Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Monday, May 16, 2011

Walgreens: new products, deals and steals!

Attention Walgreens shoppers: I've got lots of info to share with you in this post, so pull up a chair and get comfortable!

First of all, I was in the middle of writing this post when I got an email from the lovely Steph from In Her Makeup Bag, and she was kind enough to give me the heads-up that ALL Physicians Formula products are now 50% off on the Walgreens website! As you probably know, shipping is free on Walgreens.com on orders of $25 or more, so if you're planning on a haul, this could really work to your advantage (by the way, Walgreens.com is one of the few online retailers that carries Black Radiance, so if you've been wanting any of the Black Radiance products I've reviewed in the past, it might be a good time to pick some up to help meet the the $25 free shipping requirement).  Thanks so much, Steph, for the scoop!

Another great online deal: my lovely reader Kristina left a comment today giving us the heads-up that select Carmex products are on sale on the Walgreens website right now for 2/$1.96. Thanks, Kristina!

Next up, my wonderful reader Dani spotted the new Sally Hansen Hard As Nails display at her local Walgreens and it looks like this line got a bit of a makeover with new bottles and new shades!

image credit: Dani for Nouveau Cheap

Thanks so much, Dani, for the great pic! I have yet to see these in my area--have any of you seen this display? Have you tried any of these new shades? I'd love to know if the formulas have changed/improved!

Next up, my kind reader Dorianne spotted these new EcoTools mini travel sets recently at her local Walgreens:

image credit: Dorianne for Nouveau Cheap

image credit: Dorianne for Nouveau Cheap

 I've never seen minis of the EcoTools bath and body stuff before--have any of you spotted these kits in your area? Thanks for the heads-up, Dorianne!

Next up, I wanted to give you a list of everything that I personally have spotted on clearance at Walgreens over the past few days. Again, I can't guarantee that these products will be on sale at YOUR location, but it's something to keep an eye out for, at the very least:

Maybelline Express Finish nail polish (all shades) - 50% off

Maybelline Volume XL Seduction Lip Gloss (all shades) - 50% off

Revlon Color Stay Mineral Finishing Powder (Suntan Matte and Sunkiss)
Sale price: $3 69 (was $14.49)

Revlon Age defying Spa Concealer (all shades)
Sale price: $2.89 (was $11.49)

Revlon Age Defying Spa Face Illuminator (all shades)
Sale price: $3.69 (was $14.49)

Almay Bright Eyes Eye Base and Concealer (all shades)
Sale price: $2.49 (was $9.79)

Rimmel Nail Polish (Violet Metal and Purple Rain)
Sale price: $2.19 (was 3.99)

Sally Hansen HD nail polishes (Hi-Def, Lite and Three D -- these were the only shades on clearance at my location, but others have spotted ALL shades on clearance)
Sale price: $3.59 (was $6.99)

NOTE:  The lovely Ruthie left a comment on the blog today with the following very helpful information.

Ruthie writes:
More Walgreens nail polish clearance news (in my area, at least)!

Rimmel Lasting Finish Pro on clearance for $2.19 however sale colors varying from store to store: One Walgreens here had almost all shades on clearance (only 2-4 NOT reduced) yet a different store had only 2-4 shades marked down, the rest were still regular price (even had a cashier scan one to make sure).

Picked up #350 Violet Metal - so gorgeous in the bottle, can't wait to try it - which was on clearance at both of the Walgreens I've checked thus far.

I had a printable manufacturer's coupon for $1 off any Rimmel Eye or Lip (from coupons.com, IIRC) that brought the price down to $1.19! YAY! :D

Thanks so much, Ruthie! I always forget to check the coupon websites when I spot clearance items at the drugstores, and that's the BEST way to get these goodies for next-to-nothing!

And finally, I want to tell you about a couple month-long sales that I spotted at Walgreens the other day (these sales end on 5/28):

The new Creme of Nature Argan haircare products (including the gloss that I reviewed here) are on sale for $6.99 (regularly $8.49)

Carmex hand and body lotions (which I reviewed here) are BOGOFREE

I also want to tell you what I bought the other day because I actually MADE money from these transactions, and you can too!



Through 5/28, all Renpure Organics products are on sale for $5.99 (regularly $6.99) and you get $4 back in Register Rewards (I've never tried Renpure and I've always wanted to).  And if that wasn't good enough, there are also REBATE offers on the Amazing Miracle Deep Penetrating Reconstructor (pictured above), for up to $6.99! So right off the bat, I'll get my out-of-pocket money back for this transaction!

But don't forget that I also got $4 in Register Rewards, so I decided to buy these new pens (I'm obsessed with pens) which retail for $3.99:



I love that they're made from recycled water bottles, and even the packaging is made from recycled materials. Oh, and these pens are refillable, which makes them even less wasteful.

So even though I initially spent $5.99 out of pocket, I'll get my $5.99 back with this rebate, and I also got the pens for FREE! I literally made money from this transaction, and you can't beat that, right?

I hope this Walgreens report helps some of you, and please feel free to let us know if you've spotted any other beauty products on clearance. The more info, the better!

And another HUGE thanks to all of the wonderful readers who contributed to this post. I really, really appreciate it!
SHARE:

13 comments

  1. I bought the Carmex lotion and I LOVE IT. Its like no other. Who wouldve thought that a brand that did lip products would put out such a great hand lotion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw darn, i wanted to buy the mascara but it's already out of stock! do you happen to know if this deal is just for the online Walgreens store? anywho, thanks for sharing this fantastic deal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got those B2P Pens at a craft store some months ago. I like them. They use G2 refills.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! This post is full of awesome-ness! Thanks for all the great info, like always.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i might have to try that argan oil since its on sale.they do also carry it at sallys for 7.19 with your beauty club card. Plus im sure they might run a special on it at some point. I wonder how the reconstructor works from Renpure. I might have to try that also.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I ordered those pens a couple of weeks back when Staples was doing a BOGO promo. I *love* them! They are so comfortable in my hand & I am totally digging on the fact they are made from recycled plastic bottles. (I'm a pen freak, too. shhhhh)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!!! Fortunately I had a Walgreen run scheduled for my lunch hour! YAY! Going to look for the Eco Tools travel kit for my up coming trip to Vegas! The CVS and Walgreens on the Strip always have the latest and greatest! Is it bad that I am excited to check them out when there is SO MUCH else going on in Las Vegas!!!! LOL
    Any I am going to try to find the Renpure deep conditioner and try that as long as I need to get some anyway! Thanks G!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Are the pens truly smooth writing? I hate pens that skip and am always on the lookout for the perfect pen.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I saw the covergirl lashblastluxe on sale for a tiny bit over $4

    ReplyDelete
  10. Check one Walgreens yesterday and none of the above was on clearance there. :(...hope to have time to check the other one in my area today because I really want the Revlon Spa Illuminator! Wish me luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am going to Walgreens today to get that Carmex cream . My hands and feet are in just horrid shape from this past winter.
    I got a bottle of that Renpure Organics treatment awhile back and I can say that I really like it. I first got the new Organix argan oil treatement, the one in the blue tub. You did a review awhile back on the shampoo & conditioner, if I remember right... I did not like that at all! Went back the next day & I got this instead. Love it!! Please let us know what you think of it. I love the scent. Its a very fresh, clean scent to me.
    So today I am off to Walgreens to get the Carmex cream, and another of the Renpure treatments, cant beat that deal! Oh and I am also going to get a tub of that Shea Moisture deep tratment masque. That stuff smells amazing and a little goes a long way!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aha! Another pen freak! I am obsessed with pens like I'm obsessed with makeup and bath and body products. I currently subscribe to around 40 blogs about pens and/or notebooks. And there are so many more out there. Just goes to show that I am so not alone in my love of pens and paper...

    ReplyDelete
  13. right now sally hansen nail color is by one get 2nd half price even the new sally hansen hard as nails so you buy 1 for 1.99 get second for .99 thats cool

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig