Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Friday, January 8, 2010

Breaking News: Rimmel to launch tons of new products this spring!


Ladies! As we all know by now, CVS is blowing out most of their existing Rimmel inventory (click here to see what my readers have been finding for 75% off at CVS stores) and we finally have confirmation why!

From Happi.com:

RIMMEL PLANS BIG LAUNCH IN U.S.


2010-01-08 / 8:51

To mark its 10th anniversary in the U.S., Coty is expanding the Rimmel London color cosmetics collection. The brand is the No. 3 color cosmetics line in Europe and has global sales of $700 million.

The new products include Max Volume Flash Mascara, which reportedly delivers 14 times more volume. The Lash Expand formula is enriched with collagen to fatten lashes and Keratin for stronger, sleeker, shinier lashes. Meanwhile, a new mono eyeshadow called Glam Eyes, includes bold colors such as spicy bronze, posh peacock, royal violet and celestial sapphire.

In the lip category, new Moisture Renew Lip Colour includes an SPF 18 formula as well as Self Adapting Moisture Complex featuring hyaluronic acid, collagen and vitamins A, C and E to nourish lips. There are 24 shades in an elegant metallic purple case. Suggested retail is $6.79. Also new is Royal Gloss, which is available in pearly shades in scents of bubble gum, chocolate and peach and retails for $4.99.

For the face, new Lasting Finish Blendable Blush and Highlighter is available in four shades and the Blendable Blush and Highlighter comes in trip palettes. Both are priced at $4.99. And new Sun Shimmer Maxi Bronzer for face and body retails for $7.99.

Finally, in nail color, Lasting Finish Pro Nail Enamel is said to last up to 10 days. Its wide-angled brush for fast and mistake-free application. With more than 800 fine-textured bristles, the brush is designed to adapt to any nail shade and requires fewer strokes to apply. This new nail line is available in 31 colors and will retail for $3.99.


Some of you may have already located displays for these new products in your area. I have heard reports of people seeing the new Glam Eyes eyeshadow singles but, to date, I have only seen the Lasting Finish Pro Nail Enamel (click here for pics of the display) at my local Walgreens. And of course you probably know by now that there is a dupe of Sephora by OPI Metro Chic in Rimmel's new nail polish collection and it's called Steel Grey.

I'm pretty excited to check out all of these products, however I'm the most excited to see another gourmand-flavored lipgloss line in drugstores this spring! I sure hope Rimmel's Royal Gloss can compete with Maybelline's Shine Sensational glosses, but either way, the more yummy-flavored lipglosses out there in drugstores, the better!

How do you feel about these new Rimmel products? Are you excited to start looking for them in your local drugstores?
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. I'm excited! I love Rimmel! I really want to try the polish & blushes. I just bought the Volume Flash mascara (I think, its bright pink?), tried it for the first time today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa Kate: YAY! I'm so glad you're excited--I am too, even though I haven't had much luck with certain Rimmel items (the mascaras fade very quickly on my oily eyes) I am ALWAYS willing to give new products a shot and I have much hope for these! So is that new mascara working for ya? xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw a display of the new lipsticks the other day and got a really pretty coral shimmer color :) Rimmel is definitely one of my favorite DS lines.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reiko: Ooooh, nice! Can you tell me a bit about it? Is there a flavor/fragrance to the lipstick? How's the staying power and pigmentation? Thanks so much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is exciting! I'm especially looking forward to seeing those blush/highlighter combos. I don't do bronzer so I appreciate it when blushes are paired with highlighters instead. :] I'm officially bored with the current selection of Rimmel products, I've tried mascara, foundation, pressed powder, blushes, and lipsticks, and none of them are truly HG status (although their Peach powder blush is very lovely and is in constant rotation during the summer for me). I've seen the Moisture Renew lipsticks in my Walmart and all my local drugstores along with the new nail polishes. I was tempted to try one of the new lipsticks just because of the metallic purple packaging (similar to the Sexy Curves mascara) but the colors looked pretty typical to me. At first I was hoping that the famous "Nude Delight" shade would be included among these, but I didn't see it in any of the displays I checked.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I picked up 3 of the new l/s, and I suppose it's ridiculous of me to even mention them since I only have one on hand to describe LOL (the other 2 are upstairs).

    What I CAN say is that they feel creamy & moisturizing, and the 2 shades I love most of the 3 I bought have a pearly finish, with the tiniest glimmers that add nice dimension (NOT glitter, to clarify ... there is no silvery glitter finish left behind when these wear off. Cuz I'd hate that lol.). And these apply way more smoothly than their old l/s :-)

    Scent/taste ... no taste, thank God, but there's a slight scent that dissipates rather quickly. Can't put my finger on what the scent is ... floral? Not fruity, like their older ones.

    The one shade I have in hand at the moment is Dreamy, a pearly neutral pink, not too light, not too dark. Just right.

    I *think* the one cream shade I got is called Spotlight Beige (don't quote me on that, though) ... which has a cream finish, and is a YLBB type of shade. I don't care for this one too much, as it has a glossier finish, which I don't like with cream shades.

    And the 3rd one ... damn, the name isn't coming to me, but it's a pearly champagne shade, which is another hit.

    Definitely worth looking into!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I got one of the new Moisture Renew lippies the other day - I got it in the color Dusty Rose, which on me is sort of a YLBB color; it deepens my natural rose lip color but still looks very natural. I must say, I LOVE this lipstick. It really is very moisturizing, which I think is important - especially in the cold winter weather, when my lips are always trying to dry out.

    I don't notice any flavor to the lipstick, but it does have a very slight scent of some kind.... the best way to describe the scent, in my opinion, is "classic lipstick smell." LOL ... seriously, it reminds me of my mom's old Revlon ones that I would try on back in the day... sort of floral, sort of "creamy", just "Lipsticky." This scent is really not strong at all, though, and the scent fades very, very quickly when you put the lipstick on.

    ReplyDelete
  8. J: I'm right there with you--I don't normally do bronzer so the prospect of a blush/highlighter duo is *awesome*. Please keep me posted if you spot a display? :) xo

    LipstickChick: Ooooh, thank you so much for the detailed review! I am really, really regretting not getting one now (if you saw my Walgreens post you know what happened with that). I can't WAIT to try these now. You ROCK! And if you want more of these, they're going to be 50% off at Walgreens next week (according to the cashier I spoke to last night!). xo

    Jennifer: OMG, that is too funny. I totally almost bought Dusty Rose too! I am an absolute sucker for pinky-browns and I *always* gravitate toward them in any lipstick display. lol. And after your review, I am REALLY regretting not buying this while it was in my hands. I am definitely going back next week and getting it. And I totally know what you mean by the "classic lipstick smell". I actually kind of find that scent comforting in a way. Thanks for all the great info! xo

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig