Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Nouveau Cheap readers have spoken: your favorite drugstore eyeliner brand is...

Wow! Thanks to everyone who voted in last month's "favorite drugstore brand eyeliner" poll! We had a record 1,253 votes and the results are in:



First Place: 
Milani
(287 votes)

Second Place:
Wet n Wild
(223 votes)

Third Place:
Maybelline
(190 votes)

Honorable mentions:
Revlon
(189 votes--one vote away from a tie for third place)

Physicians Formula
(180 votes)

L'Oreal 
(157 votes)

I'm going to assume that those of you who voted for Milani probably did so because you love the Liquif'eyes liners. Would this be a fair assumption, is there another Milani liner that has stolen your heart?

As always, if you voted in this poll, I would LOVE if you'd leave a comment on this post and let us know which eyeliner in particular is your favorite. Although I honestly love eyeliners from every brand that cracked the top five, my personal vote when to Physicians Formula, just because I find myself reaching for their automatic pencil in Taupe almost every day.

And of course, if you voted "other", I'd love to know which brand you would have voted for if it had been an option.

PS: The new poll is up, and this month we're tackling lipgloss. I'd love it if you'd take a minute to cast your vote. Thank you in advance!
SHARE:

15 comments

  1. I didn't vote as I usually don't wear eyeliner, but just yesterday I broke down and finally got Maybelline's gel eyeliner in brown hoping that it would finally answer my eyeliner prayers and I have to say it really is a miracle worker! I still need to practice because I have hooded lids and need to make a real thin line, but considering how inexperienced I am at eyeliner, and I was able to leave the house in the morning with my eyes lined, I consider this a success :). Going to pick up the green and eggplant today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew Milani was going to win. But I'm somewhat shocked that Wet N' Wild is 2nd. O_o I Love there shadows but eyeliner, not so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite Liquid Eyeliner:
    Prestige's liquid liner!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I voted for Milani because of the liquif'eye liner pencil in black, it's the blackest black, love it. I haven't found a drugstore liquid eyeliner or gel eyeliner that I really love but I think I will look at physician's formula next!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I voted for Milani cause their Liquif' is the best I've tried. They lasted longer than my UDs by a bit and the price is SO much better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been LOVING Prestige's eyeliner in Strong Slate lately! That is the color I have been reaching for the most, even over my beloved UD 24/7 pencils!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I voted for Physicians Formula. That Shimmer Strips eyeliner trio is life changing. I find myself reaching for it more than my HG MUFE Aqua Eyes 2L eyeliner. So I guess it's not so HG anymore?

    ReplyDelete
  8. L'Oreal Intense Felt Tip Liquid Eyeliner is a holy grail item for me. I wear a subdued cat eye practically everyday, and I've been using this eyeliner for years. No other drugstore liquid eyeliner compares, for me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I voted for Milani for their infinite liquid liner, not just the pencil liner!

    ReplyDelete
  10. NYX is life-changing! So creamy and so many colors! I'm in love.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love PF's gel eyeliners, especially the fact that they're stackable. The formula is also really good, they have interesting colours, and I like that they include a decent brush with them!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I voted for WnW because I love the H20 liquid liner in black...however I haven't gotten a chance to try liners from most of the brands on the list. I am REALLY looking forward to the CVS end of the year clearance event so that I can try out everything that my heart desires! lol! I hope they have tons on sale for 75% off, especially the PF gel liners!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I voted for Physician's Formula, because I love their gel liners, but I've got to give props to the L'Oreal HIP Kohl powders.

    They appear to be phasing out most of the HIP line in most of the displays I've seen, but the kohls are so great if you like to wear stuff on your waterline. I have all the colors but brown and black. Burgundy, Teal, Navy, and Gold. They last forever.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have 2 favorite brands of eyeliner. My holy grail are the Styli-Style Line & Seal 24-hour pencils. I get them at CVS for about $5 a piece and they are available in a rainbow of colors. They are smudgeproof, smearproof and waterproof and look just as great at the end of the day as they did when first applied. My other favorite is a brand I just discovered a few months ago at Sally's Beauty Supply. They are the Real Colors Hydra Eyes Waterproof Gel Eye Liners. They cost about $6 a piece and remind me very much of the MUFE Aqua Eyes liners both in their consistency and performance.

    ReplyDelete
  15. milani liquif'eyes - best pencil, wet n wild - best gel liner (cheap too!!), l'oreal carbon black liquid liner w/ the felt tip

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig