Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Saturday, March 12, 2011

Odds 'n' Ends


I've got some interesting little tidbits to share with you in this edition of Odds 'n' Ends, so let's get right to it:
  • If you got swept up in the Revlon Perplex polish craze a while back, there's a NEW LE polish from Revlon on the way, and it looks to be another dupe! Check out Beauty & Soul's post here for details.
  • Speaking of polish, there's another NEW Sinful Colors shade on the loose (click here to see the ones I mentioned earlier). This one's a pretty blue called Fly Away. Check out Nightly Nail's post here for swatches! I really wish Sinful Colors would make a counter display that featured ALL of their newest shades, instead of introducing them randomly (and sometimes just putting them in the core collection racks without any introduction).
  • Thanks to my wonderful reader Sabrina for the heads-up that LORAC is going to be on Haute Look THIS MONDAY, 3/14! LORAC is one of my favorite higher-end beauty brands, so I'm very excited to see what they have to offer. Be sure to log onto Haute Look bright and early on Monday before everything sells out!
  • Cherry Culture fans, don't forget that the March Madness Sale is going on RIGHT NOW (20% off everything on the site!). I'd hurry if you want anything because I know things tend to go out of stock quickly when they run these sales.
  • I've been receiving some comments and emails regarding an issue with the new Suave Dry Shampoo I reviewed a while back, so I wanted to take a second to address this. Some of you have said that the can worked fine the first few times you used it, and then when you went back to use it again, you found that the can was completely empty. Although this has not personally happened to me, I let my contact at Suave know of your concerns, and I have this message I wanted to share with you:
Users should be sure to shake well before each spray and fully press down the dispenser when applying. We are also directing people with further questions to contact Customer Service here: http://bit.ly/fyHxvq.

Thanks for reading!
SHARE:

11 comments

  1. I ended up stocking up majorly on Perplex after finding it at a Big Lots. It may be too late now but it might be possible to find it there still. They were only a buck each!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had an issue with Bed Head dry shampoo once & I think it was because I didn't shake the can well enough prior to use. Now I'm always very careful. Suave is cheap but losing the expensive Bed Head stuff really hurt me lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Samantha, I had the same problem with Bed Head dry shampoo. Luckily I got it on promo at Ulta but I was grr'd to use it 3-4 times then nothing. I'm still lemming the Suave dry shampoo. Perhaps a nicer/bigger Target will have it!

    Oh, if anyone wants a Revlon Perplex please let me know at kittenpoker@gmail.com. I used it once and wasn't impressed. It chipped after a day and my work friend said it looked awful on me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omg the same thing happened with my Suave DS and i thought it was just me..I'll drop Suave a line.

    ReplyDelete
  5. G! I'm not sure if you know this or that it really matters, but Essie's Turquoise & Caicos totally looks like a dupe of China Glaze's For Audrey!
    This is my first dupe ever, so I'm pretty excited.
    (:

    ReplyDelete
  6. that is so strange about the Suave dry shampoo. I NEVER shake mine and it's worked perfectly fine. How odd.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lindsay: Thanks for the reminder! I had heard several reports of people getting this for $1 at Big Lots, and I kept meaning to post something about it. :)

    Samantha: Awww, I'm so sorry to hear that! I wonder if there may be be pinhole leaks in these bottles or something?

    Hermione: I'm so sorry Perplex didn't work for you, but what a generous offer! :)

    Lisa: Please keep me posted on how that turns out, ok? Thanks!!

    Hannaxtherine: Oooh, thanks for the dupe alert!! :)

    Susie: Yeah, mine hasn't done this either, thankfully!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok, looks like Revlon has another Chanel dupe! I hope I can find this one! I went NUTS looking for the Perplexed before Christmas! Ended up buying the Paradoxl and then a week later finding Perplexed at Big Lots for $1. LOL... sad but true. Does anyone remember when Vamp came out and Revlon duped it with Vixen? I wonder if thats the 1st polish dupe ever?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just had this issue with the Suave dry shampoo happen to me today. The can feels empty and when I spray nothing is coming out. I shook and shook and shook and fully pressed dispenser and nothing. Its sad because I really liked this product

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE the Suave Dry Shampoo...but like the others, I used it once, came back the next day...almost empty.

    I bought PSSSSSST a few weeks ago, used that once and it was completely empty!

    Seems kind of odd to be a coincidence. I loved the Suave one so much that I will probably try again though.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig