Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Thursday, August 4, 2011

Spotted: lots of new products and displays (pic heavy)

I've got some CVS, Target, Walmart and Rite Aid sightings for you today, lovelies!

First, it appears that several of you may have missed my post containing the info about the new Jesse's Girl baked palettes and 9-pan palettes, because I've been flooded with emails recently asking if I had any info about them. If you missed my post with the information I received directly from Jesse's Girl, PLEASE CLICK HERE.

As luck would have it I spotted the new 9-pans at a local Rite Aid the other day, so I wanted to give you a closer look at them:



When I finally had a chance to pick up one of these palettes and hold it in my hand, I have to say that it far exceeded my expectations! The case is even nicer than I thought it would be:


See how it's rounded on the edges and kind of sleek-looking?

It's hard to tell in these pics, but the shadows in each palette seem to be a combination of mattes, satins and shimmers (though I won't know for sure until I get one).


Next up, I also spotted the new Rimmel Volume Accelerator mascara display at Rite Aid (I want to thank several of you for submitted pics of this new mascara to me as well!):


 Next up, the lovely Jess spotted the new Garnier Flat Iron Perfector Straightening Mist with Argan Oil at Target and was kind enough to share a pic:

 image credit: Jess for Nouveau Cheap

Jess also spotted lots of new products at Walmart, including this new Aveeno Eye Illuminator:

  image credit: Jess for Nouveau Cheap

Also at Walmart, Jess spotted a nice selection of Specific Beauty skincare products:

  image credit: Jess for Nouveau Cheap

AND she spotted something I have been SO excited to see in person (but have yet to see myself): the new Softsoap BAR SOAPS!

 image credit: Jess for Nouveau Cheap

 image credit: Jess for Nouveau Cheap

I reviewed the Softsoap Honeysuckle & Orange Peel body wash a long time ago on this blog, and I'm SO excited to see it in bar soap form as well. I honestly think that this fragrance is something you'd expect to see from a company like Fresh--it smells so much more high-end than so many other bath products at the drugstore.

  image credit: Jess for Nouveau Cheap

 image credit: Jess for Nouveau Cheap

Next up, the lovely Maria spotted some new displays at her local CVS and was kind enough to share:

  image credit: Maria for Nouveau Cheap

(Please note: there are some NYC polishes in this photo that are obviously not a part of this collection.)

I don't believe that this Milani display actually contains any new products, BUT there appears to be a fun tutorial for lace nail art:

  image credit: Maria for Nouveau Cheap

Maria also spotted the OPI Miss Universe display at her CVS:

  image credit: Maria for Nouveau Cheap

  image credit: Maria for Nouveau Cheap

  image credit: Maria for Nouveau Cheap

  image credit: Maria for Nouveau Cheap

Thanks so much, Jess and Maria, for the great pics and info! It is MUCH appreciated!

Have you spotted and/or purchased any of the new products featured in this post? I'd love to hear your thoughts!
SHARE:

9 comments

  1. All are new to me save for the Rimmel mascara. I'd like to get those Jesse's Girl palettes. I bet you want that neutral one, G! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got the Rimmel mascara... Worst brush EVER! I can barely even get any mascara on my eyelashes. :( And I really wanted this to work too, I even paid full price for it (gasp!).

    Those softsoap bars might help ease my pain if I can find them though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really wish I could get my hands on some of the Jesse's Girl items. The closest place that sells them is like 200 miles away! O_O

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohhh WOW those jesse girls palettes look amazing and you really cant be that price, cant wait to hear about the pigmentation?

    <3 BB

    ReplyDelete
  5. where was the barsoaps spotted at. I definetly wanna try the coconut soap as i use the body wash all the time. I like the juicy pomegranate one also so id like to try the soap as well. was this stuff at walmart? Gonna look tonight and see.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I second that the Softsoap orange and honeysuckle bar soap is at Walmart. I'm SO excited to try it. I smelled the liquid body wash and it's delectable. Thank you for the heads up! I never would have known about this otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Has anyone tried the new products from Garnier? I wanna try the flat iron spray, the blow dry perfector straightening balm, and the daily care silky secret leave in spray(that is the one i want to try the most its supposed to be real light weight). Also i saw on ulta's website that Organix has a light version of their argan oil for fine haired girls.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just purchased the Softsoap Coconut Scrub soap. I really like the texture and it makes my skin very soft! I just wish the smell was more coconutty. I bought it at Wal-mart and it was a four pack for 2.98.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have the coconut soap, and its pretty bad. No exfoliation, poor smell.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig