Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Saturday, July 4, 2009

Honest Scrap Tag

In case you're not aware, there are "tags" that go around in the blogging community and sometimes they're really cute and fun. I've decided to take part in the Honest Scrap Tag because it came from a real sweetheart, Caramel Diva, and it also sounds like a fun thing to do on the 4th of July. :)

Because I've been tagged, I have to share with you, my dear readers, ten things that you may not know about me, but are 100% true (I guess no matter how embarrassing that may be!). Here we go:

1. I'm left-handed. This gives me pretty much only ONE advantage in life: I can use a drive-thru ATM without having to reach across my body.

2. I like tomatoes in a salad, but I hate them on a sandwich.

3. I've been told by many people throughout my life that I have a soothing voice and that I could be a radio DJ or do voice-over work. I would LOVE to do either one of those jobs, and I actually used to be a recurring guest on a local radio show many, many years ago. I was friends with the DJ of an evening show and I'd call in as the "ditsy young girl" character every so often on his show. lol.

4. My favorite color is pale pink (but it's got to be the exact right shade of pale pink).

5. In a perfect world, there would only be one brand of pen: Pilot Precise V5 Fine Point (not Very Fine Point). Don't waste your time trying to convince me that there is a better pen in existence. I'll win that debate every time. :)

6. In recent years, I've come to appreciate the beauty of a plain cheese pizza.

7. I was a child of the 80s and I maintain, to this day, that I was the first person in my entire elementary school to wear leg warmers. Also, I was the first person in my entire junior high school to rock an asymmetrical bob. I swear, I really was. The sad part is, now, I'm probably the least fashion-forward person of anyone I know. What the hell happened?

8. I am a super freaky, geeky, waaaay-too-into-it-for-my-own-good fan of the TV show Lost.

9. I'm also a news junkie and subcribe to just as many news and political blogs as I do beauty blogs. What's more important than knowing what's going on in the world around you, right?

10. It sort of irritates me when people say, "I have a new blog up!" Your site in general is called a "blog", which originates from the term "web-log". When you write a new article on your "blog", it's called a "post". You don't write new "blogs" for your "blog". :)
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. Thank you for doing the tag...I laughed at the left handed part...I wish i didn't have to reach across to use the atm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite pen is also Pilot Precise V5 Fine Point Xcept I prefer the Very Fine Point. These are the only pens with which I can write legibly.

    Not a beauty item, but still about beauty...

    ReplyDelete
  3. R, we have a lot in common. I am left-handed as well. If I smear ink one more time...

    I also totally agree about the "blog" verses "post" or "entry" terms. I cringe when people say "Upcoming blogs." I also have an obsession with pens. My favorite, however, are Le Pens, which are found at Michaels. Speaking of which, I need to buy a pen soon.
    thanks for sharing!
    T (happyface)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, I was laughing at this so hard... more like laughing WITH you, not at you! Oh, you know what I mean! So, you mean to tell me you were the girl I was showing my Mom the asymmetrical haircut on and she told me I couldn't get it cut like that?

    ;)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Caramel Diva--thank YOU for tagging me! This was so much fun to write. :)

    Oceanwoman--so true! It is not beauty-related yet so related to beauty. (And I will say that the Very Fine Point works for me, in a pinch). :)

    T--doesn't surprise me one bit that we have these things in common! :)

    Amber--Aaah, thank you for validating my haircut choice! lol. It was difficult to be such a trendsetter and risk so much criticism and scrutiny at such a young age. :) I suffered for almost a year with people looking at me with their heads turned to the side and saying, "Oh, NOW your hair looks straight to me!" lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That last one made me laugh. I agree!

    ReplyDelete
  7. "blog" vs "post"...you are SO right!!!..and left-handers DO rule the world..(me, my hubby and my son)...And one word for "fashion" falling to the wayside? LIFE.......

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey ndoodles and josi! Thank you so much for backing me up on that one! It's frustrating that so many bloggers refer to posts/entries as blogs, so hopefully we can spread the word and end the misuse! lol.

    And josi, I feel a lot better after reading your comment about fashion. Being behind in the trends means I actually have a life? Love it! Lefties unite! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig