Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Monday, July 13, 2009

Confessions of a Color-Hoarder...

I am so excited to share this with you, my dear readers! One of my favorite online communities in the whole world, weheartthis, asked me to be a guest blogger recently and I was honored to take them up on this offer. Tyna and Stef, the owners of wehearthis, are two of the coolest chicks you'd ever want to meet, plus we have so much in common it's crazy. (Fun fact: Back in the 90s they were contestants on Supermarket Sweep! How freaking cool is that?).

If you're unfamiliar with wehearthis, it's a community devoted to all of the things women "heart", ranging from beauty to fashion to food to clothes to books to tv shows to music and more. There are reviews, recipes, a "chick chat" forum, and so many other little gems to discover on this site. In fact, last week was a theme week devoted to all things youtube and, because of weheartthis, I was able to find some true youtube gems that somehow escaped me all these years.

Do you ever stumble across a website that just plain speaks to you? Where every single post manages to be about something you totally find interesting? That is wehearthis for the Recessionista. So it was truly an honor to be their guest-blogger and I hope you enjoy my piece on being a chronic color-hoarder. If you are a loyal reader of Nouveau Cheap, then you know my tendency to purchase pinky-brown lipsticks, so you know this piece is coming straight from heart.

Click here to take a look, and please let me know what you think!
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. It was our pleasure to have the one and only Recessionista contribute to the site! Thanks so much for you awesome article - we know a lot of color hoarders that will appreciate it! Also, thanks you so much for your kind word about we heart this - you are a doll!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Tyna! It was an absolute joy to write that post and I am so happy that you both liked what I had to say! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. R, great article. So true too!
    Congrats on getting your word and voice out.
    T (happyface)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, thanks so much, T! I really appreciate that! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol, I've just visited the website and it's really good!! How come I didn't know about it b4. Well, I'm glad I do now. Congrats to you! =D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Beda! Thank you so much! I'm glad that I could help you discover weheartthis--it is one of my all-time faves. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, ok, now I have both a new favorite blog AND a new fave website. Thanks for the info, and for being my twin! Truthfully, I could set up a tent in walgreens and just hang out for hours. My husband knows that if I had some time to kill, and he hasn't heard from me in a while, I'm prolly hanging out in the cosmetics and hair section at the neighborhood store. lol. =) Seriously, we all should have a humongous sleep-over and play make-up and chick flix all weekend! lol, this is great fun! keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Jen!! Welcome to my life! lol!! Seriously, I almost feel guilty going into Walgreens, Rite-Aid and CVS as this point because I feel like the employees are all saying to each other, "Oh look. It's HER again." lol!

    I'm so happy that you stumbled upon my blog and found something here that resonates with you. That is WONDERFUL! And I know you will love we heart this--it's simply awesome. It's like the online equivalent of "makeup and chick flix"!

    Please feel free to comment here as much as you want (I will NEVER look at you weird like how the Walgreens employees look at me!). xo

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig