Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Saturday, February 6, 2010

Mr. Recessionista Strikes Again (well...kinda)

My sweetheart of a boyfriend was so overwhelmed by the positive response of his first and only review here on Nouveau Cheap (click here to see his Woody's Meat and Potatoes Soap review) that he felt compelled to write a message to all of you who enjoyed what he had to say. So please read on if you'd like to hear his response (it's pretty funny, if I do say so myself!):

Thank all of you for your kind comments on my Woody’s review. I was reluctant to get involved with my girlfriend’s blog, but after hearing that you enjoyed my review, I don’t feel so reluctant now. That doesn’t mean, however, that I will be doing another one soon. It really depends on what I’m reviewing.

Obviously, I REALLY have to like something to bother writing about it. Since there are not that many products out there for men that are worthwhile [his opinion, not mine. -R], it’s really difficult to get excited about a particular product. Yes, men also experience disappointment in this regard, perhaps more so than women, statistically speaking. This is an essential reason for why men don’t care so much. We simply find a way to function without them (products) because, in a very real sense, it doesn’t really matter to us.

We think about other things like “what’s the shortest way to get to work” or “how to blow up a snowman with a cannonball.” And since saving gas in our vehicles is practical and experiencing the sudden beheading of an inanimate object by a cannonball is AWESOME, our thinking about products – beyond the very barest of essentials – takes the back seat of a very large bus. BUT, if we come across a product that is practical, helpful, and enhances our experience, we’ll pay attention for about a minute or so. That minute is VERY CRUCIAL because that is how we decide things (it’s also why we mess things up so frequently). A minute is the maximum temporal extent of our decision-making process concerning certain things. And products are some of those things. But if we really take our time thinking about something, it means that we care deeply and what we are thinking about is important to us.

So, I will write a review sometime in the future, but it will have to be something that’s worth thinking about for more than a minute. This is why the Woody’s review was particularly important and why I really appreciate all your comments, you made it worthwhile.

Mr. Recessionista

So the next time you see a review on Nouveau Cheap that was written by Mr. Recessionista, you can be darn well sure that he had some very strong opinions on it! :) Thanks again for making his first review experience a great one, and hopefully we'll see another review from him in the very near future.
SHARE:

12 comments

  1. Keep the "Mr." reviews coming! I think they are great :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's really nice to be able to read some male views on products that works or not..

    i hope that mr.r would be able to make a review again

    have a great weekend,hun!
    ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...two people in one family with something to say, and a darned fine way of saying it! Yes, I read this blog for the information, but I ENJOY it for the entertainment value as well. Mr. R - don't take this the wrong way, but reading here is like sitting with the girls. Every great once in a while one of the guys winds up in the group, and we just love it when he does. Furthermore, we *do* appreciate that it's not entirely most men's cup of java, and yet you do it anyway. Just so we can enjoy it.

    Thanks Mr. R!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even though this wasn't a review, I still enjoyed reading this post a lot. The Mr really does has a knack for writing! very spot on with the blowing of snowmen's heads too. rather the blowing up of anything really...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - it is crazy to hear that men get disappointed with products too!! Can't wait for more reviews from you Mr. R :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. E: Why thank you (and Mr. R thanks you!) :D xo

    thiamere: You are just too sweet! Thanks so much for the comment, and I will definitely make sure he sees it. :) xo

    Denise: WOW! Your comment made us both grin for ear to ear. :) Thank you SO much! And I am just over the moon delighted that you come to my blog for entertainment as well as information. I never in a million years thought anyone would find my posts entertaining (aside from myself! Ha!) so I really cannot express how much your words mean to me. Thanks so much, and hopefully Mr. R will come back and crash the party again soon. xo

    Connie: OMG, you are so right! It's really a fascination with blowing up *anything*, isn't it? LOL! And thank you so much for the kind words about Mr. R's writing. I will definitely pass that along to him (and watch his chest puff up for a minute). LOL!! xo

    ndoodles: Yep, I know. It's hard to imagine, but they do get let down like we do! lol. Thank you so much, sweetie! I'll be sure to let him know! :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. My boyfriend uses the same shampoo (trader joe's nourishing spa) as Mr. Recessionista. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well hopefully some good men's products come around soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. PoorCollegeStudent: YAY!! That is awesome to hear! And I'm impressed that you remembered me saying that! There's something about that TJs shampoo that men go crazy for, huh? :)

    Giselle: You are too sweet! I will definitely let him know you said that. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this - so great and such a fun thing for you two!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gloria: I'm so glad you enjoyed this! And yes, I am actually surprised at how fun it is for us to do this together (well, more fun for me of course, but I think he's having a better time than he lets on.) lol!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your boyfriend is awesome! I really admire his guts-not many men would be brave enough to venture into "girl territory" (a.k.a. this blog) voluntarily, let alone write something for it! Also, his sense of humor is great; the snowman-cannonball thing sounds so true from a guy it made me laugh. Thanks, Mr. R!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig