Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Friday, October 5, 2012

New Candie's Beauty Collection (Part One: Nails)


Attention Kohl's shoppers! Did you know that Candie's just launched a new beauty collection (now available online and in-store)? I remember Candie's from the 80s when all they made were shoes, but since then they've expanded into jewelry and apparel and now...beauty!

Today I'll be bringing you extensive coverage of the entire Candie's beauty line, and I'm starting with their nail polish collection:

 Candie's Nail Polish
(retail: $8 each exclusively at Kohl's, 0.34 oz)

Bottle shots of all 20 polishes in this collection, after the jump...

Let's start with the creme polishes, which are called Candie's Smooth Polishes: "Sweeten your nails with Candie's nail polish. This creamy formula adds the perfect dose of sugar to any outfit."
Peek-a-boo
 
Orange Pop
 
 Strawberry Field
 La La Lilac
 Oh My Melon
 Peri Twinkle
 Mighty Mint
 Go Bananas
 Aqua Denim
 
 My Kind Of Teal
 
 Black
 
 Concrete Jungle

Next up:

Candie's Metallic Nail Polishes: "Let your nails do the work for you. Highlight your favorite outfit with the soft metallic glow of this shimmering nail polish."

 
 Royal Navy
 Mega Metal

And last but not least:

Candie's Glitter Polishes: "Paint your nails with a dazzling new look from Candies. Flecks of glitter add sparkle and shimmer to your nails, giving your overall ensemble standout appeal."
 Dream Pink
White Noise
 Over The Rainbow

Close-up of Over The Rainbow:

 Galactic Dust
 Gimme Gold
Disco Chic

Close-up of Disco Chic:



Please check back soon for the rest of my coverage of the new Candie's Beauty Collection, including makeup, bath, body and fragrance products.

In the meantime, what do you think of these nail polish offerings from Candie's?
SHARE:

16 comments

  1. AHHH I WANT ALL OF THEM!!! good thing I got paid today..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I might have to go pick up White Noise, at least!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! I'm definitely going to have to get a few of these. :3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those polishes look so pretty! But $8 for .34 oz. is steep to me. Plus they look like jellies, which require like, 4 coats....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll have to see swatches before I make any final decisions, but just the bottle shots are underwhelming. At $8 a bottle, they're pricing themselves in the same league as OPI and Essie, and you're getting almost 1/3 less product with Candie's than OPI or Essie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. $8 is their regular price, but I can see them being on perma-sale, just like everything at Kohl's always is, LOL. Plus they have 15-20% coupons all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, but they'll probably be on perma-sale, just like everything always is at Kohl's, LOL. And they usually have 15-20% off coupons too. So I wouldn't write them off just because they're $8 at full price. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Do you remember that Candies has makeup in the 80's? I had a pink lip color and nail polish and a cherry lip color and nail polish. My grandma ordered it from a catalog when I was 11 or 12.

    ReplyDelete
  9. White Noise looks like a flakie polish, but made up of bar glitter-- is that a thing?? Def want to see a swatch. The makeup at Kohl's usually doesn't have the same steep markdown as the rest of the stuff in the store, so unless there's a particular sale or one has Kohl's Cash, i'm definitely echoing the "$8??" complaint. Over The Rainbox looks like a pretty unique glitter, though.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Typical Kohl's - they jack up the prices to make it seem like a deal when they have a sale. Not a fan of that store. The colors aren't unique looking at all - even for 4.00 a bottle. Which is what they will end up being given the perpetual 50% off sales. The rainbow glitter looks potentially promising, but hard to tell until we see swatches.

    ReplyDelete
  11. 8 dollars seems pricy considering they look the size of essence ones!! Better be good polishes! or like others said always be on sale likes kohls does

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm probably going to have to check out that White Noise. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'd like to try White Noise and Over the Rainbow. They're the only ones that look unique.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I remember Candie's shoes from high school. I'm dying to order this bottle design but online at Kohl's is the only place I can find and they only have 3 boxed gift sets and those bottles look very different from these beauties. I then Googled Candie's nail polish swatches and can't find anyone with swatches yet, I guess I will have to investigate further unless anyone knows where to order these online?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Melody, I remember that. I was in high school, I think, so it must have been the very early 80's. I had two nail colors, light green and light blue. I still have the green.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig