Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Spotted: New Neutrogena Healthy Skin Compact Makeup SPF 55

A huge thanks to my lovely reader Lexi for this sighting!

image credit: Lexi for Nouveau Cheap
Neutrogena Healthy Skin Compact Makeup SPF 55
(retail: $13.99 at Walgreens)

image credit: Lexi for Nouveau Cheap

I LOVE that drugstore foundations seem to be really increasing the SPF these days (my beloved Physicians Formula powder foundation is SPF 50) but one thing I'm really sad about is the limited shade selection. I hope these six shades are not all they have to offer when this moves to the core collection wall display.

Also, I'm curious if this is a cream-to-powder foundation. I think since it says "makuep" and not "powder foundation" it's safe to assume it's a creamy formula, but if you've tried this personally, please leave a comment to confirm!

Are you interested in trying this new foundation offering from Neutrogena? I'd love to hear from you!

And thanks again, Lexi, for the scoop!
SHARE:

7 comments

  1. I hope they have # 60! (natural beige) I love the liquid and the powder version of this line, and would love to use a creamier version during the winter months.

    ReplyDelete
  2. JoElla, I think I see #60 in the upper right corner of this display! Whoo hoo! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's creamy. It reminds me of Maybelline's Dream Smooth makeup.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am kind of curious to level of coverage... i really love SPF in my make up and dont really require alot of coverage unless its for night time looks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I currently use the Neutrogena Mineral Foundation powder with SPF. I wonder if this one will be just as good.
    I'm always on the lookout for foundations and powders with SPF. Thanks for the post!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd really love to try this! :) The shade selection is really disappointing though, so many skintones (for example dark skinned ladies) are left out :/

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw a display of this but the colors were so strange. The only yellow based one was the lightest, Ivory color. I'm usually the 3rd to 4th color in foundations and the lightest one looked the closest to my skin tone. All the other colors looked so deep and so peachy. I thought maybe it was the light, but I put my Simply Ageless in Classic Beige right next to the Nude color in that, and the Neutrogena was deeper and much too orangy.

    I happened to in the store the next day, and no one had bought anything from the display. It also has the usual not great for you chemical sunscreen ingredients, while the Simply Ageless sunscreen is titanium dioxide. I think I will stick with that.

    I don't know what Neutrogena was thinking with these colors. They are totally off, too deep and too pinky-peach!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig