Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Tuesday, August 2, 2011

CVS coupons just got A LOT easier

Attention CVS shoppers! I read this news article today and I had to share it with you immediately. This is such fantastic news if you are signed up to receive emails from CVS (if you're not, you should be!):

 
(drugstorenews.com)

CVS enhances ExtraCare savings with digital Send to Card option

WOONSOCKET, R.I. — CVS/pharmacy once again has boosted its rewards program with a new digital savings option that allows customers to send coupons directly to their loyalty card.

The company said that the "Send to Card" option provides ExtraCare cardholders, who have opted in to receive ExtraCare emails, with the option to send select coupons directly to their ExtraCare cards for automatic, digital in-store redemption, eliminating the need to print those coupons at home and submit paper copies at the register.

As previously reported by Drug Store News, CVS/pharmacy celebrated the 10th anniversary of its ExtraCare Rewards program by offering cardholders quarterly ExtraBucks rewards, which are automatic savings each shopper earns for scanning their ExtraCare card during each shopping visit. In line with the celebration, CVS launched its MoneyTrashers campaign, designed to help more customers realize that these rewards can be used to buy almost anything in the store.

"Our goal is to offer all 67 million ExtraCare cardholders the choice of how they personally want to engage with our program to receive offers and rewards at CVS/pharmacy," CVS/pharmacy VP customer relationship management Melissa Studzinski said. "We encourage all of our cardholders to sign up for ExtraCare emails to take advantage of this new, easy way to save while shopping at CVS/pharmacy."

I don't know about you, but I'm THRILLED by this news! Being able to send a coupon straight to my Extra Care card means I'll never forget (or have to print out) a CVS coupon ever again. That's a beautiful thing!
SHARE:

9 comments

  1. yep, love this. I discovered it doesn't work from a cell phone though; has to be done on a desktop pc on their regular site (not mobile site) for whatever reason. No biggie, just have to remember to transfer as soon as they come in or risk my forgetting and coupons expiring. Regardless, this awesomeness will save me a ton on ink and paper, w00t! Everyone should do this *hint hint Rite Aid with my 20% Wellness discount on top!*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man! I just went to CVS today for a small haul and was thinking about how much easier it would be to just have my EBs just loaded onto my card rather than having to save the slips of paper they're printed on. Not to mention how much better for the environment this will be. Do you know if this goes into effect immediately?

    ReplyDelete
  3. im so excited for this because my printer has been broken for who knows how long and i hate missing out on some of these coupons.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, this makes life so much easier, LOLOL... I hate wasting paper, not to mention it's such a hassle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh gosh! What great news,G! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Steffy: So glad to hear from someone who has actually tried this! Good to know it doesn't work from a phone *makes mental note*. Thanks! :)

    Patty: Steffy (above) has used it already, so I'm assuming it has! BUT, I do NOT believe that it applies to Extra Bucks. This is only in reference to the coupons that CVS emails you (like the $5 off a $25 coupon, etc.).

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like this idea too! I am always shopping at CVS...and always forgetting my coupons! Love the idea of digital coupons!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I sent a 25% off coupon to my card, and discovered that I had to either use the coupon on my next purchase, or else make my next purchase without scanning my CVS card. In other words, you can't choose to skip using the coupon on the $4 purchase you make today so that you can use it on the $40 purchase you plan to make tomorrow. Unless, of course, there was some way for my cashier to skip the coupon that she didn't know about...

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig