Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Sunday, November 29, 2009

My Favorite Wintertime Anti-Bac Scents at BBW

Let's get straight to the point: I think most of us are reaching for our anti-bac soaps a little bit more often these days. Some of you probably prefer the clean or non-scented variety, while others (like myself) tend to go for the more seasonal scents (floral and fruity during the spring and summer, warm and gourmand during the fall and winter). 

I know that many of us like to purchase hand soap from Bath & Body Works (who can resist those 4-for-$10 deals?). But the fragrance choices for anti-bac products at Bath & Body Works can be a bit overwhelming, don't ya think? When I recently received a shipment of BBW anti-bac soaps for review, I instantly knew which ones were my favorites, and I knew exactly why. So I thought I'd pass along my top three seasonal scents currently available at BBW, in case you need some help in deciding (or maybe you're placing your order online and can't sniff them before you buy them).

My number one choice this season, hands-down, is:

Gourmet Spice Deep Cleansing Hand Soap from the Kitchen Collection (retail: $4.50, 8 oz).  Why is this my top pick from BBW's anti-bac line? Well for starters, I love the "scrubbies" in this formula, especially when you're in the kitchen and you need to remove food particles, etc. from your hands. And the scent? It is divine, I tell you! Whenever I use this soap, I smell cinnamon and nutmeg cookies! I love, love, love it. It's just one of those warm, cozy scents that instantly makes me happy.

In the number two spot for my favorite fall/winter anti-bac fragrances:

Leaves Deep Cleansing Hand Soap (retail: $4.50, 8 oz). A newcomer to the BBW anti-bac line, this one is surely destined to become a classic. Why do I love it so much? Two words: Apple Pie. That's exactly what I smell every time I use this soap. I have a bottle sitting in my kitchen as I write this, and I love how it makes my entire sink area smell like apple pie whenever I wash my hands. This soap is definitely a seasonal treat that young, old, men, and women alike can enjoy.

And what BBW anti-bac scent gets third place for my favorite holiday scent?


Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin Foaming Hand Soap (retail: regularly $10, on sale now for $3, 12 oz). I actually don't have this adorable pumpkin bottle (mine is the traditional foaming hand soap bottle) but I couldn't resist posting this because it's on sale right now for $3 and you get 12 ounces! What a great deal. There's a reason why BBW keeps bringing this scent back, year after year. The scent is addicting. I like to keep it in my master bath for a few reasons. First, I'm lazy first thing in the morning and the ease of using a foaming soap is lovely when you're still half asleep. Second, the scent is sweet, spicy and seasonal, yet it's a softer scent than Leaves and Gourmet Spice. So it's nice to use in the morning and also right before you go to bed, because it's just so soft, yet it still gives off a seasonal, holiday vibe. Perfect for the bathroom, if you ask me.

So there you have it--my suggestions for holiday-themed anti-bac soaps from BBW!

Tell me, what are your favorite anti-bac scents from Bath & Body Works? I'd love to know.

A sample of this product was given to Nouveau Cheap for editorial purposes, either directly from the manufacturer or from the agency that works on behalf of the manufacturer. All reviews on NouveauCheap.blogspot.com are the honest opinion of its author and gratis samples do not, in any way, affect the outcome of product reviews.
SHARE:

7 comments

  1. I bought all of the holiday pocketbacs - I LOVE those! I just wish the alcohol content was higher. They don't have the recommended amount.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HSG: I love those pocketbacs too--they are just so cute and tiny and perfect for the purse, car, etc. Can you tell me what the recommended amount of alcohol is for anti-bac gels? I'm so curious! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went shopping at BBW and they had those 3 for $10. We didn't get any but we did buy a ton of those hand sanitizers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Waaahhh! Why do all of the great winter scents have to smell like food? As if this time of year we don't have enough suggestive temptations...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE Leaves! I've always been the fruity or fresh kinda fragrance girl but I think in my old(er) age I'm beginning to crave fragrances that remind me of home, Leaves is so comforting!

    xo
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey R :) I forgot!

    According to the Mayo Clinic, hand sanitizers need 60% alcohol content or higher to be effective against MOST of the icky germs that make us sick.

    http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/hand-washing/HQ00407/NSECTIONGROUP=2

    I thought this article was interesting though, it tested both the B&BW gel and the foam--the foam only killed 8% of germs and the gel killed 98%!

    http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=309&sid=3342419

    ReplyDelete
  7. ndoodles: Oooh, what scents did you get? :)

    Denise: I know...every time I use 'em, I get hungry! :)

    Amber: Of course we both love Leaves! lol. And THANK YOU for this info! I had nooo idea! I am so not getting the foams anymore! Geeze! xo

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig