Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Thursday, November 19, 2009

Bored with your nail polish stash? Well take a look at the Wet Paint Nail Glaze System!

I have to admit, after receiving lots of pitches recently for gimmicky products, I can usually spot something that's not going to work for me almost immediately. But I am an absolute sucker for any type of new concept concerning nail polish, so I immediately said "Yes!" when Wet Paint Nail Glaze System approached me about sending a kit for review.

If you haven't seen the infomercial, let me quickly explain the Wet Paint Nail Glaze System to you. In each kit, you get three shimmery, opaque Base Colors and three sheer, jelly-like Glaze Colors. Depending on the combination you use, you can achieve up to 18 different shades per kit (you apply one coat of Base Color and then either one or two coats of Nail Glaze, depending on what color you're trying to achieve).

At first I thought, "What's so special about these colors? Can't I just do that at home with the polishes I already own?" Yes, you can do it at home, but if you're anything like me, sometimes the combos I try at home result in less-than-pretty results. Plus, these polishes are actually formulated to be layered and work together perfectly. Also, in case you were curious, these polishes are the Big Three Free (no formaldehyde, DBP or toluene), and Wet Paint doesn't animal test. Yay and Yay!

So let's take a look:




The kit I received is "Comfortably Fun 1". There is also a pastel kit that features more of the pink and berry type shades, but you know I had to go for the one with the brightest, boldest colors. :)

This kit includes three Base Colors:


(I don't know about you but, to me, these shades are even gorgeous on their own)

And three Glaze Colors:



OK, now here's a swatch of my nails with JUST the Base Colors:



The first thing I noticed about the Base Colors is that they apply very smoothly and you can achieve a good level of opacity with just one coat. I was pretty darn impressed! Also, I love that the formula isn't thick or goopy and the brush is great as well. In my opinion, these are quality nail polishes and not some cheapy, gimmicky product, as you might expect them to be. You can tell that the creators really put some thought into the formula and application.

Here's the instructional guide you get with the kit:


I have to admit, the swatches in this picture left me convinced that a lot of these colors would look exactly the same, but as you'll see in my pics, that's not really the case.



So are you ready see what these colors transform into after applying the Glaze Colors? Here we go!

Anxious + Wild =



Edgy + Wild =



Numb + Wild =



Numb + Willful =



Numb + Wicked =



Edgy + Willful =




Anxious + Wicked =



Edgy + Wicked =




Anxious + Willful =



Anxious + Two Coats of Willful =



(Keep in mind that these are just 10 of the 18 color combinations you can achieve with this kit.)

So, what do you think? The only difficulty I had was with the Base Color "Anxious". Of all three Base Colors, this was the only one that applied a bit streaky (as you can see in the pic above). When I use it again, I think I'm going to use two coats and see how that works.

All in all, I was very pleasantly surprised with the Wet Paint Nail Glaze System. The polishes are of great quality and they apply nicely (they're not thick or goopy and I had no issues with bubbling). For $29.99 per kit, I don't think it's a bad deal. If you break it down, that's $5 per bottle, which is about the average price of a drugstore nail polish.

I also want to add that I used Orly Bonder as a base coat and Sally Hansen MegaShine Top Coat in all of the above pics. I've had these colors on my nails for three days now and I've experienced minimal wear on the tips and no chipping so far. You should see the looks I get--I'm rocking a crazy "skittles" mani and I kind of love it. :)

I would seriously consider giving a Wet Paint Nail Glaze System to that nail polish lover in your life who has everything. I think she'd be excited to break out this kit and start playing around. To make a lipstick analogy, think of this kit like getting three lipsticks and three lipglosses. You can wear each on its own, but it's always fun to layer and see what color you're going to get.

What do you think of the Wet Paint Nail Glaze System? Would you consider buying one for yourself or as a gift for a friend? I'd love to hear your thoughts!

A sample of this product was given to Nouveau Cheap for editorial purposes, either directly from the manufacturer or from the agency that works on behalf of the manufacturer. All reviews on NouveauCheap.blogspot.com are the honest opinion of its author and gratis samples do not, in any way, affect the outcome of product reviews.

SHARE:

8 comments

  1. OMG I want that kit! Looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Phyrra, with the wonderful way you use colors, this kit is a natural fit for you. I think you'd have SO much fun with it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my god, would I? Definitely! I absolutely adore all of the shades that you tried out, especially numb+willfull and edgy+willful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how cool - you get to mix your own color! I guess you can think of it as 18 different colors for $30 :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks so fun. Yet another thing to wish for this Christmas XD

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow! looks like such fun! this is def. going on my christmas wish list :) thanks for the review dear!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my

    this is so beautiful...I never heard of this before. OMG!! I really want one. This is amazing...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ladies! I am so glad I'm not alone in my excitement about this product! :) If any of you decide to purchase this kit (or receive it as a present this holiday season) I would absolutely love to know what you think of it! :) xo

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig