Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Friday, November 12, 2010

Spotted: new Wet n Wild kits and LA Splash nail glitters

A HUGE thanks to the lovely Kimberly from Libby's Pink Vanity for these awesome pics! She spotted these new Wet n Wild kits, as well as a new product from LA Splash, at Wags the other day and was kind enough to send some pics my way. I am so grateful because some of you have been talking about these new WnW kits but I had no idea what they looked like until now:

image credit: Kimberly for Nouveau Cheap
Wet n Wild Dawn to Dusk Kits (retail: $4.99)
Left: Daytime kit, Right: Date-Night kit

It looks like these comes with the same size eyeshadow trios as the ones that are in the Wet n Wild traincase that everyone's been spotting at CVS lately. There are also three liners in this kit, and a gloss, but I believe that there are no new shades here--just core collection colors. Still a good deal for five bucks, I think.

image credit: Kimberly for Nouveau Cheap
LA Splash Nail Art Glitter (retail: $3.99)

If you enlarge this image, you'll see that there are directions on the display. This sound really fun, but my one concern is that it tells you to paint your nail, then brush on the glitter. Well, it doesn't look like there's a brush that comes with these glitters (I could be wrong!) and I wouldn't want to use my regular nail polish brush and then put glitter back into my nail polish. So...I guess you'd have to get a dedicated brush for these? Any ideas?

Oh, and I also want to mention that my lovely reader Clementine just posted some very interesting pics  the other day. Remember the 2009 Wet n Wild LE holiday kits? Well, apparently she spotted them THIS year, at her local CVS! So if you missed them last year, you know never! They might just show up at your drugstores again this year!

Another huge thanks to Kimberly for the great images!

SHARE:

7 comments

  1. Ohh the nail glitters look pretty! I wonder if they'd be good for frankening with? Hmm. Thanks for this great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The WnW kits look cute but they have the same trios as the train case -- Sweet As Candy and Don't Steal My Thunder. I saw those two trios carded (separately) at Big Lots! the other day. I'd rather have a mini mascara than the white pencil though. Anyway, if you want to apply glitter, put a top coat of Wet n Wild Kaleidoscope over your mani. Glitter magic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Dear! I was fortunate to get these photos but need to do better next time. I was fussing with trying not to get so much reflection in the plastic. So these look way better in person. Since I don't have these, I went for the Sweet as Candy.

    Oh, Roseanne! Now you have me wanting to go back into Big Lots. They haven't had anything good in eons. Might just have to see if they have WnW there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just FYI, the LA Splash glitters aren't new...but they are pretty awesome! I got a bunch at Ulta a few months ago and I love them! I don't know if they can be used for frankening; I put a layer of clear over my polish, give it a few seconds to get a bit tacky, then use a small, dry paintbrush to sprinkle the glitter on top. I've tried sort of flicking it, but if you do that you only get the smallest glitter pieces (not the pretty iridescent ones) to transfer. Here's a sloppy, pre-cleanup pic of Trickery: http://twitpic.com/2ar5nf

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish they had just gotten the LASplash nail polishes, most of those are chunky glitter in translucent jelly so you could use them as top coats for the same effect and much less trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh thanks for the heads up! For 3+ bucks I'll give it a whirl =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cynthia: That's a great idea! Let me know if it works (if you get any)! Thanks. :)

    Rosanne: Wow, I'm so surprised to see you back here, given your last words to me in that "other" post! I'm happy to know we can get past that. As for the WnW trios, yep, I mentioned that they seem to be the same as the ones in the traincases, but good to know they're at Big Lots too. I haven't been to BL in a while--I'm very overdue for a trip, apparently!

    Kimberly: Oh hun, you did a GREAT job! Don't be hard on yourself--these pics were SO helpful! xo

    plumsiren: WOW!! That is gorgeous, hun! And thanks for the good info!

    Donna: Yeah, well considering my Wags never gets ANY LA Splash stuff, I'd be happy just with these glitters! ha!

    JoElla: You're so welcome, sweetie!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig