Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Friday, December 4, 2009

Review: Jelly Pong Pong Lip Sorbets (yum!)

I know I sound like a broken record when it comes to my love for BeautyTicket.com, but darnit, this site just plain rocks. Take for instance these Jelly Pong Pong Lip Sorbets. Amazon is selling them for $16 each. And BeautyTicket? Oh, try $12.99 for a set of THREE! Why pay $48 for these when you can get 'em for $12.99? See, I told you BeautyTicket.com was awesome. :)

I was lucky enough to receive a set of Jelly Pong Pong Lip Sorbets recently for review, and I've got to tell you these things are not only adorable, but the colors are so pretty and they smell and taste yummy too. Let's take a look.

If you order them from BeautyTicket, they'll arrive in a USPS box, and inside that box they'll be carefully wrapped inside a cute pink and white striped bag. Inside that bag, they'll be tucked into a pretty black lace bag:



I am all about packaging and presentation and I've got to say, this presentation is too cute for words. And look at these things! They are so tiny and cute! Each gloss is about 2 inches tall, making them ideal for your pocket or small purse.

The first color I tried is "Buttercream" which, you guessed it, smells and tastes just like delicious buttercream frosting. The shade is a warm, slightly reddish copper shimmer and it goes on sheer but not too sheer:





The next color is "Blood Orange" which, of course smells and tastes like a delicious, ripe, blood orange. This is a shimmery rose gold shade that is just stunning in person. It's definitely my fave of the three:





And lastly, we have "Spiced Pear". This one smells insanely delicious--just like a fresh-baked pear that's been covered in cinnamon. The shade is a deep, super shimmery bronze:





Here are some close-up swatches on my hand.

In all of these pics, Buttercream is on top, Blood Orange is in the middle and Spiced Pear is on the bottom:






If you need a good stocking stuffer for the lipgloss lover in your life, this is it! I'm telling you, from the packaging to the colors to the flavors, these glosses are awesome. Also, the staying power is great and they're quite moisturizing as well. I think these colors, due to their sheerness, would work on a variety of skin tones, and also a variety of ages. You can easily wear these alone, for the daytime, or over a lipstain or lipstick for a more dramatic nighttime look. And for the price? You can buy one set for yourself and one for a friend. :)

Do you own any Jelly Pong Pong products? I'd love to hear your thoughts!

A sample of this product was given to Nouveau Cheap for editorial purposes, either directly from the manufacturer or from the agency that works on behalf of the manufacturer. All reviews on NouveauCheap.blogspot.com are the honest opinion of its author and gratis samples do not, in any way, affect the outcome of product reviews.
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. As soon as I'm done Christmas shopping, I think I'm going to order some things from BeautyTicket. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautyticket has the BEST deals! You read my post about the price comparison of Benefit goodies between the Benefit site and BT-- there's a 40% difference!

    These JPP glosses look amazing on you, R! I think Blood Orange is my favorite shade on you. It's fun but still a very wearable shade.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! I think I've figured out your next giveaway :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heather: Would love to know what your get if/when you place an order! :) xo

    Shela: Yep, I saw that! It's insane! Loooove me some beautyticket. :) Thank you for the sweet words about those glosses--I think the Blood Orange is really growing on me and it's now my fave of the three. xoxo

    princess azure: Nope, sorry to break it to you! lol. I already have my BeautyTicket giveaway going for the makeup kit and that's the only one I'll be offering in this series. This is just a review of a great product. :) xo

    Gaby: Definitely yummy. :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know, I can be an influence. ;)

    But I must warn you-- you shouldn't go shopping with me ever or you'd probably end up with holes in your wallet LOL!

    Kidding. Love ya and all those pretty glosses on you! Save the Blood Orange for all those kisses you're giving Mr. Right!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL!!! My Mr. Right would love it if I actually took the time to put gloss on before I smooch him (I'm always just wearing lip balm by the end of the day when I see him). I should get dolled up for him more often...thanks for the reminder. lol! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree-- it IS the holidays! You should dine out at the Prado. Balboa Park is gorgeous this time of the year. Did you by any chance check out December Nights this weekend?

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig