Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Tuesday, November 10, 2009

A few Forever 21 makeup products I might consider...

I asked the "Yay or Nay" question last week about Forever 21's new makeup line, "Love & Beauty", and most of you said, "probably not" or "no way". I totally understand your feelings and I kind of share them, but I am trying to keep an open mind. I'm going to wait for the reviews to pour in and if there's anything that stands out, I'll probably purchase it for review (the prices sure are right!).

But now that the products are up and available for purchase on their website, I've looked at everything F21 has to offer and here are my picks for a few that seem to stand out.

First of all, it's probably not a good sign that a product is completely mislabeled on the website during the first week of its launch. If you click here, you'll see that they have a Highlight Pencil for sale. But they also call THIS a Highlight Pencil, when it is in fact an Eyebrow Pencil. That's a pretty big typo, if you ask me. (Note: I spotted this error at 12PM Pacific on Nov. 10th. If you're reading this and you DON'T see the error, then that means they fixed it).

Anyway, here are my picks for things that I think have the most promise so far:


Love & Beauty Shadow Duos (retail: $2.80). The shade in the above pic is "D BLUE/BRONZE". Really, F21? You couldn't even give it a cute name? Even I can come up with a name for this duo! How about "Fire & Ice"? See, it's easy! But hey, the price is right and those colors are pretty, so oh well.




Love & Beauty Select Shadows (retail: $2.80). These are eyeshadows as well, but since there are no blushes in the Love & Beauty collection, maybe you could use this shade, "FUCHSIA" as a blush.

Take a look at Love & Beauty and let me know what you think. Is there anything you're tempted to purchase?
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. I dont wanna sound like the makeup Grinch, but I'm still NOT impressed. On a trip to Spain,a big store called H&M had their own color and toiletries line, for this same price and the packaging, the colors and the big variety were way much attractive than this: girlier, funnier looks of the products and a nice price, aimed to young low budgets, or Primark, a big store that has the cheapest dupes of Benefit products like Moon Beam or 10!

    Definitely not impressed with ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just looked on the site and nothing really interests me, it looks pretty cheap tbh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'll skip these. They are affordable but i have a feeling it will be low quality makeup.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You ladies are one tough crowd! (And I love you for it!) lol! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bought two glitter eye liners in silver and blue. They stayed on, but I admit I was wary about putting something so cheap near my eyes. They were like, 3$ I believe. Anyhow, I needed something shiny for an emergency.

    I'm happy to say my eyes have not fallen off... and there was no allergic reaction. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sands! Wow, thank you for taking the time to give me the scoop on those liners. I'm so glad to know your eyes haven't fallen out. LOL!! :) And wow, it's great to know they have decent staying power. I have to say I'm impressed! :) xo

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig