Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Thursday, July 30, 2009

Review: New Styli-Style 24-Hour Power Line & Seal Twist Eyeliner

If you're a loyal reader of this blog, then you know that I'm a huge fan of Styli-Style eyeliners. I've got to say that with my oily skin, I've yet to find a liner that stays put as well as Styli-Style liners (Revlon ColorStay liners and Prestige Total Intensity liners come close.). I've got very oily skin--especially in the summertime--and Styli-Style liners don't run or smudge for me, even on my lower lids, which is the real challenge.

So you can imagine my excitement when I saw these new Twist liners the other day at CVS, because I love love love automatic, no-sharpening-needed liners (like ColorStay). To think that the Styli-Style formula is now in an automatic pencil is a true dream-come-true because this is the one feature I always hoped for from Styli-Style.

I picked up the color Topaz (retail $6.49) which is a shimmery brownish bronze:



Now when I applied this liner to my eyes, I instantly knew it was going to be a winner. You get a smooth, thin line that you can smudge or keep clean, and there's no tugging or pulling. What I really love is the color! It's a beautiful cross between brown and bronze and there's just enough shimmer to make it interesting.

Here's the best part: I put this liner on at 9am and here's a picture taken at 4pm. Keep in mind I was driving around a lot and it was about 95 degrees on this day:


OMG, seriously? I am sooo used to seeing at least a bit of smudging (if not a lot) on my lower lid by this time of day, but there was NOTHING. This liner simply did not move. All day.

Honestly, look how crisp and clean these lines are! I can hardly believe it myself:

Ladies, I have found my Holy Grail eyeliner.

Now of course I cannot guarantee that this liner will work this way for you, but what I can tell you is this: If all other long-wear liners don't work for you, you simply must give Styli-Style Twist a shot. I think you might be very pleasantly surprised.

I am headed back to CVS this week to pick up one in every color.

For a list of colors or to purchase online, check out the Styli-Style website. But I should warn you, I think they mislabeled the color I purchased, "Topaz", because I don't see it on the site. But it is available at CVS.

Have you tried these new Twist liners? I'd love to know your thoughts.
SHARE:

7 comments

  1. i saw these at cvs but wasnt sure whether to buy one or not because i thought it looked too cheap. but it looks like it really stayed put! so i definitely think i'll give this a shot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does it come off easily? Or does it take a lot to remove it at the end of the day?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey giz89! Oh believe me, it's not cheap at all in terms of performance! If you get one, I'd love to know your thoughts! :)

    Jackie! I cannot believe I forgot to mention that in my review. Thank you SO much for asking. Removing this liner is so easy! It comes off no problem with my regular cleanser. No makeup remover needed! I seriously do not understand how Styli-Style does it, but this is my perfect liner, hands-down. Especially since I detest using makeup remover. lol. Thanks so much for asking that great question! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this review was very helpful. That eyeliner looks amazing on you! I'm gonna give this a try the next time I go eyeliner shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Belle! Thank you so much for the compliment! I would love to know what you think if you pick one of these liners up. I am loving it more every day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree, this is one of the VERY BEST brands of eye liner on the market! Nobody should let the price deter them, if anything it's just a bonus that these are so cheap. I've tried hundreds of liners from dollar store brand to hollywood high-end, and I always go back to Styli-Style 24 hr liners. They also make a felt tip liner that makes an awesome 'cat eye'. Recently, I found another fave by a company called Mattify Cosmetics. They sell a powder shadow that, when used with a damp liner brush, makes an awesome liner that lasts all day. For people with super oily skin these products all work wonders!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heey, can you buy Styli Styles anywhere else? like any other stores .. cuz I have been looking for a good liner but have not suceeded so far :/

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig