Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Monday, March 21, 2011

CVS and Rite Aid Clearance deals!

When will these clearance sales end? I hope the answer is NEVER! Last weekend, thanks to reports from several of you wonderful ladies, I headed out to some CVS and Rite Aid locations in search of end-cap clearance bins.

I'm pleased to tell you that several of the items from the CVS beauty clearance sale are still available in plastic bins, and not just in San Diego! Many of you have reported seeing clearance bins of makeup and nail polish in your areas too!

And it's not JUST the beauty clearance sale items (you know, the ones we all probably have memorized at this point like the Sally Hansen Carmindy stuff, Physicians Formula Mineral Wear stuff, etc.) but I also spotted some limited edition goodies too! In fact, I was pretty upset to find the limited edition Borghese polish shades Limoncello and Pistachio, which I paid nearly full price for when they first released, for just $1.00 each! 

Here's what I got at CVS:

Left to right:
Prestige Liquid Glitter Precision Eye Liner in Meteor: $1.57
Prestige Total Intensity Long Lasting Eyeliner in Fierce Blue: $1.57
Revlon Nail Polish in Tropical Temptation: $1.00
Sally Hansen Diamond 12-hour Lip Treatment in Flawless: $1.82

And it gets even better, because I had a $1 Revlon coupon from the paper a few weeks ago, which means I got Tropical Temptation for FREE!

I actually got the polish and the lipgloss for my mom, because she loves anything in coral, but the liners are for me. I'm always on the hunt for good gray or silver liners, and Meteor is a great smoky gray with fine silver microglitter. Love it.

And the BEST deal of the bunch was definitely that Prestige Total Intensity Eyeliner. When these first came out a few years ago, I talked about them a LOT on this blog. They're as good as UD 24/7 liners to me (some even perform better than my UD liners). I believe these were the FIRST drugstore liners to dupe the UD liners (they came out before the L'Oreal HiP, Milani and CoverGirl versions) and I'm kind of bummed that more people don't talk about them because I think they're just fantastic. They're normally around $7, so to get one for $1? That's crazy! If I were you, I'd run out to CVS as soon as possible and see if you can spot these on clearance. They're worth the hunt!

At Rite Aid, I was in utter SHOCK to see bins full of limited edition products from 2010, all slashed to 50-75% off. I spotted those limited edition L'Oreal HiP duos we were all going crazy for last year, the LE sparkly Lash Stiletto mascaras, and TONS of limited edition Maybelline ColorSensational glosses and lipsticks for $2 each. Heck, I even spotted a Demeter Vanilla Cake Batter edt, which normally retails for $15, on clearance for just $4 (I would have snatched that up in heartbeat but I already own it).

So the moral of this story is, get to CVS and Rite Aid as soon as you can and look for clearance bins on the end-caps of EVERY aisle in the store. These clearance bins aren't always in the beauty department--I found some of them over in the household cleaning supplies aisle, so you never know!

Have you found any great clearance deals at your local CVS or Rite Aid locations lately? I 'd love to hear from you! And thanks again to everyone who gave me the heads-up about these deals. You are THE BEST!
SHARE:

17 comments

  1. Now I really want to try those Prestige eyeliners. Because if G says something is good, giiiiirl you know is must be FAB! Seriously though, I always overlook Prestige because I never really hear anything about it. I won't be making that mistake any more!

    Also, I completely skipped over the Rite Aid part because i didn't want to get depressed. I hate you Rite Aid! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Which CVS stores in San Diego have these bins?! I've been to 3 or 4 different ones with no luck ): lol. I'll definitely have to check out Rite Aid! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. at the end of the aisles? hmmm ive never seen the clearance bins before. i must ask the SA when i go tomm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sigh. I have already bought 23 bottles of nail polish and a bunch of other make-up, and you're just feeding my addiction, G! Now, I just HAVE to go out and look again! When I picked up 3 of the WnW 6-pan palettes, I went back 2 days later and to my surprise, practically everything was gone! I think I've hauled enough though from that CVS though. :) I went to another CVS and all of their WnW was almost gone already, so they didn't do any markdowns. From all the CVS's I've gone to so far, all of the clearance make-up from the list you created were removed though. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't seen a thing here in Buffalo NY, although I haven't traveled out to the suburbs of the city so they might be there. I really want to try those prestige liners. But I promised myself a no buying unless I really need it or its a really good deal. I'm so jealous but at least I get to live vicariously through you. Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i wish we have cvs and rite aid hre -_-

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I didn't see this... 'cause now I want to go and hunt for them! lol. I've been wondering about the prestige eyeliner. Actually, I think I tried it before. Everything smudge on me, even when I set is so I quit on eyeliners for now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wooo! thanks for the update!
    Do you need a Rite Aid card (I don't know what it's called, ha) to get these items on sale?

    ReplyDelete
  9. CVS has stuff on clearance again? Wow.
    I really want to check out the clearance at Rite Aid but my store hasn't put theirs out yet if they're going to have it

    ReplyDelete
  10. i hit up my closest CVS here in the DC area, and i didnt see any clearance bins. i did however see a random clearance table that was mainly bath gels (not sure of the brand). they did also have gift sets of 8 mini Wet-n-Wild nail polishes and another brand of makeup -- normally $5 that i got for half price, so i picked up one of each.

    ReplyDelete
  11. In case it will help you spot the clearance section in CVS... In the three that I've checked out, there seem to be piles of round brushes on clearance, too. So if you spot a pile of hairbrushes, look underneath! :-)

    And it seems that each CVS is putting things out on their own schedule. I went to one last night where the super deals I found at another CVS the day before were still regular price. (And these were nearly full LE displays, so I don't think many makeup lovers shop there!)

    The clearance items I got over the weekend were rung in manually by the sales associate rather than scanned, and the full price stuff I found last night scanned at full price when I checked. So I don't think you can rely on that scanner machine thingie, unfortunately. It appears that we have to wait for the store to get around to stickering things.

    ReplyDelete
  12. ok! i am sold...another trip to CVS is in order. only one in my area and its 20 minutes away, but who knows, i may find something good. i generally wont buy from the bins even if its really cheap if the packaging is all beat up and dirty/sticky. I really get grossed out by that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well, timing is everything! The other two CVS stores I tried today had nothing. Apparently, the cosmetic aisle resets are done by a traveling team, and those stores were redone up to a month ago. So no cool clearance remnants there at all.

    Which means I have to revisit the place I made my initial lucky find, to see what I may have missed.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The only bin I found had some wnw palettes, mascara and some revlon nail polishes for 0.99-1.99. I only got one bottle of polish, and ended up getting three Garnier products cause they were on sale for 5, 5 and 10. Also, CVS is giving 5 eb if you purchase 15 dollars of Garnier products, so essentially I got the UV lotion for free :D I wish my local CVS has the prestige liner though, they're always out!

    ReplyDelete
  15. i dont think my CVS crries prestige liners. I have the fierce blue but would like to try the black. Ill have to wait for another sale at rite aid.

    ReplyDelete
  16. i went to cvs today, but they didnt have any clearance bins. booo!! so bummed out. will try rite aid next...

    ReplyDelete
  17. my CVS had a ton of clearance BUT what they did was reprice all the 75% off things from the beauty clearance to 50% off and marked them with the grren tags in your picture .Some of the green tags were placed right on top of the 75% off orange stickers sneaky sneaky.I did find the new Loreal la rouge color 227 a pretty rose color on sale in the bins which I thought was CRAZY since they just came out.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig