Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Monday, February 1, 2010

Adventures in Etsy-land...

It's been a while since I've done an Adventures in Etsy-land post, but since I've gained some new readers since my last post, I thought I'd kick it up a notch and bring you some quite interesting beauty-related finds that I've spotted on Etsy.com over the past few weeks.


For those of you who aren't exactly sure what Etsy is about (aside from a great place to spend your entire paycheck) it's an online community of crafters, artisans, designers, vintage sellers, DIY'ers and others who sell their wares to the world. They've got everything from handmade bath and body products and makeup to clothing, handbags, art, food, ephemera, and just about anything that deserves the title "incredibly cute" that you could imagine.

That said, here are beauty-related products I've spotted on Etsy recently that I find either wacky, awe-inspiring, bizarre, hilarious or just plain cool.

Would you use a makeup bag that had the words "County Coroner" printed on the side? Sounds a bit morose to me but to each his/her own, I say. Sadly, I think I'm officially way too old to understand the coolness of this:

County Coroner Makeup Bag

For the dog lover in your life, allow me to introduce to you dental floss that looks like it's coming out of a dog's rear end:

Dog Butt Floss

For the gamer in your life, what about a bar of soap that looks exactly like an original Nintendo game controller (same exact size!) that smells like...wait for it...Mountain Dew!

NES Controller Soap in Mountain Dew

Have you heard of the exotic durian fruit? It's a very stinky yet delicious fruit that is native to Brunei, Indonesia and Malaysia. If you can't get your hands on durian but you still want your fix, consider this durian-flavored lip balm:

Sweet Durian Lip Balm

Feeling fancy today? Well maybe now's the time to express yourself with this fab chip bag head piece!

Crazy Chip Bag Head Piece

Everybody loves soap that's shaped like a human brain...especially when it smells like cotton candy.

Cotton Candy Brains Goat Milk Soap

I hope you enjoyed my latest installment of Adventures in Etsy-land, and feel free to tell me in the comments about the wonderful things you've discovered on Etsy lately!
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. etsy has been my guilty pleasure for buying jewelry lately. LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fashion Court: Glad to know I'm not alone in my Etsy obsession! And yes, the jewelry is FANTASTIC on Etsy! It's almost too easy to find something adorable (and inexpensive) there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My goodness - you can stand the smell of durian??? YUCK - can't eat it because I can't handle the smell!! Strangely - some people can (my aunt!). I still wonder if their noses aren't working properly... eh well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love etsy!! I think the Coroner bag is kinda cute! And I'm loving the brain soap! I'd totally use it! The Dog butt floss is gross though. And the chip bag hat... to quote a friend of mine "shake my head".

    Somewhere on etsy they also have an XBox 36O controller soap that smells like Mountain Dew. And Mountain Dew Shampoo even, and the packaging? Mountain Dew Bottle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ndoodles: lol! I usually have it when I'm at a local Vietnamese restaurant and maybe the do something when they prepare it because it really doesn't stick too much when I have it. lol!! :)

    Aedd: OMG, Mountain Dew shampoo in a Mountain Dew bottle? I kinda want that!! lol! I bought some candle tarts scented in Mountain Dew a while ago and I actually liked it when I could smell it throughout my house. It's kind of a cheery, bubble citrus scent when it's in candle form and quite nice! Great...now I need that darn shampoo! lol! I bet it would smell fantastic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL there is a site called regretsy.com that showcases all the unfortunate handmade items that people sell on that site. it is so hilarious!!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig