Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Thursday, November 29, 2012

New China Glaze Tranzitions Collection (press release, bottle shots and video demo)

I just received the press release for the new China Glaze Tranzitions Collection, and it looks like loads of fun! Check it out (and be sure to watch the video demonstration at the end of this post).


COLOR + TOP COAT = ENDLESS CREATIVITY 
China Glaze® Introduces Tranzitions Color Changing Collection

Los Angeles, CA – (November 2012): There’s nail art and then there’s China Glaze® nail couture.  Reverse French manicure, half moons, ombre, basket weave, dots or racing stripes: nail designs are intricate and multi-colored.  China Glaze® introduces a new way to get multi-color, unique nail art with fewer bottles of polish with the new color-changing Tranzitions collection!

China Glaze® Tranzitions’ revolutionary new nail lacquer reacts when a clear top coat is applied, changing the color from one shade to another for a stunning effect.  Wear any of the six beautiful, color-shifting shades alone, or allow your creativity to run wild and create intricate nail designs by applying a top coat all over or strategically.  Try different looks using nail art brushes, free-hand designs or nail guides.  Because each shade changes color, you get two lacquers in one, creating an entirely new look with just one swipe.

Keep reading for bottles shots and a video demonstration... 

The China Glaze® Tranzitions collection features six shades, though with the color transition, you get 12 unique shades including:
Split Perso-NAIL-ity – Dusty pink shifts to fuchsia

Duplicityy – Mint green shifts to vibrant teal

Modify Me – Periwinkle blue shifts to indigo blue

Altered Reality – Teal blue shifts to turquoise

Metallic Metamorphosis – Silvery grey shifts to bluish-charcoal grey

Shape Shifter – Smokey violet shifts to dark purple

How It Works:

Step 1: Apply a base coat.

Step 2: Apply two coats of China Glaze® Tranzitions shade of choice.  Allow to completely dry.

Step 3: Lastly, apply one coat of clear top coat such as China Glaze® Fast Forward and watch the color change right before your eyes.

Watch this video demonstration to see it in action:

 
The China Glaze® Tranzitions collection will be available in January 2013 at fine salons and beauty supply stores.

China Glaze is free of DBP, toluene, and added formaldehyde, and is never tested on animals.

China Glaze nail lacquers are available through salons and professional beauty supply stores nationwide. For more information, please visit www.chinaglaze.com or follow China Glaze on Facebook (@ChinaGlaze), Twitter (@ChinaGlazeOfficial) and Pinterest (pinterest.com/chinaglaze).

China Glaze® is a division of American International Industries.
SHARE:

28 comments

  1. This is like Crayola's magic color changing markers! lol :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is soo cool! I love this idea.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. THIS IS SO COOL! Can't wait to find them in stores!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is exciting news! I can't wait to get my hands on one and play with it. Something totally new and refreshing. My wish list just keeps getting longer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is superb!!!
    I have an old Avon kit that creates the same effect (but a little softer that this one), it was my first changing nail polish ever and I still love this manicure idea!
    I hope China Glaze's kits will arrive soon overseas.
    xoxo from Italy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, these look so cool! I wonder if they'll only work with China Glaze's top coat or other top coats as well. But I really love this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oooh, LOVE the mint color. I can't wait to try it :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how they imply that any top coat will work. That one little line made me definitely want these.

    "apply one coat of clear top coat **such as** China Glaze® Fast Forward"

    ReplyDelete
  9. There was a drugstore version of this a few months ago, wasn't there? Dumbbell shaped bottle with polish on both ends?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i was totally thinking the same thing.

      Delete
    2. Yes!! They were called Color Phase and I spotted them at Rite Aid back in May:

      http://nouveaucheap.blogspot.com/2012/05/spotted-tons-of-new-nail-polish.html

      The word on those was that you needed a lot of top coat to get it to change color, and even then, the effect was not too dramatic. I never did try one...

      Delete
    3. I got the one that was similar to Shape Shifter -It was definitely not as dramatic, but still a decent effect! Can't wait to try CG's version! Thanks for the Info on them G! :)

      Delete
  10. Really interesting that bigger name companies are doing this now. (If China Glaze is doing it, I'm pretty sure Essie and OPI might too.) I remember seeing a drugstore version of this a few months ago. I really like Duplicityy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! It was called Color Phase (I posted the link to my original sighting back in May, in a comment above). Barry M (UK) also has something similar. I'm happy that these will be so easily available, unlike those! :)

      Delete
  11. Now this is really cool! I see a couple of colors I would love to play with!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG looooove! I can never do nail art lol

    ReplyDelete
  13. Is that how much polish most people use? My coats are a lot thinner. I'm now feeling insecure about my polishing. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think there's one ”right” way to apply polish. :) Some people just naturally apply thinner coats while others are more heavy-handed (like myself). Also, I think each particular polish formula dictates how think or thin a single coat will be. These polishes may be a thicker formula, or require a thicker coat, so that could be why she applied it thicker than what you may be used to. It's all relative! :)

      Delete
  14. This would be really cool to do with clear top coats and Konad!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These look awesome, but the downside (for me, at least) of being able to use ANY top coat is that I can't just use my top coat normally to seal the polish :(

    ReplyDelete
  16. great idea. but they should come out with a top coat that doesnt change the color of the nail polish too...i would still like to glaze my nails after changing colors...i wonder if a matte top coat would change the color too because that would be so cool

    ReplyDelete
  17. I agree with having a top coat that doesn't change the color to keep the manicure long-lasting, but I'll still probably get this because it will make nail art so much easier.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig