Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Thursday, March 31, 2011

Reminder: Walgreens Friends & Family sale is TODAY

Thanks to many of you for the emails, tweets and comments about the Walgreens Friends and Family sale today! For those of you who may have missed it, TODAY ONLY (Thursday, March 31st) you can take advantage of the following discounts for purchases at Walgreens:


You'll get 15% off any online or in-store purchases, and 20% off any Walgreens W Brand purchases if you print this coupon (if you're shopping in-store) or use the code FUN15 if you're placing an online order.

I have a few ideas about how to maximize your savings during this one-day-only sale:

Since Rimmel is currently 50% off, let's say you want to buy a Rimmel lipstick and it retails for $7. Well, right off the bat you'll get it for $3.50. Print this $1 off Rimmel coupon and now you're down to $2.50. And if you print the Friends & Family coupon, you're down to about $2.12!

But REMEMBER: Walgreens' coupon policy requires you to have an equal amount of coupons and items per purchase. In other words, if you're using two coupons (even if they're both going toward one product) you MUST purchase two items during that transaction. This is when "filler" comes in handy. "Filler" is the term couponers use to indicate a low-cost item they include in a transaction in order to use multiple coupons. So since you're buying one lipstick and you have two coupons, you must also purchase a "filler" item like a pencil, a piece of candy, or basically the cheapest items possible (anything under $1 is the goal).

So really, the extra 15% off for the Friends & Family sale is best if you're making a larger purchase, but I just wanted to give you an idea about how to use the F&F coupon in conjunction with a manufacturer's coupon AND a sale.

Also, if you're planning on making on online purchase, remember that Walgreens is one of the few online retailers that carries Black Radiance (owned by Markwins, makers of Wet n Wild). They have some AWESOME products, many of which I've reviewed on this blog. Their Complexion Perfection Shine Control Primer is my holy grail face primer since it works so beautifully with my oily skin, and I also love their Ice Angel lipglosses, creme eyeliner and eyeshadows.

Do you plan on taking advantage of the F&F sale today? Or maybe you already did? I'd love to hear what you bought!
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. If you hand over the 15% coupon FIRST, you'll actually save even more...$3.50 minus 15% is about $2.98, minus a $1 coupon brings your total below $2.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was one of the ones that didn't know about today's sale. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's what I went for.. the rimmel! I got the sun light bronzer that I've been wanting to try out for a while for 1.46!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm actually pissed about this. The register guy didn't scan it first, and then deleted everything and tried again and it wouldn't go through. I had three items, two of which had coupons, so wtf? He wouldn't call a manager, he wouldn't manually mess with it, he just kept acting like "well it won't scan?"....ugh... i *hate* inept people. I get that you're just a cashier and don't expect much of yourself or the job, but c'mon, you could at least try a *little*. I've been a cashier before and I would never just let a customer walk away without using a coupon *from the very store's website!!* and just be apathetic about it. Ugh... I didn't press the issue because I was in a hurry....but that was *really* annoying. That coupon was only good today and I printed it *directly* from Walgreen's website.

    Hope the rest of you guys did well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Zombii, I would try contacting Walgreens about that. First, try calling the store you went to and talk to the manager, mentioning what time you were there. You can try sending an e-mail to their site too.

    Did you end up buying the stuff anyway? I know if I'd been in your spot, I might have left the things & walked out, taking the coupons with me. Then I'd mention to the manager that they lost a sale because of the cashier. If I had bought everything, I might actually return them unused, just to get my point across more. "Not only am I not happy about your service, I don't want you to have my money from the transaction."

    As for me, the nearest Walgreens is about 20 minutes away & not convenient to get to. I wish their site carried the same awesome stuff that they have in the stores.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Zombii,

    I also hit a glitch last night when the Walgreens cashier scanned one of my items before she processed my coupon. Luckily, another cashier offered to ring me up, and for some reason, with this promotion, it was required that the coupon was scanned first before any items. I received 15% off each item (I bought one of the new Milani baked blushes -- normally $7.49 --a Softsoap Coconut Body Butter Scrub that was already on sale for $2.99 and two Sinful Colors polishes), so I thought that was a very good deal. I then went to another Walgreens and picked up another Milani baked blush that wasn't available at the first store and received another 15% off.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig