Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Saturday, March 27, 2010

Spotted at Rite Aid: New Revlon and Sally Hansen Polishes and more!

I finally feel like myself again and what do I do? Take a quick trip to my favorite Rite Aid to see what's new and interesting, of course!

And if you're a fellow nail polish fanatic, then you know I was absolutely delighted to finally spot the new scented Revlon polishes that everyone's been talking about lately. I looooved the last collection of scented polishes (for those of you who haven't tried them, they really do smell like their names BUT you have to wait until the polish is completely dry before the scent comes through) and this new collection certainly doesn't disappoint:

Revlon Scents of Summer scented nail polish collection

From L to R: Beach, Ocean Breeze, Peach Smoothie, Orange Pop, Gum Drop, Grape Icy, Cotton Candy, Bubble Gum


Am I the only one who's freaking out here? Ocean Breeze is an unbelievably stunning teal shimmer (just look at it on Halle, for heaven's sake), and you KNOW I am a sucker for pale lilac cremes, so Gum Drop has my name written ALL over it. Also, I am burning with curiosity to know what Beach and Ocean Breeze will smell like! Do any of you already own these? If so, please leave a comment and fill us in!

And what you can't see in these pics in the true gorgeousness of Peach Smoothie. From far away, it looks like a plain little peach creme. But nooooo! Up close, this is a soft peach with teeny tiny flecks of gold running through it. It is GORGEOUS in person, I promise!

I could have left Rite Aid totally fulfilled with this drugstore sighting after spotting these new Revlons, but then I turned the corner and saw this:

New Sally Hansen Limited Edition Insta-Dri Nail Colors

From L to R: Blue Blast, Sea Breeze, Spring Green, Expres-so Yellow, Mango Motion, Pronto Petal, Rose Rush, (not pictured) Urgent Orchid


OK so first of all, I'm not even a big fan of the Insta-Dri formula (on me, these babies tend to peel off my nails rather quickly) but that doesn't matter because these colors have totally sucked me in. They are so much more lovely in person--the best way I can describe them is to say that they're "muted neon cremes". It's as if a collection of pastels met a collection of neons and they had babies. That's exactly what these colors look like to me. Take for instance the blue, teal and green shades on the left. Those look pretty standard from far away, but when you see you them up close, you begin to realize that there's something different and interesting about them. It's not just a basic lime green creme--it's got a muted, unique quality to it that sets it apart from the standard crop of lime green shades you see these days. I don't know...you just have to see these in person to fully appreciate them!

And I can only imagine what Urgent Orchid looks like...I bet it is gorgeous and I'm so bummed that I didn't get a chance to spot it before some lucky shoppers ended up taking that shade home with them!

Whew! I'm in new-polish-overload right now, so let me change gears and show you the new Prestige Summer 2010 bronzers that I mentioned a little while ago:

Prestige Limited Edition Radiant Summer Collection

Some of you might remember that my contact at Prestige gave me the heads-up about these, and I've been waiting patiently to see them in stores ever since. I ran across this display at Rite Aid and as you can see, there are two different bronzers (one is a traditional baked bronzer with gold veining and the other is more of a "shimmer strip" type of bronzer). Each compact comes with a free lipgloss!

And finally, I want to let you know that I spotted a TON of products on clearance at my Rite Aid, including ALL of the NYC mineral products (75% off) and the NYC Lip Slider Tins (all shades, 75% off). I'm not stating this as fact, but I know I've seen the NYC mineral stuff show up at Dollar Tree as well, so I think they might be discontinuing this line. And since all the lip tins are currently on clearance, I would snatch those up ASAP if you like them, because they may also be going bye-bye. I believe these retail for $1.99 as it is, so you'll be getting them for 50 cents if you take advantage of this clearance sale!

Also, I spotted a TON of Prestige stuff on clearance in the permanent display (ALL lipsticks and eyeshadow palettes, and select eyeshadows singles) They were all 75% off, so it looks like those products maybe going bye-bye as well.

If you're an NYC or Prestige fan, get yourself over to Rite Aid as soon as you can and see what you can find!

That's it for now, but as always, I'd love to hear your thoughts (and if you've tried any of these new polishes, please let me know what you think of them!).
SHARE:

17 comments

  1. darn, why does revlon do that to me and leaving the european girls behind :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I own gum drop and peach smoothie revlon polishes, and they are awesome and smell good even through a top coat! here is my post that includes them:
    http://poorcollegestudent-poorcollegestudent.blogspot.com/2010/03/maybelline-sweet-thing.html

    it also includes the maybelline sweet thing collection. I saw those new prestige bronzers at my rite aid too! I've been spending too much on bronzer lately. Good info about the clearance, definitely going to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. According to MUA Nail Board chatter, Beach smells like "salt water and suntan lotion" and Ocean Breeze smells like "air freshener ocean." Another NBer commented that both smell like men's cologne to her. She did a very helpful Skittles mani on both hands with all of the new Revlon scented polishes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. amusedPolish: Awww, I'm so sorry to hear these haven't made their way to Europe. Hopefully they'll eventually get there, or maybe you'll see them on ebay? :)

    PCS: Hi honey! I'll definitely check out your post because I am soooo tempted to get those two exact shades! And let me know if you spot any of those clearance deals at your Rite Aid, ok? :)

    Justine: Oh, thanks so much for the tip! I had a feeling that Beach might smell like that (sounds fun!) but I'm kind of bummed about Ocean Breeze. I don't care for air freshener ocean scent...that sux! Thanks so much for taking the time to fill us in! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, so the Revlons are new! I saw a display at a Walgreens a while back (the same one where I saw the SH Classics collection, and I still have not managed to get back to that store), but I wasn't sure if it was new or not; it looks like that particular Walgreens mixed some of last year's scented polishes in with the new collection. But on the bright side, if they still had some left over from last year, who knows what else will turn up? All the Walgreens in my area just now put out the Fall 2009 SH Tracy Reece collection at full price (yes... two seasons late and at full pricce), so there's always hope a rarity will turn up
    My local Kmart has the new SH display up, and if I recall correctly, Urgent Orchid is a pastel purple creme similar to Maybelline Goody Gum Drop, but a little lighter and warmer in shade. (I can never accurately tell what a color looks like in store lighting, anyhow, so I'm most likely wrong.). The display at KMart has a $1.00 off coupon for SH lip treatments attached, same as the Rite-Aid display. I want that entire SH collection... ah, if I only had the money :)

    ninarapoll@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like I might be making a trip to Rite aid when the store opens. haha. I want to check out the scented nailpolishes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. those sally nail polishes look so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Alexandra: It's absolutely bizarre to me how some retailers will hold on to displays and not put them out until way after the fact. From what I've heard, manufacturers tend to ship these promotions out to all retailers at the same time, and then it's up to them as to when they're going to put them on store shelves. I've seen some L'Oreal displays that were released last summer that are just now making their appearance at certain stores. But that Fall '09 SH display REALLY takes the cake! Oh well...I guess it's a good thing if you missed it the first time around, right? :)

    Kimberly: lol! I am such a sucker for these too! :)

    Joyce: They are even prettier in person, I tell ya! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. R, just in case you haven't seen these swatches http://www.body-soulbeauty.com/2010/03/revlon-scents-of-summer5-swatches.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you SO much, H! Wow, I had no idea Ocean Breeze would be so metallic-y! I love it. Also, what a bummer about the formula on Peach Smoothie. I think I will end up skipping that one. But Cotton Candy looks so lovely...I would have passed on this one at first but now I think I need it. lol. So thanks for totally enabling me! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Recessionista!: The absolutely hilarious thing is I won a bottle of Opulent Cloud in a contest a few months back and wore the heck out of it after winning it :) I saw the rest of the collection last year at all three major pharmacy chains when visiting in-laws in southern NY, but held off on buying the other polishes and the lipglosses (I'll buy them all here soon)... now that I think about it, less than a month ago I saw the Fall '09 collection at a Rite-Aid about 90 minutes away from where I live (and that display was a brand-new display, I saw them put it out while I was there), so maybe it's just the way product gets distributed where I live? Ah, the vagaries of retail :)

    ninarapoll@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh shoot, that reminds me, the original reason I was going to post is that I've noticed several Targets and one ULTA I've visited had the NYC lip tin sliders on clearance also, so I think those are indeed discontinued.
    CVS this week (3/28 -- 4/3) has all Maybelline foundation/concealer/powder/blush 40% off, Revlon BOGO, L'Oreal eye cosmetics $5.00, Neutrogena BOGO 1/2 off, and Sally Hansen BOGO 1/2 off.
    Walgreeens has pretty much all Sally Hansen BOGO 1/2 off, Neutrogena BOGO 1/2 off, L'Oreal Bare Natural foundation/concealer/powder/blush $9.99, Maybelline Eye Studio/Instant Age Rewind/Stilletto 40% off, and Studio 35 tools BOGO 1/2 off.
    CVS and Walgreens both have specials on Dove, I just don't remember what they are... and shoot, I tossed out the flyers already. I remember that Rite-Aid has a BOGO 1/2 off on Maybelline and Physician's Formula, but I think those are limited to foundations and blushes and lipstick. I'll leave it to others to find the details of those deals. ;)

    ninarapoll@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Alexandra: WOW! Thanks so much for all the great sale info going on this week! I'm sad to hear that it looks like those NYC lip tins are probably going bye-bye, so now's the time to stock up, if you like 'em. I think both CVS and Wags are running a 40% off Maybelline this week, so it's a great time to use one of those Eye Studio coupons if you've got 'em! Thanks again--this is SO helpful! :D

    Oh! And yes, it's so strange about those displays. I saw a brand new display of those SH polishes and glosses at Wags the other day and I thought, "Wow, if someone missed out on Opulent Cloud during all the buzz about it, they are going to be really happy to see this fully-stocked display!" lol.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Are the Revlon polishes only available at Rite Aid? I went to 2 CVS stores last night looking to get some on BOGO and use some CVS extrabucks and came up empty :(

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have the cherry red scented polish and I got it in a 2-pack from Big Lots for $2.00! I didn't even know about these until I saw them there. They only had the one shade to choose from (what girl can't do without another red polish?). I haven't used it on my nails yet, but my dogs have really been trying to lick my toes lately.

    ReplyDelete
  16. First, I've been following your blog just recently and I love that you review "budget friendly" products! I saw your Sally Hansen post and I went over to CVS today but they were out of Spring Green and Sea Breeze (the ones I really wanted!) but they did have Urgent Orchid. It really reminds me of the pastel lilac from the last collection. I have it already so I passed on that one.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Have you seen Revlon's spring collection anywhere? It looks adorable; I've been hitting up my local CVS's/Walgreens/Targets looking for it...I'm dying to get my hands on the lilac pastelle lipgloss and nail polish!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig