Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Tuesday, June 2, 2009

A Marshalls Alert and some new Ardell products at Rite-Aid




I seem to be doing a lot of non-reviews lately but I keep finding things that I want to bring to your attention as quickly as possible, so please stay tuned for more actual reviews in the next few days.

That said, I want to tell you that I spotted HUGE pump bottles of Giovanni shampoos and conditioners (33 oz) for $12.99 at Marshalls yesterday (I didn't even know they made Giovanni products in this size!). This is a substantial savings considering an 8.5 oz bottle costs around $8 at Target, Rite-Aid and CVS. If you're unfamiliar with Giovanni products, they are vegan, they don't contain SLS, they're cruelty-free and--here's the best part--they actually work (that's more than I can say for some other all-natural lines).

Now they didn't have my favorite Direct Leave-in conditioner, however they did have the much-coveted Tea Tree Triple Treat Invigorating Shampoo and Conditioner which soooo many people love (the shampoo is great for clarifying because it doesn't strip your color and yet somehow it still manages to actually clarify). They also had the Smooth as Silk Deep Conditioning Shampoo & Conditioner, which I actually have yet to try personally but have heard good things about.

I intentionally took the picture so that you could see the "normal" sized products to the left-hand side of the Giovanni products, just to show you how huge these bottles are...I'm still blown away that they even sell these products in super-size bottles!

Next up: I spotted some new Ardell products at my local Rite-Aid and one of them makes me SO happy! Now, excuse the pics but I had to take them quickly and in a stealth-like manner because the security guy at Rite-Aid thought I was trying to shoplift and was watching me like a hawk. Somehow I don't think he would have believed me if I tried to explain to him that I was actually doing product research and that I spend MORE than enough money in his store to have earned the right to meander through the cosmetics aisles, and that I'm actually the type of person who drives back to a store to return money (when I see that I've been given back too much in change) to prevent the clerk's register from coming up short and having that money taken out of his/her paycheck...but anyway...

I'm super excited to FINALLY see Ardell Brow & Lash Growth Accelerator at my local Rite-Aid because of the complete and total frenzy about this product a few years back (third picture, bottom product, second row on the left, $4.19). I actually ordered a tube of it online during the frenzy but for one reason or another I just never got around to using it consistently to see if it would actually work on my lashes. So now I have my chance and I don't have to pay shipping fees!

Also, another new product I spotted was the Ardell LashMagic Blending Mascara which is designed to be used to blend your false lashes in with your real lashes, making the false lashes "virtually undetectable" (second picture, product on the far right for $4.99). Brilliant idea, but I wonder if it works? If you've tried it, I'd love to hear your thoughts!

That's it for now, but please stay tuned because it's the beginning of the month and time for my monthly installments of "What's in my bag?" and "Bargains of the Month" which I will post in the next day or two :)
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig