Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Saturday, August 14, 2010

LA Colors Radiation & Sally Hansen Sunflower (it's a Chargers mani!)

Today is nail day here on Nouveau Cheap! I'm bringing you nothing but nail-related posts all day, so I hope you're in the mood to look at some pretty colors!

To start things off, I decided to do a little hometown tribute and do a San Diego Charger-themed mani the other day. I'm actually not even a big football fan, but I've always loved Chargers colors--especially the old-school baby blue and yellow combo. So that's where I got the inspiration for this one:

L.A. Colors Color Craze in Radiation and
Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in Sunflower


I chose these two colors because I thought they complemented each other quite well. There's a flash of greenish-yellow in Radiation which sort of plays off the bright, playful yellow of Sunflower. Both pictures were taken after two coats of each color with Orly Bonder as the base coat and Sally Hansen Mega Shine as the top coat.

I purchased Radiation at Dollar Tree during that big haul I talked about here. And of course I purchased Sunflower on clearance (it was part of the Sally Hansen Limited Edition display with Hidden Treasure) at Rite Aid.

Can you believe that Sunflower is my very first yellow (well, at least that I can remember)? I've been so scared of yellows since I always hear how streaky and awful they are apply. I was actually very happy to see that Sunflower applied smoothly and it wasn't too streaky after the second coat. Yay for nice yellows!

So what do you think? Did I represent SD alright with this paring? It's definitely not an everyday combo, but I think for game day it might be kind of fun.
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. LOVE the colors! Thanks for sharing. :O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG that's gorgeous! Are you doing that "blackberry manicure"? The one with the different colors on ring finger and thumb? I heard that was supposed to be really popular.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! I like the color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man, I NEED Sunflower... Can anyone think of a drugstore polish like it that is still out? Pleeeeaasse?

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig