Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Tuesday, October 30, 2012

L'Oreal Blinged & Brilliant: reader requests

After I posted my review of the limited edition L'Oreal Infallible eyeshadow Blinged & Brilliant, I received some requests to compare Blinged & Brilliant to the limited edition Maybelline Color Tattoo shade Barely Beige. I also received some requests to post pics of the combo I mentioned in my review (I love how Blinged & Brilliant looks paired with Urban Decay Toasted).

I absolutely love requests, so I'm happy to show you both! Keep reading for pics...


L'Oreal Blinged & Brilliant + Urban Decay Toasted (no primer)



This look is so shimmery that the shimmer actually gets a little distorted and ends up looking flat in my photos. Trust me though, it's anything but flat in real life. These two colors look so natural together--I LOVE how they blend into one another. It's a great day look because the colors are light, but it's also high-shimmer so it keeps things "fun". Perfect for a weekend day look, paired with a cherry red lip and just a tiny bit of blush on the apples of the cheeks!

Urban Decay Toasted and L'Oreal Blinged & Brilliant

I applied L'Oreal Blinged & Brilliant on my lid and crease and then I blended it up into the brow bone. Then I applied Urban Decay Toasted in the crease and also on my lower lash line. (By the way, I used my e.l.f. Python brush that I got on clearance at Target the other day and I LOVED it for applying Toasted to my crease and also for blending. The bristles are super soft and the brush is very easy to work with. If you can sang it on clearance at your Target right now, I think it's definitely worth $1.70).

Other items used:

Maybelline Define-A-Brow pencil in Dark Blonde to fill in brows
NYC Big Bold Mascara on upper and lower lashes (two coats)
Palladio Herbal Precision Eyeliner in Black Onyx on waterline

Now for a comparison of Maybelline Barely Beige and L'Oreal Blinged & Brilliant:


Barely Beige is just that: beige. Blinged & Brilliant is champagne (peachy with a bit of gold). Definitely different, but if you apply Blinged & Brilliant on top of Barely Beige, it tones down the peachiness of Blinged & Brilliant a bit.


I know that many of you have been trying to find both Maybelline Barely Beige and L'Oreal Blinged & Brilliant at your local drugstores lately, so I hope this post helps you to better determine if you need either one (or both).

And thanks to everyone for the great requests--please keep them coming!
SHARE:

9 comments

  1. pretty and bright color...though all the shades seems same <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is brilliantly beautiful. LOVEEEEE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this combination, I never really use Toasted in my Naked palette so that's excuse enough for me to pick up Blinged & Brilliant ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, so now I need dupes for Toasted since I can't wear UD shadows.. LOL... kidding. They do look great together. I adore Barely Beige.. I've been looking everywhere for a backup but every display is empty. It's not only a fantastic base for any shadow.. it's perfect on it's own for a "get out the door in a hurry" eye.. just BB all over, some liner and mascara. It has enough shimmer to give the eye some dimension and looks great with any bold lip color. They seriously need to add it to the permanent collection, it is by far my favorite of all the color tattoos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm in love with champagne Colors too! Oh my...time to find blinged and brilliant :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't want it before, and I normally don't even like that much shimmer, but OMG your look is beautiful! And I have the Naked palette. So I might just have to pick it up after reading this. Thanks G!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful look for you, G! Your application skills make me jealous----I feel like a 5 yr old trying to finger paint, compared to yours.

    Btw, I have 2 of the elf python brushes and I definitely agree. They are a dream to work with!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Is barely beige still available in stores?

    ReplyDelete
  9. i've been looking for barely beige at different CVS and Walgreen stores in my area and no luck :(

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig