Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Thursday, January 14, 2010

Wet n Wild product update: You asked and I've got answers!



A few days ago after I broke the news about the new Wet n Wild 2010 makeover, several of you asked about the fate of some existing WnW products. I've spoken to my contact at WnW and I've compiled a list of everything I know so far (some of this info was mentioned in my previous post but I'd like to condense it into one complete list on this post). If you have any questions, as always, leave a comment and I'll do my best to get you answers!

Existing WnW products that will NOT be discontinued in the foreseeable future:

MegaEyes Creme Eyeliner
Craze Nail Polishes
IdolEyes Cream Pencils
Natural Wear line

Existing WnW products that WILL be discontinued in the foreseeable future:

Bronzzer Compacts

These will be replaced by the new ColorIcon Bronzers in "Princess" which is a light shade, and "Goddess" which is a dark/med shade. I've been told that the texture, blendability and staying power of the ColorIcon Bronzers are superior to the Bronzzer Compacts so if you're sad about losing Acapulco Glow, I don't think you'll be sad for long!

Silk Finish Blush Compacts

Don't worry--the new ColorIcon Blushers will feature the exact same shades and names as the Silk Finish Blushes (Pearlescent Pink, Heather Silk, Mellow Wine and Berry Shimmer) but the texture, blendability and staying power have all been improved. Yay!

Ultimate Expressions Palettes

Say bye-bye because these are going to be replaced by the new ColorIcon Eyeshadow Palettes, which look fabulous and contain six pans per palette (each palette has three matte shades and three highly-pigmented effects shades). I'll be reviewing these shortly so stay tuned.

MegaEyes Eyeshadow Pots

Adios, old friend. These are going to be replaced by the new ColorIcon Eyeshadow Singles which will feature seven shades and a formula that promises to be longwear and crease-resistant.

If you heart is breaking a tiny bit about the loss of these WnW products, I would strongly advise you to stock up now while you can. But don't be sad for long because, as you can see in the pic above, these new products look amazing and I'm sure we'll all find new favorites in no time. And of course please check back because I'll be reviewing several of these new products in the very near future! In the meantime, don't forget to check out my review of the brand spankin' new Wet n Wild MegaLast Lipsticks and Nail Colors here.
SHARE:

18 comments

  1. Glad to hear that the Craze Collection is staying. Any news on the Ultimate Brow Kit? This is one of my newly found loves...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy they aren't taking away my beloved Creme Eyeliner! Best stuff I've ever used.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad the cream liner will stay. Wonder if they'll have the those Silk Finish lipstick still in stock because those were what had me hooked to WnW, for $0.99 they are incredible pigmented, long lasting and superb. I even have backups in some color because I dnt ever wanna run out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, I guess I should pick up one of their famous palettes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mz. More: Good question! I'll try to find that out for you! :)

    Easy: Yep, me too. Whew! That liner ROCKS my world! lol. xo

    rayqueenbee: Another creme liner fan! Yay! I will try to find out about those lippies for you and keep you posted. :)

    Arezu: Yep, I think you should try to pick up at least one. I have all of them and also the limited edition ones from a few years ago and they are FANTASTIC. Highly pigmented and they are so soft and smooth. I'll miss 'em for sure, but I'm super excited about these new ones. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Luckly I already got the palette so... no worries. I haven't seen new WnW stuff at Walgreens yet. HOPE THEY COME SOON!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for getting the scoop for us!!

    I'm super psyched they're keeping their cream eyeliner!! It's a shame the e/s palettes are going along with the singles. But I have high hopes for the new palettes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the creme liner, so glad it's staying! I am one of those diehard Acapulco Glow fans...it's the only bronzer that looks natural on my super pale skin. I'm going to grab a couple at the store, just in case I don't like the new stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ndoodles: Yay! You're set! Now all you have to do is wait patiently and be excited for the new stuff. lol! xo

    mooosley: I agree--it's sad to see such great products go, but it's always fun to try new things and I too have a lot of hope for the new e/s line! :)

    ajoeynamedroo: It wouldn't hurt to stock up on AG, but I definitely would give the new bronzers a try when you see 'em! I have very high hopes for them. And of course I'd love to hear from you if/when you try the new ones--I'd love to hear how you think they compare to AG! xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness! When you say the Ultimate Expressions Palettes, do you mean the ones that come in "Sand Castle", "Fantasy Island", and "Paradise Cove"?? They are drugstore cult favorites! I have all of them and I reach for at least one every day. Perhaps I should consider stocking up on them now...

    ReplyDelete
  11. And any word on the tinted moisturizer? It is the BEST on the market imho....

    ReplyDelete
  12. Rita: Yep, I sure do. So stock up now, honey! Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but they are going bye-bye. But I'm keeping my fingers crossed that these new palettes are going to be awesome and will make us not miss the old ones too much. :)

    Greengirl: If you mean the color-adjusting ones, I think those are safe for now, but I'll try to double-check and get back to you (and I totally agree--they're awesome!). :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. well this sucks, I've just gotten hooked on them. Do you know if the new palettes will have any mirrors? That was one of my favorite things about it. I loved that you could get the eyeshadow and a large mirror. I used a mirror from one of the ultimate expressions palettes to do my bridesmaid makeup this weekend because even with a large hotel mirror, with 8 of us girls there wasn't enough room around the big mirror in the bathroom. P.S. The sheer envy primer by hard candy helped my shadow stay all night at the wedding, even after sleeping on it (I was so exhausted I only had time to take off my shoes and dress after we got home).

    ReplyDelete
  14. What?! But the blushes and the eyeshadows were fine the way they were!

    ReplyDelete
  15. will the mega eyes eyeshadow trios be discontinued? i have mojave mauves and belgian chocolates... two of my faves! =[

    ReplyDelete
  16. Charissa: I liked the mirrors on the old palettes too (I love how you can just pull it out and put it back when you're done). I don't know if the new palettes have mirrors but I'll be getting them in the mail tomorrow so stay tuned for my review, ok? :)

    Musicalhouses: I liked the old blushes and eyeshadows too, but I do think the packaging was needing a modern makeover, and I have to say that I'm excited to have new shade options for the eyeshadows. They've had the same shades for a loooong time now. lol. :)

    CarolAnne: Yep, the trios are going bye-bye because they're being replace with brand new eyeshadow trios! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I picked up two of the new eyeshadow palettes, and they are great! But I am wondering if the Speed Glosses are going to be discontinued? Thanks in advance, Recessionista!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What color is #102 in the wet and wild natural wear lip shimmer?

    Anyone know for sure?

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig