Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Monday, December 28, 2009

Drugstore alert: New Rimmel polishes, NYC lipglosses, Revlon eyeshadows and more!

As if yesterday's L'Oreal and Maybelline post wasn't enough to kickstart the new year, I came across some other goodies at my local Rite Aid and Walgreens over the weekend so let's get right into it!

At Rite Aid I spotted this new collection of lipglosses from NYC. It seems like it's been FOREVER since NYC released anything new and they really outdid themselves with these:


NYC Extreme Lip Glider Lip Glosses (retail: $2.99)

I kind of freaked out when I saw these because, with their long tube and cinched end, they TOTALLY reminded me of Pixy Stix candy!







It was impossible to capture the shades with my Blackberry but there are lots of pinks, neutrals, and one in particular, which I am regretting not purchasing, was a deep ruby red with tons of shimmer. Here are the two I purchased:


Big Apple Red (top), Chelsea Rose (bottom)

I will post my review of these tomorrow so please check back--there's something about these glosses that is VERY fun, so come back and check it out. :)

Next we have the new Revlon eyeshadow singles (retail: $4.99):


Sorry for the blurry pics but this display was in a very bad location (bottom shelf under bright florescent light) so it was impossible for me to take good pics.

These shadows are in the two new finishes that Revlon is rolling out: "Satin" and "Perle".


The display is broken down into Satins on the left, and Perles on the right.


The Satins are described as having a "smooth shimmering finish". I have to say that in person, they are quite impressive because the colors look deep and rich and you can see the shimmer thought it's not over-the-top.


The Perles are described as having a "sparkling crystallized finish".  To me, these kind of looked like matte shadows that are mixed with a ton of sparkle.

The only obvious dupe I saw was Black Galaxy:


In person, Black Galaxy reminds me a lot of the legendary NARS Night Clubbing, but with maybe not as much gold micro-glitter and more multi-colored micro-glitter. But you get the idea--it's a flat black with tons of micro-glitter. Very pretty.

Next, I spotted an eyeshadow palette display by a brand called "Princessa" which I had never heard of before. I've noticed that Rite Aid is starting to carry more interesting cheapie eyeshadow palettes lately, and this collection definitely caught my eye (retail for each palette: $5.99):



I just could NOT resist getting the palette on the right and here it is:


Check back for my review (which might surprise you) later this week!

Moving on to Walgreens, in addition to all those new Maybelline and L'Oreal products I posted about yesterday, I always found a few other interesting things, such as this new nail polish collection by Rimmel:


Rimmel Lasting Finish Pro Nail Polish Collection

What seems to set these apart from other Rimmel polishes is the "pro brush" and that you can get "up to 10 days" of wear.



The only shade that really stood out to me was the You Don't Know Jacques!/Metro Chic dupe:


I forget the name, but as you can see it's definitely a dupe of those other gray-browns.

If any of you try these new Rimmel Last Finish Pro polishes, I would love to hear about how they wear.

And finally, here's the one new Neutrogena product I spotted at Walgreens:


Neutrogena Healthy Skin Custom Glow Blush & Bronzer

As you can see, each palette comes with blush on one side and a corresponding bronzer on the other. These really remind me of a customized mark. palette I had YEARS ago.  Anyway, if you look at the middle row, you can see that the blush looks like a dupe of NARS Orgasm. Might be worth investigating...

I think I've done my fair share of drugstore reporting for the week, so please come back and check out actual product reviews in the days to come!

In the meantime, do you plan to pick up any of these new products? As always, I'd love to hear your thoughts!
SHARE:

19 comments

  1. I didn't knew rimmel sells square bottles like this. Argh- sometimes I really wish I would live in the us :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are a trooper! *applause for reporting so many new items from multiple drugstores*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you seen the new N.Y.C. Light Up lipglosses? Saw the @ Wal-Mart a few days ago.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those princesse palettes seriously remind me of the Chrome Eyeshadow Beauty Treats palettes. The pans of the Princesse ones are larger but some of the colours are extremely similar, and the texture is exactly the same too.

    I have this one
    http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/yhst-50688558676080_2082_139016221

    and I think the left part of that palette looks so much like the left bottom corner of the Princesse palette. Interesting, isn't it? I'm curious about the review.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I forgot to mention, you can't find these palettes on the beauty treats website for some reason, but they do sell them at nonpareilboutique.com. (Go to "Shop by brand", select "Beauty Treats" and you can see all the palettes, if you want to compare more colours.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Rite Aid is much nicer than my Rite Aid! I don't see all those nice things in the store!
    That model in the SWAK display looks to be about 10 years old? Haha. I have shoes older than her.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How exciting to see everything! Can't wait for those reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those Rimmel Polishes were at my Walgreens yeatersday and those NYC ones look like the glosses Urban Decay had a while ago.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oooo those glosses look exciting! can't wait to see what you have to say about them. I'm a gloss eater too so your input is valuable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have to say, if Revlon's other new shades are as nice as the one I picked up (Nude Slip), they've got a winner on their hands! I adore Nude Slip (a satin finish, I believe), and it's just a gorgeous fleshy nude shade that's so versatile. I'm really eager to try the others out now!

    ReplyDelete
  11. amusedPolish: Don't feel bad--these are BRAND new, so I don't think many people know about them yet. :)

    beautifulmonday: Why THANK YOU!! It's been tiring but so worth it. I neeeeed to keep my girls informed! lol. xo

    Rai: No, I have not! Tell me more about them, please! lol. :)

    Maaike: That is VERY interesting! Thanks for the info. I have a feeling that there are some companies in China that make *all* of these palettes and sell them to various distribution companies, which would explain why a lot of them tend to resemble each other. But regardless, if they can be found for $5.99 at my local Rite Aid, I'm all for it, even if it does look like someone else's palette. lol!!! thanks again, sweetie! xo

    Dee: OMG, I didn't even notice that but you're RIGHT! She does look like she's a pre-teen, doesn't she? And LOL at your comment about having shoes older than her. I hear ya, girlie. I have eyeshadows that are probably DOUBLE her age! :)

    ndoodles: I'm so glad you're excited by these posts! :)

    BBM: I can never keep track of all the higher-end products these days, so thanks for the scoop about the UD glosses. I wonder if they're a good dupe of those? Did you get one of the Rimmel polishes? I hope to see a review from you of those!

    Suz: Hello, my fellow gloss eater! I think you're going to be pleasantly surprised by these little gems. :)

    LipstickChick: Ooooh, THANK YOU for the scoop on those Revlon shadows! I was eyeing Nude Slip but at the last minute I put it back. I should have purchased it, darnit! What is the staying power like? Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You should go back to the store & pick up Nude Slip at the very least LOL! It's such a great neutral shade, with a beautiful sheen finish (not glittery or frosty at all) ... I love it :-)

    And the staying power is great, but then again, I never use shadow w/o a primer (my faves: NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk, & Ulta's own e/s primer ... love, love, love). So I don't typically experience any fading or creasing or anything that compromises how pretty a shadow should look (*knocks wood*).

    I need my kids to go back to school so I can spend some decent time looking the rest of the shades over LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  13. REALLY YOU HAVEN'T?! They remind me of these: http://www.eyeko.com/images/flashlips.jpg.

    The packaging is very similar and the shades look nice. :)
    I believe they were $2.99.

    ReplyDelete
  14. LipstickChick: You are too funny! But I agree--you definitely need uninterrupted time with these now drugstore displays. lol! Thanks for the tip about the e/s--I am definitely go to pick that shade up when there's a BOGO and I'll report back. xo

    OMG, Rai, I have NEVER seen those before! I swear my area sucks for getting new NYC products. :( Those look super cool--are you going to pick any up? Thanks, honey! xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Linda recently picked some up!!

    Click here to check them out.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you so much, Rai! Those look sooo adorable! I neeed one. lol. xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Did you use that princessa palette yet? How is it?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Can you pleeeeeaaasee do a review on the Princessa eyeshadow palette? I saw it at my local Rite-Aid and at 5.99, I'm pretty curious. Tell me how it worked out for ya! Thank you! =]

    xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I picked up the Rimmel polish in the dupe you were talking about (Steel Grey). I may never use OPI again.

    Also, I miss being able to login with my url. I tend not to associate this LJ account with my public web persona.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig