Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Friday, June 10, 2011

Odds 'n' Ends


I've got lots of little tidbits to share with you today, so I hope you'll take a minute to scan through this post. As always, I don't want you to miss out on anything!
  • My pal Tara let me know that she spotted the same four Essie A French Affair polishes that are on clearance at CVS also on clearance at Walgreens for 50% off! Tara also spotted some of the Revlon mini-polish sets I posted about a few weeks ago at her local Big Lots for just $2. Thanks for the scoop, Tara! PS: Many of you have been kind enough to let me know that you've spotted several of the products on clearance at CVS also on clearance at Walgreens and Rite Aid lately, so be sure to check ALL of the drugstores for your favorites!
  • More polish news: the lovely Patty spotted a bin of Revlon Top Speed polish in the shade Royal (which I reviewed here) on clearance for $2.48 each. Sounds like they might be discontinuing this shade? At any rate, if you love this color, check your local Target for it on clearance. Thanks for the heads-up, Patty!
  • One more bit of polish news! There's a new Sinful Colors collection that a few of you have spotted at Walgreens lately, and it seems to be similar to the OPI Pirates of the Caribbean collection. It's called Adventure Island and you can see pics of it on Wendy's blog here. My pal T-Rex said that there were a few colors she hasn't seen before and that "most were murky pastels, including a very dirty light green and a greenish tan." I am ALL over this and can't wait to see them in person! Thanks T-Rex and Wendy!
  • The Bath and Body Works Semi-Annual sale starts TODAY (in-store and online). There are lots of fan-favorites on deep clearance (Twisted Peppermint hand soap for $1.25, and the Blushing Mimosa hand soap which I LOVE and reviewed here for $1.25 too!). As always, BBW runs special weekly sales too, so be sure to check in once a week and see what the weekly special is for that week. This week they're kicking things off with $3 Signature Collection Classics. Whoo hoo!
  • My kind reader Poochie left a comment on my You Tell Me post giving us the heads-up that there are NEW Maybelline products being spotted at Walgreens. The names are: Eye Studio Liquid Liner Pen, Explosive Eye Shadows and Falsies Flared. Exciting! Has anyone seen these in person yet? Thanks for the heads-up, Poochie!
  • Thanks to Musleha for the heads-up that Ulta has a Smashbox lipgloss duo on sale for just $10 right now. You can see swatches of these glosses on Mushleha's blog here. (The $5 sale she also mentions in her post doesn't seem to be available anymore, but $10 for 2 Smashbox glosses is still a pretty great deal!).
Whew! That's it for this installment of Odds 'n' Ends. Did I miss anything? Do you have any beauty tidbits you'd like to share? Please please let us know!
SHARE:

14 comments

  1. i've really scored at target with the top speed polishes. because they have a $1 off target coupon that can be stacked with a manufacturers coupon to be about $.47. But last night I saw some at a different store down to $1.24, so $.25 after coupon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just bought Royal when CVS did their Revlon Nail Polish deal. I haven't actually worn it, but it'll definitely be in my all-american manicure for the 4th of July :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've also seen Revlon Top Speed polishes in Emerald and Black Star on sale @ Target for $2.48.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I scored the Revlon polish on clearance and with a coupon woot!

    I can't wait to check out the BBW Semi annual sale! I've been waiting for it since my bbw obsession started at the end of the last one haha!

    and those sinful colors polishes TOTALLY look like the opi collection! Especially the greens!

    Thank you for the post =]

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG the Falsies Flared!! That sounds awesome. Gosh i gotts try it I love the Falsies in Black Drama.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I looked around at some reviews online and it seems that some of these products r also at CVS and Walmart.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just scored China Glaze Zombie Zest and Ick-a-Body for $1.99 each at Sally. They were on clearance! They also had Orly Marilyn's Blonde, which I might need to go back and grab!

    Payless is also having clearance on some of their Zoe & Zac makeup sets, including palettes, mineral powders, nail polishes, and lip butters. I got 3 eyeshadow/lip palettes and a mineral powder for less than $10, since they're also doing BOGO! =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Couldn't help myself earlier this week, and picked up the Smashbox glosses while doing a skincare purchase at Ulta.

    They're pretty nice glosses. I've picked up some heavily discounted lipsticks of theirs in the past, and I could even call their stuff a favorite of mine, if it wasn't normally so darn expensive!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whoa your blog layout is different!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I got one of the Sinful polishes from that collection today (Seaweed) and then I took it to a store that carried OPI and it was just about dead-on the same color as one of the Pirates polishes. I like the color, though my friend called it booger green.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am going to Las Vegas tomorrow and cant wait to check the clearance sales at CVS and Walgreens on the Strip! Wooo hooo!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope my CVS has the Falsies Flared since it goes on sale tomorrow and i have a $1 off coupon and 99 cents in extra bucks. Im really looking forward to trying it. I love the Falsies!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Has anyone spotted the Orly Happy go Lucky collection yet? i know its not supposed ti be out until July. But i know sometimes Ulta will get it in before then. But maybe not cause I havent been able to find any swatches online. I wanted Vavavoom from the LE collection currently at Sallys but i talked myself out of it since I think I have similar shades. But i definatly need that Blue shade from the Happy Go Lucky collection.

    ReplyDelete
  14. BBW will take additional coupons during their Yellow sale. We used a $10.00 off received via email

    Took our very heavy bag of goodies from 49.00 to 39.00. A steal.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig