Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Tuesday, May 3, 2011

A fun, last-minute Mother's Day Gift idea from B&BW!

Last weekend I attended the Bath & Body Works Fragrance Event (more on that in an upcoming post) and I was immediately drawn to these three new anti-bacterial hand soaps. The price is what really won me over--they're currently on sale for 50% off both in-store and online! Instead of $5 each, they're just $2.50, which made them a hard deal to pass up.

Bath & Body Works Anti-Bacterial Hand Soaps
Vanilla Pistachio (Deep Cleansing Hand Soap, 8 oz)
Blushing Mimosa (Gentle Foaming Hand Soap, 8.75 oz)
Berry Parfait (Deep Cleansing Hand Soap 8 oz)
(retail: $5 each; currently on sale for $2.50 each)

Note: These hand soaps come in both traditional versions and foaming versions. I purchased Vanilla Pistachio and Berry Parfait in the traditional version, and Blushing Mimosa in the foaming version.

The reason why I think these would make a lovely, last-minute Mother's Day gift is because I just love that soft, watercolor, floral design of the labels. That just screams "mom" to me:


But don't let these bottles fool you--they're not just pretty on the outside! They smell amazing too!

Vanilla Pistachio (from the B&BW website):

...a soft blend of creamy pistachio, vanilla bean and buttery praline.

I absolutely can smell the pistachio, vanilla bean and praline in this soap and, combined, it smells deeeelish! Is it wrong that I want to nibble on my hands after I use this soap?

Blushing Mimosa (from the B&BW website):

...a sparkling blend of white peach, zesty mandarin and juicy raspberry.

 You know what I get when I smell this soap? Fruit punch! And I say that in the best possible way--I love the tartness and sweetness of fruit punch. This is such a fun summertime fragrance.

Berry Parfait (from the B&BW website):

...a juicy blend of fresh raspberries, sweet summer strawberries and whipped vanilla cream.

I get berries, berries and more berries when I sniff this soap. The whipped vanilla cream note is very subtle in this one and lends just a tiny bit of creaminess to the overall fragrance. If the mom in your life is a berry lover, this one's for her.

I hope this post helps those of you who may be wanting to give the mom in your life something fun this Sunday. Even if you've already purchased your Mother's Day gifts, I think these soaps would make for a lovely "extra" present. Or they'd be ideal to give to a girlfriend or relative who maybe just became a mother recently. Or heck, you can be like me and just buy them for yourself--you can't beat the price!

Do you already own any of these new hand soaps? If so, what do you think of them? Any favorites? I keep wavering back and forth on a favorite but I honestly can't decide!


SHARE:

3 comments

  1. oh wow i really need to stop by b&bw on saturday...y mom will love all of these scents!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i never thought of it that way but these would make a great gift for mothers day! i'm so in love with vanilla pistachio, smells YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't own any of these, but I've used them at work (I work at BBW, so I get to try it all, haha). The Vanilla Pistachio is my absolute favourite.


    Side note, some stuff went 50% off at our store recently, including Mother's Day pocketbacs and Bigelow lip balms. Those lip balms alone are well worth the trip out.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig