Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Results of my review poll and a new poll!

For the past several months, I've been trying to use the polls on my blog (located on my bottom bar at the bottom of this page) to help me better understand your needs and how I can improve Nouveau Cheap. For the past month or so, I had a poll going that was designed to determine how helpful my products reviews are to you. This poll is now closed, and a new poll is up (which I will talk about in a minute) but let's take a look at the review poll results.

Here were the options, followed by the amount of votes each option received. There were a total of 163 votes (thanks to every one of you who voted!) and here's how you voted:

Several products I own and enjoy were purchased based on your reviews
67 votes

A few products I own and enjoy were purchased based on your reviews
41 votes

I've purchased several products based on your reviews but they didn't meet my expectations
0 votes

I've purchased a few products based on your reviews but they didn't meet my expectations
3 votes

I've purchased products based on your reviews and some have worked while others haven't
9 votes

I have never purchased a product based on your reviews
6 votes

All I have to say is, WHEW! Thank goodness I didn't receive a ton of votes for the answer: "I've purchased several products based on your reviews but they didn't meet my expectations". I would feel just awful knowing that you spent a lot of money on products and they ALL let you down.

I want to be clear that I didn't create this poll out of vanity. I did it because I honestly wanted feedback as to the helpfulness of my reviews. If I HAD received an overwhelming response indicating that my reviews constantly let you down, then I'd know that maybe product reviews aren't my thing, and I should focus on other types of posts.

The results I received were extremely helpful to let me know, unscientifically, that I'm on the right track, but there is clearly room for improvement. So thank you, thank you, thank you to those of you who took the time to vote!

Now, on the new poll (which is now active on the right-hand side of my bottom bar). I want to know your PRIMARY go-to drugstore. I realize that most of us shop at a variety of drugstores, but at the same time, I think that we all prefer one particular drugstore chain a little bit more (I understand that this preference may be based on availability, convenience, proximity, membership incentives, lower prices, etc.).

What I'm interested in knowing is the drugstore you shop at the MOST. I think knowing this will enable me to make better choices as to the content I feature on this blog. For instance, if only a very small percentage of you shop at Walgreens, I'll probably pull back on Walgreens-oriented posts (that's just an example).

So thank you in advance for taking the time to vote on my new poll (again, it's at the bottom of this page on the lower right side of my bottom bar).
SHARE:

9 comments

  1. Oh G. You are so sweet. I almost feel BAD that you feel so obligated to blog about stuff *for* us instead of just blogging about whatever you like. Honest, you're doing a great job already, and you don't need to change a thing!

    For the record, I have Rite Aid, Walgreens and CVS all within close proximity and I shop at all of them when time and finances permit :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Because of your nail polish reviews.I have now stopped biting my nails. Bit them all my life and went on a nail polish shoppiong spree recently. I think you are awesome.

    P.S. I have all the drugstores near me. CVS, RiteAid, Walgreens.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I shop them all equally, but I actually BUY more at Rite Aid, since they usually have the best deals in my area.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are no RiteAids near me, so I'm always jealous when the best sales are there. I'm torn between CVS and Walgreens. There's a good Wags on the way to my parent's house and I used to go there all the time, but the CVS is closer to my house now and often has better deals.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all your post and think that you should blog about things YOU love! Your posts are fun and articulate and a welcome break to think about something light hearted in a tough job! Keep up the good work1

    ReplyDelete
  6. RFC: Aww, thank you so much, honey! But believe me, I *always* blog about things I love--it's just that if my reviews don't actually help people, there's little point in doing them! Also, I would hate to keep blogging about a drugstore that barely any of you frequent, so that's why I am hoping to get a bit more info from all of you regarding your favorites. Does that make sense? Anyway, thanks SO much for the kind words! xo

    organizingwithoutlimits: OMG! Are you serious??? That is wonderful!!! I'm sooo glad I could help! You totally made my day. :)

    clementine: I think I might have to agree with you there! Rite Aid's deals just cannot be beat. :)

    Leah: Thanks so much for your input! Good to know. :)

    robin: Awww, thank you, sweetie! I definitely will continue to blog about the things I personally love, but it's always great to know what YOU love too. :) And it really means a lot to me that you'd say my blog is a nice diversion from a tough job. Thank you so much for that. xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. In the new poll, I voted Walgreens, but that's not out of choice-- rather it's because Walgreens has a bizarre drugstore monopoly in my town. I read somewhere that there are 15 of them (city of 200k). I *wish* I could be shopping at CVS and RiteAid as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. for me, CVS has the newest items (and best stock range) and Rite Aid has the best specials (but my RA is poorly stocked and hardly ever has LE displays). there isn't a Wags directly near my home or work but they are here, i just have to make special trips for them.

    on that note, i picked up the Bodycology Nourishing bodywash you reviewed a while back and i ADORE it! (usually i don't use sugary-smelling bodywashes but this one is insane). i'm blasting right through the bottle too, i just can't help using a handful or two every morning. :)

    off the top of my head, i've bought at least a dozen things you've reviewed or recommended, and so far, only one of them has been an unexpected flop, but that's because a) it's mascara (Colossal) and b) the smell is SO bad (not your fault). performance is middle of the road for me. but anyways, it's not like an absolute hatred for the product.

    you rock my world, and i often buy items you've reviewed or rec'd for my friends too (or to add to care packages). <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. I used to LOVE CVS because they had the best BOGOF sales, recently this year though... I've been liking Rite Aid much more

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig