Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Wednesday, August 5

New Giveaway: Six Auric Blends Perfume Oils!


[PLEASE NOTE: THIS CONTEST HAS ENDED. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO ENTER--A WINNER HAS ALREADY BEEN SELECTED. THANKS, Recessionsita]
If you read my review from earlier this week, you know I am a longtime fan of Auric Blends fragrances. In my opinion, Auric Blends makes some of the most beautiful, quality perfumes I've ever sniffed and they're all under $10 a bottle. Amazing!

So I am absolutely delighted to be hosting a giveaway, sponsored by Auric Blends, that contains ALL SIX OF THE PERFUME OILS I MENTIONED IN MY REVIEW! Yep, all of my favorites! Whoo hoo!

One lucky winner will receive all of my favorite fragrances from Auric Blends. Each bottle is a full-size roll-on of perfume oil (retail: $7, 1/3 oz.). The total retail value of this prize is $42.

The winner will receive one bottle each of the following perfumes (these are my descriptions of each fragrance from my original review):

Egyptian Goddess. Arguably their most popular fragrance, the ladies on the MakeupAlley.com fragrance board have much love for this fragrance and I completely understand why. If you've tried other Egyptian-type musks in the past, let me assure you that this is the best of the genre. It's a white musk that is blended so expertly, I defy you to try and pick out the other notes. They all blend together so beautifully that what you're left with is a soft, clean scent that brings to mind warm, fluffy sweaters and clean skin. That's about the best description I can give you. For you non-perfume-wearers out there, I say give this fragrance a shot because it goes against any preconceived notion of what perfume smells like. Also, it's great to use to layer with other scents.

Love. One of Auric Blends newest scents and an instant classic. I wore this the other day and a lady stopped me in a parking lot to tell me that I smelled "amazing". Love is Egyptian Goddess blended with some extra musk and woods notes. Now you might think that would equate to a stronger, more heavy fragrance but you'd be wrong. Love is light, ultra-clean, super soft and it encompasses you like a snuggly blanket. To my nose, this smells a lot like Narcisso Rodriguez for Her, which will set you back $160 a bottle. Why pay that insanely expensive price when you can get something just as wonderful for, um, SEVEN DOLLARS!

Honey Almond. Do you use the iconic Jergens Original Cherry Almond Lotion just because you love the smell? And have you ever thought to yourself, "I wish they made this scent in perfume form."? Well, my lovelies, wish no more because Auric Blends Honey Almond smells exactly like the classic Jergens lotion to me! Seriously, it's got that real almond note blended with a bit of cherry and a bit of honey. It's such a soft and comforting scent and it instantly brings me back to Jergens and being a kid again. Love it.

Vanilla Musk. OK. I'm going to speak to the hardcore fragrance junkies out there for a minute so bear with me. Fragrance junkies: If you love/own Etro Heliotrope (which retails for $90 a bottle) you must give Vanilla Musk a try. I personally am a huge fan of that candy-like, powdery vanilla quality of heliotrope, and this scent's got tons of it. I am in heaven here. Sheer bliss. So if you like your vanillas candy-sweet and powdery like me, you simply can't go wrong with this one. And again, you can get this for seven dollars! I feel like I'm stealing it for that price, I tell you.

Divine Opium. Are you a lover of the spicy-sweet scent of fresh carnations? Is the carnation note in YSL Opium the thing you love the most about that fragrance? Well instead of shelling out 100 bucks for something like Comme des Garcons Carnation why not try Auric Blends Divine Opium which, to my nose, smells like a bouquet of fresh carnations mixed with a sweet warmth that isn't too heavy on the patchouli but warm and sensual enough to keep things interesting.

Water Goddess. My new favorite scent. I cannot stop sniffing this one. According to the Auric Blends website this fragrance is composed of: A magnolia floral bouquet with touches of rose and violet, supported by a background of exotic woods and mosses. To my nose, I get the most lovely, invigorating combination of water, lemon, and fresh mint. Now I know those notes are not listed, but to me this fragrance smells as if you took some sparkling ice water and mixed it with fresh lemon wedges and tons of fresh mint leaves. It's a cooling, refreshing and uplifiting scent that I just cannot get enough of at the moment. If you're a clean, citrus, aquatic or minty scent lover, you've got to give this one a shot.


TO ENTER: Leave a comment on this post telling me which of the six Auric Blends fragrances featured in this giveaway you would wear first.


Contest Rules:

Giveaway ends 11:59PM Pacific on August 19th. I will select a winner via Random.org's List Randomizer. Winner will be notified by email on August 20th and will have 24 hours to respond or will forfeit prizes and another winner will be drawn.

Contest open to US and Canada only. Void where prohibited.
You must be 18 or over to enter.
If you leave more than one comment on this post, you will be disqualified.

And finally, I cannot stress enough:

If you do not leave a clear method of contact in your comment, you will be disqualified (email address must be in the comment or easily accessed via your profile). There are already a few entries on this post that did not leave any form of contact whatsoever. If I cannot contact you directly, you can't win. Got it? Good. :)

I am SOOOO excited to be able to offer you, my dear readers, such a lovely collection of prizes. Good luck!

SHARE:

214 comments

«Oldest   ‹Older   201 – 214 of 214
Anonymous said...

Egyptian Goddess would be the first one I would wear...I love the mysterious undertones of musk blends.
Tunisa
solemntruth@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

I would Love first. garrettsambo@aol.com

stacey B. said...

This looks great! I think I would wear the honey almond first.

Squiggles87 (at) aol.com

Helen said...

Honey Almond sounds wonderful. I love gourmand scents in the winter.

barblong said...

I would try the Egyptian Goddess first.

longbarb1(at)aol(dot)com

/\Heather/\ said...

I'd probably go with Water Goddess first, as it just sounds like me! For real!

Jinxy and Me said...

I would try Honey Almond - sounds awesome!

cman said...

Love :)

liliesrnice said...

I would try water goddess first!

masonsgranny59 said...

vanilla musk:)

Anonymous said...

Honey almond would be my first.

ladycat713@yahoo.com

lilyk said...

I would love to try the Honey Almond scent!

lilyk@mail2world.com

Anonymous said...

Water Goddess sounds lovely. I'll definately pick some up if there was a location nearby that sells this!

Thanks for hosting another giveaway!

Stacey
digital_bunny(at)hotmail(dot)com

Unknown said...

i would definitely wear 'love' first...who could resist an oil with that name? also i love narciso rodrigues' perfume, and if it's anything like that i know i'd LOVE it!!! xo
joeann.f@gmail.com

«Oldest ‹Older   201 – 214 of 214   Newer› Newest»
© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig