Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Monday, March 2, 2009

DIY Foaming Hand Soaps...ugh or fun?


OK, I know that a lot of people add some water to their almost-empty foaming hand soaps to extend their use. I guess that's OK, but it seems like the product would be too diluted to really make your hands feel clean. So I did some research and I think I like this method best:

Take your empty bottle of foaming hand soap and rinse it well with hot water.

Next, choose your favorite liquid dish soap (soooo many nice new scents are available these days!). Mix 1 part liquid dish soap to 7 parts bottled water (I added the "bottled" because I don't feel comfortable using tap water...weird, I know, since we're presumably washing our hand with tap water) and if you're still skeeved out by this but want to try it, add 1 drop of bleach to the mixture. Or, you can add a dash of alcohol to the mix if you want "anti-bacterial" handsoap.

Don't SHAKE your bottle, but gently turn it upside down a few times and viola! It should work like a charm. I'll let you know when I've actually done it. I'm pretty serious about trying this, ladies, because I just can't afford to continue my love affair with $5 bottles of Bath & Body Works foaming hand soap during this recession.

PS: If you own Dr. Bronner's liquid soap, I hear that you can use a simple 50-50 ratio of soap to water and it works beautifully in a foaming pump dispenser. Aaaah, yet another use for Dr. B's magic elixir!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig