Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Monday, August 8, 2011

Spotted: limited edtion Sally Hansen polishes and more

I spotted some new goodies at Walgreens during my last trip so I thought I'd share. Oh and by the way, I've got lots of other new product posts I'm working on for this week, so if you like these types of posts, please check back soon!

I finally spotted the new LE Sally Hansen collection:




I can't believe I haven't tried one of the Nailgrowth Miracle polishes yet! Well, I ALMOST bought of these babies (more on that in a sec):



As you can see, the only shade missing from this display is Desert Clay, which, from the swatch on this display, looks to be a mid-toned salmon.

You can pretty much guess which color I was going to buy when I spotted this display: Creamy Olive. Duh! But then, as I'm prone to do, I decided to Google some swatches on my phone first. Well I am SO glad I did, because you know whose swatches came up first in my Google search? Steph's! And wouldn't you know it, she swatched Creamy Olive next to Sinful Colors Seaweed (which I already own and showed you here) and they're pretty much identical. So thanks, Steph, for saving me $5.99!

I also spotted the new Essie collection at Walgreens...finally!


This is a dreadful picture and this display only carries four of the six shades (you can see a product image of all six shades here). For me, the most intriguing shade of the four in this display is Power Clutch, which is described as a khaki but, in the light of the store, looks more like a very dark gray. I did not pick up on any green whatsoever in the bottle. You can see some swatches of Power Clutch, along with Case Study and Carry On here.


And finally, I wanted to show you the new bottles for St. Ives lotion. Also, I believe the fragrance in the middle, Coconut Milk & Orchid Extract, is new.

Have you spotted or purchased any of the products mentioned in this post?
SHARE:

13 comments

  1. Now you've got me thinking I need to go to Walgreens!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Power Clutch is the only color from the Fall Essie collection that I picked up. It's a tricky one - because in some lights it looks just like a dark grey and in others it's dark grey with a hint of green. Remember Smokin' Hot from last year? It was grey with a hint of purple - this is the same, but with green. The green definitely shows up more on the nail than in the bottle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Comparison swatches of Creamy Olive and Seaweed saved me $5.99 too. XD

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooh~ that polished pearl looks like an excellent (warm tone) nude color? hopefully :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAYYYY! I'm so excited to see Carry On in stores - I thought it was coming out much much later, when I'd be out of the country :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks I love these posts u always got the scoop.

    ReplyDelete
  7. MORE new bottle for St. Ives? They just changed their bottles about a year and a half to two years ago! Man, I hate unnecessary change!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I found Power Clutch at Meijer's the other day and picked it up. It wasn't on a display though, kind of just sitting where the essie display was, like someone had misplaced it on top. Anyway, I didn't know it wasn't part of the core collection ;)
    I'm going back today to see if I can find lady like and carry on as well ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I will definitely need to make a trip to Walgreens. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. i saw the polishes at Target in my area but didnt buy one as I already had 2 others in my cart! Anyway I did see the olive green and thought about you G! LOL. Anyway I cant wait to get my hands on the new St. Ives lotions!! I saw an ad in a magazine and will purchase one as soon as I see them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I had to go look and see if I had Seaweed. Which just tells you how much SC I've hauled in the last couple of weeks. (I do have it.) I find myself attracted to that peach color...I keep looking at the corals in the Complete Manicure line and I may have to pick one up.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gah, my Creamy Olive lemming intensifies! And I have and love Essie Power Clutch... so chic and perfect for fall!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oooh I think I must try that coconut St. Ives lotion. I love coconut! Have you tried it? And, the essie's polish looks so fall-y. Which means it needs to be part of my collection :p

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig