Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Swatches: Milani Marbleized Baked Eyeshadows

Continuing my Milani swatchfest, I'd like to show you three additional shades from the Marbleized Baked Shadow Collection (click here for the Metallics). A while back I showed you Drench in Gold and Intermix, and today I've got three additional Marbleized shades to share with you (the only shade I do not have is Medley, which is a black with silver sparkle).



 Milani Marbleized Baked Eyeshadows
(retail: $7.49 each)

These shadows do contain sparkle, which means that there's some fallout to be expected. However, when I apply them over primer, it really helps to give the shadow something to adhere to, so the fallout is contained more than when I apply them on bare skin. As with the Metallics, the label on the Marbleized shadows indicates that you can "use wet to intensify or dry for a softer look".


In the following photos, I have included one swatch on bare skin and a second swatch on top of Urban Decay Primer Potion.


Mix It Up is a matte black with lots of pretty blue sparkle. When applied over primer, the sparkle really intensifies. I'm looking forward to using this wet as eyeliner.


Fusion was the color I was the most curious to swatch in this collection. I couldn't predict how the colors would blend on the skin, and I was very happy to see that Fusion takes on almost a rose-gold quality when applied. This is a very pretty lid color and I like using Rich Java in my crease when I wear it--it's a lovely combo.


Mélange is a matte black with lots of gold sparkle. It actually looks almost metallic in real life when worn over primer. It's such an intense color--I think it would be nice to use for a nighttime smoky eye.

You can purchase Milani Marbleized Baked Eyeshadows at CVS, Walgreens and Target, and they're also available online at the Milani website and CherryCulture.

That's it for my Milani eyeshadow swatchfest! I'd love to hear from you if you've tried any of these shadows. If not, are there any that you've got your eye on?

A sample of this product was given to Nouveau Cheap for editorial purposes, either directly from the manufacturer or from the agency that works on behalf of the manufacturer. All reviews on NouveauCheap.blogspot.com are the honest opinion of its author and editorial samples do not, in any way, affect the outcome of product reviews.
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. wow I really need like ALL of these!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I'm surprised how much better they look over UDPP, I always thought it's only for anti-creasing

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found mix it up and medley at my dollar store so happy I have been wanting to try baked eyeshadows. :0)

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig