Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Monday, January 11, 2010

A Nouveau Cheap Exclusive: Your FIRST LOOK at Wet n Wild's 2010 makeover!

I'm trying REALLY hard to not freak out right now, so let me take a few deep breaths and start again. Phew! OK, here I go:

I am humbled and honored to tell you, my lovely readers, that I am the first person on the web to have the honor of posting the following image of the new Wet n Wild 2010 Cosmetic Collection! Beginning this month, Wet n Wild is launching a massive makeover with new products, new formulas and new, sleek packaging. Thanks to my wonderful contact at Wet n Wild who was kind enough to share this photo with me, I can confirm that no one has posted this pic on the internet yet--ANYWHERE! This is my first Nouveau Cheap Exclusive and I am skipping in circles with both hands in the air right now, I'm so giddy!

So without further ado, allow me to present to you the new Wet n Wild 2010 Collection:


(click image to enlarge)

Can you hear me "oooh-ing" and "aaaah-ing" from there?

Directly from Wet n Wild, here are details:


FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

GLAMOROUS EVERYDAY. FABULOUS EVERYWAY.
wet n wild® introduces new products and an updated look

City of Industry, CA (December 3, 2009)— Style, beauty, and value unite as wet n wild® introduces a bold new change. The brand known for its top-quality products at an everyday value is undergoing a complete makeover for 2010! With 3 brand-new fabulous franchises, more than 70 new items will be launched in sleek, modern packaging with new advanced formulas.

The new color authority in beauty, the Color IconTM franchise introduces new eyeshadows, blushers, and bronzers in longwearing, stay-true, fashion forward shades. The MegaLast® collection delivers the most glamorous lip and nail colors in hours and hours of stay-put wear. And for those lovers of fringe, the lush MegaMascaras collection provides formulas for every lash effect imaginable.

Along with the product changes, wet n wild® is also unveiling a brand-new tagline: “Glamorous everyday. Fabulous everyway.”

New Additions for 2010:

Color Icon Eyeshadow Single - $1.99 SRP

Satiny-smooth eyeshadows boast a new formula that includes a jet-milled base and silicone technology to allow for hours of crease-resistant, longwearing, stay-true color. A versatile collection of seven classic and trend shades can be easily worn alone or playfully combined for a variety of looks. Color is showcased in a chic pressed design.

Available in Sugar, Brulee, Nutty, Lagoon, Penny, Envy and Kitten.

Color Icon Eyeshadow Trio - $2.99 SRP

Each trio contains three complementary shades in longwearing, blendable colors. Each unique palette is created to highlight, define, and accentuate a specific eye color. Shades are embossed with “eyelid,” “crease,” or “browbone” to provide an easy “how to” guide.

Available in Walking on Eggshells, Sweet as Candy, Cool as a Cucumber, Knock on Wood, On Cloud Nine and Don’t Steal My Thunder.

Color Icon Eyeshadow Palette - $4.99 SRP

Each palette contains six ultra-pigmented, high-definition eyeshadows that are sure to please the shade sassy minimalist and enthusiast alike. With three matte and three highly-pigmented effect shades, it’s easy to mix-and-match to create a variety of day-to-night looks.

Available in Greed, Pride, Lust and Vanity.

Color Icon Blusher - $2.99 SRP

Silky-soft blush glides smoothly over cheekbones. Same great shades but this new improved oil-free formula contains special complex powders to provide longwearing, creamy-smooth, blendable color. With shades for all skin tones, this buildable blush offers light-to-medium coverage. Dermatologist Tested

Available in Pearlescent Pink, Heather Silk, Mellow Wine and Berry Shimmer.

Color Icon Bronzer - $2.99 SRP

Add a golden glow and a touch of luminosity to any complexion for a healthy, sun-kissed look. Special blend of oil-free, complex powders provide longwearing, creamy-smooth, blendable color. Colors are showcased in a chic pressed design and are perfect for all skin tones. Dermatologist Tested

Available in Princess and Goddess.

megalast Matte Lip Color - $2.99 SRP

4-hour, longwearing lip color leaves a semi-matte, crème finish. Glides on easily with rich, velvety color that doesn’t cake, feather, or bleed. Made with hydrating skin-care ingredients: Hylauronic Microspheres provide extraordinary adhesion to lips, an exclusive polymer complex offers cushion-like feel and texture, and natural marine plant extracts Coenzyme Q10 and Vitamins A & E help smooth lips.

Available in Pink Suga’, Think Pink, Bare It All, Just Peachy, Rose-Bud, Smokin’ Hot Pink, Wine Room, Mauve Outta Here, Sugar Plum Fairy, Coral-ine, Red Velvet, Stoplight Red, In The Flesh, Sandstorm, Mocha-licious, Spiked With Rum, Ravin’ Raisin, Cinnamon Spice, Cherry Bomb and Vamp It Up.

megalast Nail Color - $1.99 SRP

Long-lasting opaque color provides 5 days of chip-resistant wear. This revolutionary resin polymer system creates exceptional color adhesion to nails, while a proprietary mineral and calcium complex fortifies and rebalances. New brush design allows for precise one-stroke application.

Available in Hush Hush, Break The Ice, 2% Milk, Private Viewing, Sugar Coat, Undercover, Bite The Bullet, Through The Grapevine, Candy-licious, Tropicalia, Club Havana, Heatwave, Red Tape, Caught Red-Handed, Haze of Love, Under Your Spell, Disturbia and Blackmail.

megaplump Mascara - $3.99 SRP New Improved Formula

Get 5X the volume! New dramatic mascara amplifies and plumps lashes, providing instant volume without clumping.
Available in Very Black.

megaplump Waterproof Mascara - $3.99 SRP

Get 3X the volume! New dramatic waterproof mascara delivers thicker lashes in an instant. Waterproof formula stays put through tears, humidity, rain, and swimming and can be easily removed with wet n wild’s Eye Makeup Remover.

Available in Very Black.

megavolume Mascara - $2.99 SRP New Improved Formula.

Control your lash look with this buildable mascara that enhances the thickness of each and every lash.

Available in Very Black.

megaprotein Mascara - $1.99 SRP New Improved Formula.

Nourishing mascara conditions lashes with soy and wheat proteins for fuller, thicker lashes. Contains healthy ingredients of Açai Oil and D-Panthenol that are known to help protect and strengthen hair.

Available in Very Black.

megalength Mascara - $2.99 SRP

Get up to 80% longer-looking lashes! Superior lengthening mascara delivers lavishly long and perfectly defined lashes. Special blend of waxes delivers maximum length and definition with amazing staying power. Specially-designed brush visibly lifts for lash-by-lash definition.

Available in Very Black.

Wild Shine Nail Color - $0.99 SRP

Try 11 of the latest new color trends of the season without the guilt of buying pricier polishes! This nail color provides rich, vibrant color with brilliant shine in a variety of colors, effects, and finishes.

Available in Tickled Pink, Sunny Side Up, Lady Luck, Casting Call, Jezebel, Rain Check, Wild Card, Blue Moon, Night Prowl, Metallica and Hallucinate.

The wet n wild 2010 Cosmetic Collection will be available at mass market retailers nationwide beginning in January 2010.

About wet n wild®

For more than three decades, millions of women around the globe have discovered their wild side using wet n wild®, makers of affordable, prestige-inspired cosmetics. A division of Markwins North America., wet n wild® fuses high-performance formulations with the hottest color palettes to offer women a full range of department store-quality cosmetics at an unbeatable value. wet n wild® cosmetics are available in Wal-Mart, K-Mart, Rite Aid, CVS, Walgreens, Albertsons, Brooks, Longs, Duane Reade, Meijer, Fred Meyer, as well as other drug, mass and food markets nationwide.

As you know if you saw my post from yesterday, I have already spotted the ColorIcon palettes, MegaLast lipsticks and MegaLast nail colors at my local Rite Aid, and I purchased and reviewed the lipsticks and nail polishes here.

I will be receiving samples of everything else from this new collection by the end of the week, so please check back next week because I am rushing these to the top of my review queue, for sure.

As I've stated many times here on this blog, I have been a loyal user of Wet n Wild products since the mid-80s (I bought my first bright red lipstick from Wet n Wild when I was a sophomore in high school back in 1985 and I have never looked back!). So I cannot tell you how much joy it brings me to be able to present you with this Nouveau Cheap Exclusive. To be the first one to have this picture is like a dream-come-true for me since I can honestly say I'm one of Wet n Wild's biggest fans.

So...are you as excited as I am about these new products? I would LOVE to hear what you're the most curious about, so leave a comment here and let me know what you'd like me to review first!
SHARE:

37 comments

  1. How EXCITING!!! CONGRATS! I would freak out more than a little, too :)

    Thanks so much for this! I heart W&W especially in this economy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sock Knitter: Thank you!!! So awesome to hear from someone who shares my enthusiasm and loves WnW as much as I do! yay! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to try the WnW eyeshadows as well as blusher and bronzer. I adore 'Heather Silk' of WnW, which is a very close dupe of NARS Orgasm, and their "Acapulco Glow" bronzer is a great highlighter. I really hope the two Walgreens around my house have them soon, as well as the Tropez e/s palette. I've been hunting for those palette since forever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. are these just new additions to the brand or are these going to be replacing the original products? Because I will seriously cry if they discontinue their cream eyelienr.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay R, so you know how I've felt about WnW for years...well, make that decades. *sigh* However, I just might partake now with all of this newness because your enthusiasm is infectious!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your exclusive!! Can't wait to see what you think of everything esp. the blushes, bronzers, and nail polishes!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the scoop! I'll definitely be out and about this week looking for the new collection.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! Cha cha cha!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love wet n wild products looks like a great new look!

    ReplyDelete
  10. woohoo! I guess this is why lately all of the Walgreens I've visited have empty wall displays that haven't been restocked. New stuff coming! None of it's hit the stores near me yet :(

    Pearlescent Pink is one of my favorite blushes, so I'm excited and a little scared that they've reformulated it. In my experience, that's not always a good thing. Hopefully, it's an improvement. *crosses my fingers*

    I'm so looking forward to your reviews on all the products you've been sent. I'm totally dying of envy btw ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! The new packaging looks great! If the prices are the same here I'll be tempted in going on a makeup splurge. I've been a good girl, haven't spent anything on makeup since I treated myself to the sigma make up brush kit lol. I have all these makeup that I feel I should hit pan before I get anymore. Oh the temptation of the new and sparkley!

    ReplyDelete
  12. First of all, congrats on your exclusive!!! You have the right to feel proud about it.

    Second, i certainly like this new WnW look, it doesn't look cheap and kiddy anymore, but grownup and classic, and it is a classic! I just hope they keep some (or most) of the colorful packaging, but for what i read, this is just a step to a new stage of the brand that doesn't involve a complete switch.

    The only thing i could miss in this new stage is brand new "base makeup", such as tinted moisturizers with softer formulas or stick highlighters, think Revlon Skinlights or something...

    Anyway,enough of my babbling, as you can see, i am a WnW girl too, it was a brand that kept me colorful during my teen years and now i'm dams sure it's gonna join me for a while after this makeover.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm excited as you, I like the new packaging of everything and I can't wait to get that blush, e/s, lippies and mascara.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Holy CRAP this is exciting! I love WnW and always have, especially for trying out fun new nail polish and lip colors. I also swear by their liquid eyeliners. The packaging for the new line looks awesome, so minimalistic and sleek! I'm intrigued by your review of the new WnW stuff you got the other day, so I can't wait to see this stuff turn up in my local stores!

    ReplyDelete
  15. SOOO excited! I love me some WNW!!! :) Cant wait to see it in person, the new nail polishes sound awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. congrats on the exclusive scoop, wow!

    ohhhh, everything looks sooo purdy in the new packaging!
    I <3 WnW, and when I read about the revamp for a sec I was scared they'd have raised the prices, but it's still an absolutely pocketbook-friendly treat, HUZZAH!!!

    ps - did you get the lavender/lilac/whatever the name was lippie back in the day? Class of '87 here, wooooot! lololol

    ReplyDelete
  17. pps - I shoulda typed 'whatever the NUMBER was' for the lippie, but what I really MEANT was I don't know what to call the color, could be lavender to some, lilac to others, lol

    ReplyDelete
  18. The new packaging and new products look fantastic!! I simply cannot wait! I'm really looking forward to your reviews on the eyeshadows. Just a quick question though, does this "makeover" mean that Wet n Wild be discontinuing some its old products to launch reformulated versions? A lot of my HG products are Wet n Wild...so I hope they won't be changing TOO much.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm ooh-ing and ahh-ing from across the pond! :) They look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  20. It looks amazing, another reason to be sad i can't get Wet n wild in the uk :(

    ReplyDelete
  21. I saw these at my Miejer the other day - and of course, my camera was dead! They look absolutely gorgeous in person - the shadow singles are beautiful, there are TONS of lipsticks and nail polish, and a variety of mascaras to try. I really wanted to buy some, but I withheld (for some reason!). What fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. O_O
    O_O
    O_O

    OMG. OMG! I loooved WnW eyeshadows to begin with, but something tells me I'm going to love these Color Icons even more! And NAIL POLISH! 2% Milk! I have to get that one for the name alone.

    And best of all, IT'S ALL CHEAP! *dances*

    Now...if only my Walgreens will get the new stuff in a timely manner. >_> *stalks Walgreens*

    Thanks for the scoop! Your blog is the shiz!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congratulations on the exclusive news! **hugs**

    Can't wait to check them out.

    ReplyDelete
  24. How freakin awesome is this?! Congratulations on the exclusive!!

    I love, love WnW and can't wait to try out their new additions! I hope the Matte Lipsticks are awesome, especially since it sounds like Revlonis dumping theirs.

    However, I am a little bummed that it sounds like they are discontinuing their Bronzer in "Acalpulco Glow". This is an awesome highlighter, like a warmer version of their now defunct "All Over Shimmer".

    I am looking forward to your upcoming reports!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. How exciting! Congratulations! I cant wait to check this out in stores. Im with the other commenter, a nail polish named 2% milk? I'll get it for the name alone too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  26. WOOT! Sounds amazing. I'm so glad to see WnW improving their products. I'm just happy to see a company moving forward - especially during the economic times!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Holy Crap! First off, Congrats on being the first one on the internet to display the picture!

    Second: JKASDHJKSDF YES. I am so excited for these new products! I loved the formula for the single Megaeye shadows so I'm excited to see what they have in store now! And that they aren't changing the price makes it all the better! Thank you so much for sharing this with us!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Diem Ho: Yay! So glad you're excited about this too. And I agree-I love WnW blushes and bronzers. :)

    Ann: Not to worry--they are NOT discontinuing the creme eyeliners! Yay! :)

    Amber: lol! I know, honey. But I think you might really love these new products. Fingers crossed! xo

    Mocha Mish Mash: Thank you SO much! I am so excited to get my hands on everything. xo

    EllenChristine: You are so welcome! Can't wait to hear what you think once you find them. :)

    Suz: Thank you SO much, honey! xo

    Caramel Diva: I totally agree! xo

    Mimsy: I thought that same thing when I noticed all the empty spaces at my Walgreens! And from what I've heard, I don't think you'll be disappointed by the blush reformulation. Fingers crossed! xoxo

    Fay: I know what you mean about the temptation of the new and sparkly! lol. But you've been a very good girl so you deserve the splurge (and plus, this is an extremely economical splurge!). xo

    Elena: Thank you SO much!! Nice to hear that you've an old school WnW fan like myself! And don't worry--they are not getting rid of those new base foundations in the Naturals line--have you tried those yet? I did a review of the tinted moisturizer and the powder--they're awesome! xo

    rayqueenbee: YAY! So glad you're as excited as I am about these new goodies. xo

    J: Yay!!! I'm so glad you found my review intriguing, and I can't wait to hear what you think of these new products once you find them in your area. Please keep me posted? xo

    Bargainista: YAY! So excited to hear that you're looking forward to seeing these in person. I'm beyond thrilled about this new launch (obviously). lol. xo

    ReplyDelete
  29. charziparzi: Thank you, honey!! And yes, I was thrilled as well when I saw those prices. It's amazing, isn't it? And I DID have that lavender lipstick! OMG, thank you for reminding me. I can see it in my head now--remember how the cases were white with a clear top? Trying to remember the font color on the cases--was it blue? Silver? That's the only thing I can't seem to remember. lol. Oh, and I did the math wrong in my original post--I was a freshman in '85! Class of '89 here! So you were one of the "older" girls that I totally looked up to in high school! lol!! xoxo

    Rita: I've actually received some info about what will still be available and what will be discontinued...I'll be posting that today, which I hope will answer your question! xo

    BJL: Hi honey!! I think I can hear your oohs and ahhs from here. lol!!! xo

    Lillian Funny Face: Nice to hear from you. :) I'm sure you can find a friendly US blogger to do a swap with. I mean, I know for a fact that we US ladies are envious of those Gosh palettes. So I don't think it would take a lot of arm twisting. lol! :)

    Shakeup Your Makeup: OMG, you are LUCKY, girl! I haven't seen the e/s singles anywhere yet! And I don't know how you refrained--that's amazing willpower. I sure wasn't able to do it--I had to get a lippie and a nail polish. lol! xo

    femputer: Thank you SO much, sweetie!!! I was going to say you have no idea how excited I am about this news, but then I realized that OF COURSE you know! LOL! So glad that you're excited right along with me. :D Keeping my fingers and toes crossed that your Walgreens gets these ASAP. xo

    Beda: Thank you SO much, honey!!!! I can't wait to see your reviews once you are able to find these in PR. :)

    mooosley: Thank you so so much, sweetie!! I'm so glad you're as excited as I am about this. Yay! And I do have some info about what's going to d/c'd, which I will post in a second. xo

    adorepink: Thank you so much!! And I am right there with you--when I saw the name 2% Milk I was like, "Oh, I NEED that." LOL!! xo

    ndoodles: I had a feeling you'd be excited about this too. lol. And look who got a new profile pic! You look freaking gorgeous, honey!!! xo

    Andi: Thank you, thank you!!! I am SO glad to hear you're as excited as I am about these new goodies. I love WnW eyeshadows too, so I literally cannot wait to see how the new ones perform. I have a feeling we will not be disappointed! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  30. lol!
    I'm pretty sure it was silver printing on the lippie tubes. gawd, the packaging was icky, but I was soooooo in luuurrrvv with that lavender! I'm sure I looked absolutely ridiculous wearing it since I'm Southeast Asian w/very yellow undertones, lmaooooo!

    Lavender lippie, big plastic jewelry, Bon Jovi, what else can you remember from Way Back When? *giggles*

    ReplyDelete
  31. congrats on the exclusive! what an honor!! i look forward to seeing this roll out in my area. i have to check more rite aids.. cvs is slacking around here! lol

    ReplyDelete
  32. charziparzi: OMG, so you mean I wasn't the ONLY yellow-toned girl running around with WnW lavender lipstick and big plastic hoop earrings in 1986? Whew, that's a relief! LOL!!!! And Bon Jovi! Of COURSE. Please tell me you rocked the big hair and high bangs because I can't bear to be alone in that memory. Oh and of course those HUGE belts that hung low on the hips. Remember those? LOL!!

    yummy411: Thank you so much, sweetie!! I am so looking forward to you getting these and of course taking awesome pics on your camera! I can't wait to see what you think of everything! xo

    ReplyDelete
  33. You should really lighten up on the I have something one one else has thing. It is off putting to first time readers of your blog. Don't think I will be back for more.

    ReplyDelete
  34. there seems to be a lot of very crabby people coming out & commenting lately...?!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Jessie: I'm sorry you feel that way. I have actually only had TWO Nouveau Cheap Exclusives in the entire history of my blog, and you know what? I'm very happy to have had them. If you read this post, you'd see that I in NO way try to "flaunt" an exclusive piece of information and I am quite humbled to be given these opportunities. I think that your comment was a bit off the mark since I've only had two exclusives, but you're certainly entitled to your opinion. You can't please everyone, and if I've lost you as a reader, that's life. I make no apologies for things I say here as I try my hardest to give my readers the best information I can give them on a daily basis. Like I always say, the beauty of the internet is that if you don't like this blog, you've a zillion other beauty blogs to choose from. Best of luck to you!

    charziparzi: lol! Thanks for having my back, girlfriend. That means more to me than you'll ever know! xo

    ReplyDelete
  36. Great collection!! I have purchased two of the Megalast Matte Lip Color lipsticks,both broke at the base.


    Wet and Wild never ceases to amaze me with their awesome products!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig