Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Tuesday, September 27, 2011

My cuticles love: L'Occitane Pivoine Flora Hand Cream

A few months ago, I was offered the chance to review some L'Occitane products. I adore their Shea Butter Hand Cream (who doesn't, right?), but since the price point on L'Occitane products is generally a bit beyond the theme of this blog, I opted to receive one of their more affordable products, the Pivoine Flora Hand Cream (retail: $10, 1.0 oz), for a potential review.

Little did I know, a few months later, that I would fall so in love with this product.

 L'Occitane Pivoine Flora Hand Cream
(retail: $10, 1.0 oz)



L'Occitane Pivoine Flora Hand Cream is a peony-scented hand cream. The ingredients are as follows:


Even though the tube is small (for reference, it's about the size of a travel-size tube of toothpaste), I find that the potency of this product makes it so one tube will last you a very long time.


The consistency of this hand cream is actually more like a milky lotion/gel hybrid. It's a thinner consistency, which made me wonder if it would do much to hydrate my hands and keep them moisturized (more on that in a bit):

 A pea-sized amount of L'Occitane Pivoine Flora Hand Cream


In the above photo, I tired to give you an idea of the consistency of this hand cream. It's not thick, but it's not watery either. It's extremely easy to work into your skin (it takes no effort at all to apply this to the hands). It absorbs quickly, leaving my hands buttery-soft but not sticky or greasy to the touch.

But let's get to why I'm so in love with this product: 

Let me start by telling you that I've probably used over 100 different cuticle and hand creams over the course of my life (I'm old). Most hand/cuticle creams can make your cuticles look amazing immediately after application (heck, I could put plain ol' canola oil on my cuticles and they'd instantly look amazing). But the one thing that always seems to let me down is when I think I've found a great product, only to discover that the minute I stop using it, my cuticles immediately return to their regular, disastrous state. 

So number one on my list of criteria for a good hand/cuticle cream is: 

I must be able to skip a day (or two, or three) and not have my cuticles revert to their original state.

And that, my friends, is why I love this product. I can go three or even four days between applications and my cuticles still look halfway decent. A small miracle, yes. But for someone who doesn't have the time to apply cuticle cream every night and maintain things the way they should be maintained, it's pretty awesome.

Look, everyone's different and some people react to certain ingredients differently than others. So let me just say this: the third ingredient in this product is shea butter, and my skin happens to LOVE shea butter. So I'm guessing that the shea butter, combined with the other natural plant oils and extracts in Pivoine Flora Hand Cream, happen to work extremely well for my particular skin and cuticles. Will this work just as well for you? I have no way of knowing for certain. I'm just sharing with you my personal experience, and that experience has been nothing but awesome.

FINAL VERDICT: If you're looking for a soft, floral-scented hand cream that absorbs quickly and leaves your skin soft but not sticky or greasy, I think this would be a great product to try. If you're looking for something to keep your dry cuticles in check, I can only hope that this product works as well for you as it does for me. My cuticles have never looked better--even after skipping a few days between applications. A pea-sized amount is all I need for all ten of my cuticles, so if you plan to use this solely on your cuticles, one tube should last you a very long time.

Still skeptical? Please don't take my word for it--check out the Sephora reviews (average rating 4.8 out of 5). The reviews are for the trio (which is no longer sold on the Sephora website) but there are plenty of references to this particular hand cream.

You can purchase L'Occitane Pivoine Flora Hand Cream at your nearest L'Occitane boutique, or online.

Are you a L'Occitane fan? What are some of your favorite products?

A sample of this product was given to Nouveau Cheap for editorial purposes, either directly from the manufacturer or from the agency that works on behalf of the manufacturer. All reviews on NouveauCheap.blogspot.com are the honest opinion of its author and editorial samples do not, in any way, affect the outcome of product reviews.
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. I am keeping an eye out for items containing shea butter. This sounds interesting, but it is probably more than I am likely to spend. I have some Shea Moisture shea butter, and that works wonderfully on my cuticles! Definitely keeps them looking nicer, and it is helpful for other things too, like helping cuts heal faster.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE L'Occitane. Seriously they are one of my all-time, Holy Grail brands. They never fail me. I haven't tried this specific cream but the Shea Butter hand cream is my favorite among favorites. Love it!! XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well you definitely peaked my interest with this product. I have really dry cuticles and I hate the feeling of having greasy hands, so I don't always moisturize my hands and cuticles like I should. I'll probably give this a try very soon! I've been searching and searching for a good hand cream that moisturizes but doesn't take forever to absorb into my skin. I hope this works the same miracles for me :)

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig