Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Friday, January 8, 2010

More important news about the CVS semi-annual beauty clearance sale

I know I've posted a lot of info already about the CVS semi-annual beauty clearance, but it's only because I want ALL of you to be able to take advantage of these insane prices while they last.

So that said, I've got some very important tips and pointers about how you can maximize your savings, and most of these tips are all thanks to my lovely readers who have posted extremely helpful comments here on Nouveau Cheap. I don't know what I'd do without you guys, so THANK YOU to everyone who has posted about this sale (click here and here to see my various CVS sale posts and be sure to read the comments because MANY of you have listed what you've been able to purchase during this sale and it's mindblowing!).

1) I cannot stress this enough: print out the L'Oreal coupons at CVS.com before you go (click here for the coupon page--the L'Oreal coupons are on page 8). These coupons will give you $1 off eye, lip and face products, and many L'Oreal eye, lip and face products (including HiP) are currently 75% off right now. So if you have a coupon, you can get some products FOR FREE or very close to free.

2) If you have not seen the semi-annual beauty clearance at your local CVS, this does not necessarily mean it's not happening! The more people I talk to, the more I am starting to notice that different CVS stores are rolling out this sale at different times. Some stores started early while others are taking their sweet time. BUT, here's the VERY IMPORTANT PART: The sale prices may already be in the system BEFORE your CVS store gets around to putting the green 75% off stickers on the products! So look at the products that my readers have found on sale, jot them down, and when you go to your CVS, take your HiP eyeshadow paint to the scanner and you might be surprised that to see that it rings up at $2.99 instead of $11.99 even if there's no clearance sticker on it! Seriously, I have had several readers report that they did this exact thing and were shocked that the system showed the product as 75% off despite the fact that there was no green sticker in sight.  Talk about getting a jumpstart on the sale--you could know about this before anyone else in your area gets their grubby little hands on these goodies! lol.

3) If you have not seen what the sale stickers look like in person, I snapped a pic of the HiP display so that you can see exactly what to look for:



As you can see, there are no big, yellow tags on the displays that say "Clearance" or anything like that. There are only these tiny little green stickers. So definitely keep your eyes peeled for these, and of course if you don't see them, take the products you want and scan them--they might already be discounted in the system!

4) Not all CVS stores are putting their green stickers on the same brands and products at the same time! Some CVS locations have stickers on tons of Physicians Formula products, while other CVS locations do not have a green sticker on even ONE Physicians Formula product. So again, take your products to the scanner and see if they're discounted in the system. It could be that your location just hasn't gotten around to putting the green stickers on all of the clearance items yet.

That's it for my CVS beauty sale advice--I hope you find this helpful, and I would LOVE it if you could come back here and report on this post what you've been able to find. It helps us ALL to know what brands and products are on sale out there!

And PS: Since WHEN did CVS start carring OPI? I just saw this display at my local CVS the other day:



Granted, it's mostly "safe for work" shades, but it's still nice to know that if you've got a few Extra Bucks in your pocket, you can now get an OPI polish for free or next to free!
SHARE:

11 comments

  1. I wandered into CVS yesterday with the L'Oreal coupons and came out with a Color Juice (?) gloss and a single eyeshadow for a grand total of $1.56! Thanks for the tips! The great thing about this sale is that I don't think a lot of people are taking notice of the clearance stickers because they are so covertly placed - I'm hoping my other CVS won't be picked over for this reason!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, well this isn't about CVS, since I don't have one anywhere near me. But I think I saw on another post about Walgreens marking a ton of stuff down, and this is has to do with that. I went to Walgreens today, with my 2 sisters, and we came out with a total of $23, for 21 items. My total savings, according to my receipt, between coupons and sales was almost $100. It amazed me. Even though pretty much everything had been picked over, we got some great stuff. Two of those things were Nivea Natural Tone lotion, 13.5 oz, which were on sale for $3.79, and then we had a buy 2 get $5 off, and then our cashier had 2$ off 1, and used those too. Nothing else came out that good, but alot of everything else I got, was under $1 each. (9 cent Rimmel nail polishes, only clear and black were left, but still!) The other thing that accidently turned out cool was Softsoap NutriSerums body wash. On sale for $3.99, with $1 register reward, and the cashier had $1 coupon for it. I also gave in and got the Loreal Scrublet thing, the orange deep exfoliating scrub one. I wanted to wait for your review, but I got impatient and had a $2 coupon..I couldn't help it. lol. I also got way more lip stuff (4 nivea liptint and gloss, 1 revlon liptint, and 2 Rimmel Jelly Glosses than I need, but oh well. Nivea lip products were on sale for 30% off, i think it was, and I had BOGO coupons, plus 50 cent coupons from the cashier, so I walked out with 4 of them. ANYWAY. The whole point of this comment was to show how good the sales are at Walgreens right now - and that they dont seem to be over yet. I was told by my cashier the other day that they are going to be redoing the makeup on Jan 22. So I will be going back at least twice a week since I will already be in town (start classes on Tuesday)Yea in case you couldn't tell, I was extremely excited when I left Walgreens today. I needed to share with someone who might actually care! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandi, thanks for the head's up about Walgreens. We don't have a CVS anywhere close here in the Ark River Valley, but there's a Walgreen's in the next town over so I'll be looking around there. Do you mind sharing where you got the coupons? Are they just regular newspaper coupons or did you find them online?

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are all newspaper coupons. Some of them are from papers from months ago. though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, you ladies are scoring big time beauty deals! I wandered into my CVS last week and I didn't see too much going on, but I didn't scan anything either so it was my loss. Good tip, R! Looks like I'm making another trip...*le sigh*

    My poor husband probably thinks he's married to a whackadoodle now with everything I've been packing in through the front door lately. Thankfully, I've been working in the beauty field in some capacity ever since he's known me and it's not out of the norm for me to come waltzing in with some kind of cosmetic in a bag. But even I have to admit, I'm getting a little overboard! But the deals you're getting wouldn't make me think twice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am insanely jealous with these posts. For those of you who are contemplating going to your local CVS and picking up some of these savings, GO NOW and think of your fellow beauty junkies who don't have access to these amazing prices you're being offered! :
    (

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi thanks yet again for another helpful post! I've seen CVS carry OPI at only some of the larger stores in places that get a lot of pedestrian traffic (main streets, downtown, etc.). I've never seen any exciting non-work appropriate colors though. I've also never seen them on sale :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. there's a $3 off coupon on any two l'oreal makeup items on l'oreal's website. i paid $2 for a hip shadow paint and an hip eyeshadow duo that was part of the clearance at cvs, so get those coupons!

    ReplyDelete
  9. for some reason i had a feeling that you were gonna do a post about this lol. Im glad you did. When i went to another cvs, the lady was barely putting on the green stickers on the stuff. I asked her if she was done putting stickers and she said no. see but i didnt know they had a scanner.

    I already went for the 2nd time an i think im going back again lol. I really want to get my hands on some milani eyeshadows. The lady told her they will never get it back again. I dont believe her!!

    Also, thanks to Sandi for the letting us know about Walgreens ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the post! I actually mentioned you on my post, hope you don't mind :)

    I can't believe on the sales right now, it makes me want to go to cvs and walgreens right now for more finds!

    ReplyDelete
  11. J: Score!!! Congrats on finding those great deals!! Yay! :)

    Sandi: WOW, thank you SO much for all the great Walgreens info! I really appreciate you taking the time to list all of the goodies you scored! Also, I don't know if you saw my Walgreens post from today but it looks like you were able to get your hands on a lot of the products that were already sold out at my location. I'm so jealous, and extremely happy for you! Congrats! xo

    Denise: I am keeping my fingers crossed that you find as good of a selection as Sandi was able to find when you hit up your Walgreens! :)

    Amber: Girlie, you NEED to go back to your CVS stat and scan those HiP paints! They rock and they're normally $11.99. Hello! And if you print out a CVS coupon you'll snag one for $1.99! And PS: The boyfriend is totally just like your hubby--used to the bags of makeup coming through the front door, but even he has his limits. And I think I'm pushing the limit with this darn CVS sale. lol! xo

    Arezu: I dedicate my latest CVS haul to you, my sweet! I was feeling guilty for making yet another haul during this sale, and your comment just took away all of my guilt. So thank you! lol!! xo

    colormepinkenblue: Thanks so much for the OPI info! Very interesting, and I had no idea! But I do think it's great that even though they don't go on sale, we can use on Extra Bucks and at least get them a few dollars off! :)

    Niki: WHY didn't I see this comment before I went to CVS again today?? darnit!!! Thank you SO much for the heads-up--this is FANTASTIC! And I guess you just gave me a reason to make yet another trip to CVS! lol!! xo

    Becky: You know me too well! lol! And that's very interesting about the Milani--I wonder if she meant that those particular quads are being discontinued? Hum...well it looks like we're both making yet another haul, right? I neeed to get some of those PF glosses because of you! :) xo

    Christy: You are so welcome! And thank YOU for the shout-out on your blog! You're an absolute sweetheart for that! xo

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig