Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Saturday, September 5, 2009

Milani Limited Edition Nail Lacquers, Part Two

So I went back to CVS today in a hurry to return that orange glitter color I bought from the Milani Welcome Back Color collection (see yesterday's post for pics of the Black Magic and Welcome Back Color displays). You know how quickly Limited Edition products sell out so I didn't want to waste any time (I was already having nightmares that I'd walk into CVS to see all of these displays completely empty by the time I got there).

So first I want to thank everyone who commented yesterday about which color I should buy from the Black Magic collection. I got it down to two choices but I just couldn't pick one, so I bought them both. I know that's so indulgent (I mean really, who needs mulitple black glitter polishes?) but I couldn't help myself because, well, they're limited editions and they're gorgeous.

(All pics where taken after three coats and no base coat or top coat.)

I bought "Magical" which is the orange micro-glitter in a sheer black base:

(please click to enlarge these pics--they're even prettier when bigger)
(with flash)
(without flash)

Isn't this gorgeous? It reminds of a crazy night sky where all the stars are burning hot orange. Oh and I want to add that if this polish looks extra bumpy, it's not the glitter--I accidentally touched the tip of my finger so the bumps you see are my fingerprints. This formula actually isn't really too bumpy because the glitter is very fine. Also, these pics were taken after three coats. I achieved almost 100% opacity with two coats, but the third coat really brought out the orange so I went for it.

The second one I purchased was "Fairy Tale" which is the royal blue micro-glitter in a sheer black base:

(click to enlarge these--the color is so pretty!)

(with flash)

(without flash)

(This color is so beautiful I just had to throw in a third picture of it)

Boy oh boy are these shades gorgeous, and I'm SO happy to report that they are just as pretty on as they are in the bottle. The only complaint I have is that they take a while to dry, but I think that's because I'm not used to applying three coats (I'm a two-coat kind of girl because I have no patience). Other than that, they apply very smoothly and they're only streaky on the first coat (which is to be expected because the base is sheer black).

Also, I tried to snap some better pics of the Milani Welcome Back Color display so that you can get a better idea of these gorgeous pastels. I had the light bubblegum pink and the green in my basket for the entire time I was shopping but then put them back at the last minute. I'm so in love with the purple I bought yesterday that I just instantly wanted to buy more...but I don't really think I'd get much use out of the pink or green (at least not until next summer maybe?) so I couldn't justify it.

The back row is the creams and the row in front of that is the creams with the multi-colored micro-glitter and bar glitter (sorry that you can't see the glitter at all in these pics!):

(click pictures to super-size)

I still think it's kind of strange that the coral, green and purple colors are all creams but their glittery counterparts are shimmers, while the rest of them are creams with cream & glitter counterparts.


What colors do you want from these collections? I would LOVE to know what you've got your eye on!
SHARE:

7 comments

  1. Great choices lol.

    I have to go find the Black Magic. For Halloween sake, bright summery colours wouldn't stand a chance :-) I wonder what Milani colours would make it over here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fairy Tale looks like an exact match for Zoya's Kotori -- maybe even better if you only used 2 coats, because 2 coats of the Zoya was still opaque for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! I like them both! Good call on that royal blue too... I ordinarily wouldn't rock the glitter, but I could totally see myself wearing that one! I have those product nightmares too BTW. We really have issues!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, love these, can't wait to see them in person.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got the cream purple one a week ago and I just (literally, like 12:00am when I am picking up on sale paper towel)grabbed another cream based one in green.

    I am not that interested in the Dark magic though, black polish is too much for my tiny nailbeds.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Halifax! That's a good question. I wonder which ones you'll end up seeing in Canada! And I definitely think you should take the plunge and try a darker shade for the fall/winter. :) xo

    Hey Papaya Bunny! Wow, thank you for that great tip about the Zoya dupe! That is so good to know! :) Also, I actually used 3 coats in these pics, but I probably could have gotten by on two because it really wasn't streaky after two coats. xo

    Hey Amber! I totally think that these Black Magic polishes are the glitter polishes for girls who don't wear glitter. In real life, the glitter is so tiny and fine that it really just looks more like "color" than "glitter". Do you know what I mean? And also, YES, we do have issues! LOL!!! xoxo

    Hey Emilita! I hope you find these in your area soon! And if you do find them, I'd love to know what you think of them. :)

    Hey Citrine! It sounds like we have very similar taste! I am regretting not getting that green now. lol. Oh and how do you like the purple? I loooove it and I think it might be my favorite color of the season. It's so incredibly pretty, I can't stop staring at my nails when I wear it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are so pretty! I hope I can go to CVS before they're all gone since they're limited edition...

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig