Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Thursday, April 27, 2017

Spotted: New CoverGirl 2017 Products for Lips, Face and Eyes (New Too Faced Melted Dupe?)

image credit: @rockgirlmaxim84 for Nouveau Cheap

If you're feeling like it's been forever since I've done a "spotted at the drugstore" post, IT HAS! It has been a crazy year for me both with the blog and in life in general, but my goal moving forward is to get back to bringing you a variety of posts (more sightings, more product reviews and more beauty news in addition to deals) so hopefully you'll enjoy some different content moving forward!

Today I'd like to share with you some CoverGirl drugstore sightings and new product info. Thanks to readers @rockgirlmaxim84 and @yvonne121780 for these sightings--they both spotted these new collections at Walgreens this week and were nice enough to share pics with us.

image credit: @rockgirlmaxim84 for Nouveau Cheap
NEW CoverGirl Vitalist Healthy Elixir Foundation

@rockgirlmaxim84 spotted this display at her local Walgreens this week, and @yvonne121780 also spotted it and confirmed that the Walgreens price is $14.99 (1.0 oz.). She purchased a bottle and shared this pic:

image credit: @yvonne121780 for Nouveau Cheap

image credit: @yvonne121780 for Nouveau Cheap

This foundation comes in 14 shades and it is now available on Amazon as and Add-On for $9.99.

From Amazon:


Discover healthy looking skin, bottled! New Vitalist Elixir Foundation contains Vitamins E, B3, B5 plus SPF 20. This full-coverage foundation makes skin glow with a healthy look, from inside out.

How To Apply:

Step 1: Start with a freshly cleaned and primed face.

Step 2: Apply a small amount of foundation to forehead, cheeks, tip of nose and chin.

Step 3: Blend thoroughly.

Step 4: Build as desired.

There are more pics and info on the CoverGirl site here, where the price is listed at $11.49. That's sort of the middle point between the Walgreens price ($14.99) and the Amazon price ($9.99).

image credit: @rockgirlmaxim84 for Nouveau Cheap
NEW CoverGirl Total Tease Mascara

@rockgirlmaxim84 also spotted the new Total Tease Mascara display at her local Walgreens and kindly shared this pic. This mascara comes in both washable and waterproof formulas.


image credit: @rockgirlmaxim84 for Nouveau Cheap

This mascara is now available on Amazon here for $10.49. 

From Amazon:

Full. Long. Refined. Sexy, teased lashes! Total Tease Mascara darkens and thickens lashes for maximum lash definition. Tease with ease for ultimate separation with our smudge defying formula. our specialized detailing tip allows for no-mess targeted application and gives you a precision tease just where you need it. 
  • Get fine-tuned separation with the Lash Teasing Comb
  • Tease clumpy lashes away
  • Product channels build lashes while bristles zones separate and define
  • Ophthalmologically tested
How to Apply:

Step 1: Curl eyelashes if desired.

Step 2: Sweep Total Tease onto eyelashes.

Step 3: Apply multiple coats for added volume.





More new CoverGirl products coming soon to a drugstore near you:



The new CoverGirl Melting Pout Liquid Lipstick comes in 12 shades which you can view on the CG website here. The retail price is $7.49 but I'm guessing it could be higher/lower depending on where you buy it. 

From the CoverGirl website:

Stop the world and melt with COVERGIRL liquid lipstick! This all-new high-impact, opaque lip color is rich, creamy and compares to a $20 liquid lipstick. The soft touch precision applicator is cushiony and comfortable so lip color glides on smooth delivering a satin finish that's not sticky or tacky.

Step 1
To make your lip look last, apply Farewell Feathering to the outside edge of lips

Step 2
Use the soft touch applicator to apply Melting Pout Liquid Lipstick onto lips

Step 3
Blot excess lip color using tissue

Notice how they say, "compares to a $20 liquid lipstick"? I'm guessing that's a reference to the Too Faced Melted Liquefied Lipsticks which are $21. As if you couldn't figure that out on your own with the word "melting" in the title! I'm wondering how these will compare to the L.A. Girl and Maybelline dupes. Hum...


CoverGirl is also coming out with a new invisible lip liner called Farewell Feathering Lip Liner ($7.99). This liner is being marketed to pair well with the Melting Pout Liquid Lipsticks (see copy above). More info about this product on the CG site here.


This is the new CoverGirl Easy Breezy Brow Powder Kit ($10.49). This kit comes in four shade options which you can view on the CG site here.

There are a few other new products that you can view on the CG website here, if you're interested.

What are your thoughts about these new CG products? Anything catching your eye? Have you spotted any of these new products out in the wild yet?

Thanks again,  @rockgirlmaxim84 and @yvonne121780, for the great sightings and pics!

SHARE:

12 comments

  1. This foundation is also available in 6 shades at Ulta.com! 11.99

    ReplyDelete
  2. Literally JUST seen the foundation on the "whats new" on Ulta.com....excited to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw these today at My Walgreens with a tester. They have remodeled the whole makeup Dep there. I couldn't get it work but didn't have a lot of time. They also had one of the New Tease Wanda out in the display to feel. Very flexible. We may behind in times here that happens a lot in middle of the country. But my IG acct under Joycehchitwood shows some Sinful nail polishes I got for .15 cents a piece. Yes u read that right. It's not one of the Big stirs. They have and cap with a basket of polishes from SC and Essie I don't see what they were. I also got some Rimmel lipsticks in the Kate line for .59 cents and Lash glue amd a Max Factor lipstick. They were clearing out ALOt of cosmetic items and had heard even lashes. The displays now have lights with name of the Brands. Just like Walmart did here also. And now carry some Milani products. But we r not getting the new Kokie cosmetics like some Walmart stores r. I know a lady that checked her store and there were not any sales like I got. So may be just here. Like I said In state of Ok or my town?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait for product reviews to come in for the foundation! The ingredients are good for the skin and has SPF to boot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Finally some new products! G, it's not your lack of posts it's the drugstore brands' lack of new product! I remember not too long ago when every brand did a Spring collection and a Fall and usually a Holiday, etc. Now we get nothing! What is going on? Only WNW seems to do this. But I digress...these new offerings look nice. CG foundation is always a win in my book. The mascara looks interesting but sort of reminds me of benefit Roller Lash, which I hate. Lately I have been having trouble finding a mascara I really like. I might try this if it is on sale. I have sworn off buying any new mascara until I use up all my samples but this brush looks like it might work for me. (And what is up with these high prices for CG?!? $10.49 for mascara on Amazon translates to $12 or $13 at Walgreens/CVS. Not much cheaper than high end brands).

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm going to have to try that mascara. I miss cover girl's lash perfection

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tooootally unrelated, but this got me thinking new drugstore brand release + Walgreens + summertime is coming and is it just me or has Wet-n-Wild not really been doing their seasonal releases these past few months? I know they've come out with new products (cushion foundation, etc.) but I used to love that they'd come out with new collections for just about every season/holiday that would have fun 3-pan shadows, lipsticks, and nail polishes. Any insider info, G.?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thy just released a big spring collection like a month ago

      Delete
  8. I'm excited to find these displays! And I hope you are able to get back to basics with more reviews and even "spotted" and vintage vault kind of things instead if all the posts about sales.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am curious about that mascara. The brush looks interesting. CG foundations have always done well by me, though lately I've been more into the NYX Total Control foundation. (Why are the prices so high for these? I guess their goal is to say they're as good a higher-end things, but when they creep closer to Clinique prices, I'd rather go to Sephora and score free samples, do some swatching and earn points.) (I know you can get points at CVS and Walgreens, but I always enjoy a better payoff at Sephora with the deluxe samples, etc.)

    ReplyDelete
  10. yaaaasssssss a new CG mascara! For the most part I LOVE their mascaras so a new one is always a must buy for me!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lisa J, an MUA on YouTube, just posted a review on her channel and said that she was pretty impressed with this CG foundation. I'll have to check out Walgreens as I didn't spot it in CVS.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig