Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Nouveau Cheap readers have spoken! Your favorite drugstore mascara brand is...

After one month and 1,090 votes, here are the results of the latest Nouveau Cheap Readers' Poll:


The winner by a landslide:
MAYBELLINE (403 votes)

Second place:
COVERGIRL (205 votes)

Third place:
L'OREAL (180 votes)

There weren't really any other contenders in this poll--no other brands cracked 100 votes or above.

I want to apologize for inadvertently omitting a great brand from this poll: Prestige. I don't know how I left this brand off the list as I personally LOVE their mascaras. Since 31 of you voted "other", I'm wondering how many of you would have voted for Prestige if it had been an option?

For those of you who voted Maybelline, CoverGirl or L'Oreal, what's your favorite formula? I'd love it if you'd leave your answer in the comments--it's always great to get more details from you!

PS: There's a new poll up (see right-hand sidebar) so please take a moment to vote, if you can. This month we're tackling drugstore concealers!
SHARE:

15 comments

  1. I have liked every Maybelline mascara I've tried! My current favorite is the Falsies Flared mascara.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite is Loreal Voluminous, no contest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I voted for L'Oreal- I love Voluminous Million Lashes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love maybelline's colossal volum' express mascara! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Mabelline's Lash Stiletto. That said, I have been really tempted to try their Falsies mascara.
    Thank you for all the fun polls!
    ~ Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  6. L'Oreal Voluminous Carbon Black is my go-to mascara.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with Kristen. Maybelline Falsies Flared is wonderful! I've been a fan of the Volume Xpress line since it was introduced and it keeps getting better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i never hear people talk about it..but i love maybelline's full and soft!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i didnt vote because i dont think i could choose! lol my one mascara that i always have no matter how many other mascaras im trying, is covergirl lashblast volume. coming in a very close second is prestiges my blackest lashes.. just bought this almost a month ago and have definitely been loving it. and one mascara i usually hang on to for a suuuuper dramatic look is maybellines XXL extensions, its another great one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I voted for Covergirl. LashBlast Fusion and Lash Perfection are my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It was a hard decision. But i voted for Maybelline and love the falsies flared. But i also love Loreal Voluminous Carbon Black. I alternate between the 2.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Maybelline Colossal Volum' Express is the only mascara for me. I have strayed a few times but always come back. Haven't bothered trying the Falsies Volum' Express since this one is so perfect for me.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Maybelline One by One!! Ah.May.Zing

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, I personally prefer CoverGirl formulas b/c they're not as wet as Maybelline, but CoverGirl hasn't came out with an amazing formula since LashBlast

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig