Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Review: New NYC Extreme Lip Glider Lip Glosses

If you saw my drugstore report a few days ago about this new collection of NYC lipglosses, then you know that I was very excited to FINALLY see a new product from NYC (other than their seasonal color collections, I just haven't seen much from them in terms of brand new products lately).

I'm delighted to tell you that it was worth the wait, because these little Pixy Stix-shaped glosses are awesome!

NYC Extreme Lip Glider Lip Glosses (retail: $2.99):



The colors I purchased were Big Apple Red (top), and Chelsea Rose (bottom):





I put a CO Bigelow Mentha Lip Shine next to them so you can see how they compare in size:





As you can see, these NYC glosses have a plastic slant-tip applicator and I love how small the tip is because it allows you to apply your gloss with much more precision that a regular-sized slant-tip.

Here are some swatches on my hand:





These glosses pack a lot of pigment and sparkle even though they are sheer on application (as you will see in a minute).

So, how do I like these lipglosses? I LOVE 'EM! Here's why: first of all, they smell and taste exactly like a Watermelon Jolly Rancher. No joke--it's darn near identical! So fun. (But don't worry--if you don't like watermelon, the fragrance and flavor disappear after about 5-10 minutes.) Next, I love that even though those glosses are sheer, they are extremely pigmented (especially for a $2.99 gloss). Also, I LOVE the consistency. It's not too sticky, and not at all goopy. Literally, you can layer this gloss onto your lips with a VERY thick coating and it will not goop up in that area where your bottom and top lip come together. If you wear gloss, you know what I'm talking about!

I am a self-professed gloss eater and most glosses don't stand a chance at lasting more than 30 minutes on my fidgety lips. Since I have a bad habit of rubbing my lips together a lot when I wear gloss, I tend to really layer it on thick when I first apply it. Otherwise, I know it will be gone in 10 minutes. So what I love about this gloss is that I can put a very thick layer on and it looks fabulous with no goopy mess!

Here are some pics of both shades on my lips:


Big Apple Red



Chelsea Rose

Do you see that shine? It's amazing! I really, truly love it, and I cannot wait to go back and get some other shades. At just $2.99, I have to give this gloss my seal of approval as an official Bargain of the Day:


Congrats, NYC! These glosses are affordable AND they rock!

SHARE:

13 comments

  1. awww what a steal !
    looks pretty on u !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vanilla: Thank you, honey! :)

    Heather: I'd love to know if you end up liking these as much as I do. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, the posts just keep coming! do you ever sleep?

    these seem to have more shine than the Maybelline ones- am I right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautifulmonday: LOL! Actually, my boyfriend has been staying with me for a while recently and he has to get up REALLY early, which then of course wakes ME up really early, so I've suddenly found myself with a bit of extra time in the early mornings. I figured I better take advantage of it while it lasts, so that's why my blog has been on steroids a bit lately. lol!! And yes, these DO have more shine than the Maybellines. Crazy, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm loving all these updates!!

    I will be scouring my local drugstores now in search of these babies! Big City Apple looks absolutely gorgeous. And you can't beat the price!

    ReplyDelete
  6. TY so much for this review! I am going to run out this weekend and pick up some of these for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those NYC Lip Gliders look great!! I can't wait for them to arrive at my CVS!!!! I'm planning to pick up a lot of colors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautifulmonday: Oh, I know that honey! No worries! :)

    mooosley: You know you have to tell me if you like it when you find it! lol. I need to hear your opinion! xo

    Barganista: Yay!! I hope you find these ASAP and I'd love to know your thoughts. :)

    Rita: I'm so glad you're as excited about these as I am! Would love to know what you think of 'em. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. These slim tubes are so cute and they'd fit in my pencil holder! Perfect for instant glossification LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG, what a good idea (about the pencil holder). If I was still in school I would totally store it there. And LOL about instant glossification! xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness. those are beautiful...shame I haven't found them in my area yet. =(

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig