The most-asked question I have received over the past few weeks is, "G, do you know when the Sephora VIB sale starts?"
I have been wanting to answer this question for you for about two weeks now, and have received many great tips from several of you about the start-date (thank you!!), but I wanted to wait until I heard from readers who actually received their VIB passes in the mail before doing my usual post, just to avoid any confusion. There have been lots of "I heard..." and "So and so heard..." types of rumors going around, and while I appreciate those tips so much, I hope you understand that I needed to see something in print--from Sephora--before doing this post.
Thanks so much to readers Pamb, ChiChi20 and Samantha K. for confirming this week that they received their cards in the mail (snail mail)! So now I can officially confirm all of the dates and info below.
SEPHORA SPRING 2017 VIB SALE DATES:
- ROUGE MEMBERS - April 18th - 24th
- From 4/18 - 4/24, Rouge members will receive 15% off all purchases in-store and online, including Sephora inside JCPenney locations. Sephora will mail/email you a code to use for your discount (if you don't get the email/mail, the code is ROUGESPRING). You may use this code both online and in-store AS MANY TIMES AS YOU WANT (no limit) on whatever you want (no brand restrictions, but you will not receive a discount if you purchase Sephora gift cards, a Flash subscription, or a Play! subscription). On April 18th only: if you are Rouge and visit your local Sephora store on this date, you can bring a friend and both you and your friend will receive 15% off all purchases (even if your friend is not Rouge). Both you and your friend will also receive a FREE Sephora canvas tote bag (on April 18th only, in-store only), while supplies last. You can see a pic of the tote here (you may have to scroll back a few pages by the time you read this if you don't see the pic on the first page).
- VIB MEMBERS - April 19th - 24th
- From 4/19 - 4/24, VIB members will receive 15% off all purchases in-store and online, including Sephora inside JCPenney locations. Sephora will mail/email you a code to use for your discount (if you don't get the email/mail, the code is VIBSPRING). You may use this code both online and in-store AS MANY TIMES AS YOU WANT (no limit) on whatever you want (no restrictions, but you will not receive a discount if you purchase Sephora gift cards, a Flash subscription, or a Play! subscription).
- BEAUTY INSIDERS - April 20th - April 23rd
- From 4/20 - 4/23, Beauty Insiders will receive 10% off all purchases in-store and online, including Sephora inside JCPenney locations. Sephora will mail/email you a code to use for your discount (if you don't get the email/mail, the code is BISPRING). You may use this code both online and in-store AS MANY TIMES AS YOU WANT (no limit) on whatever you want (no restrictions, but you will not receive a discount if you purchase Sephora gift cards, a Flash subscription, or a Play! subscription).
TIPS (PLEASE BE SURE TO READ THROUGH ALL BULLET POINTS!):
- Since your discount is valid only with a code, that means that any deluxe freebie codes you may want to use with your online orders will NOT be valid if you also want the discount. You cannot stack codes on the Sephora website, so you'll have to decide if you want the discount or a deluxe freebie.
- If you are on the borderline of becoming VIB or Rouge, I believe that you're out of luck in terms of making it in time for this event. Per several of you who received emails about this from Sephora, the cut-off date to become VIB or Rouge in time for this event was 4/10/17. If you become VIB or Rouge after 4/10, I do not believe that you will receive your new status in time for this event. But of course you can always call Sephora customer service to double-check: 1-877-SEPHORA (1-877-737-4672).
- Sephora always releases new Sephora Favorites sets in time for this event. I will be posting some reader-submitted pics tomorrow (4/12) of new sets spotted at Sephora and Sephora inside JCPenney locations. This is a great time to grab these value sets since they're already a great value and the extra discount makes them even better!
- Speaking of great deals, I want to remind you that this discount also applies to Sale Page items. And historically, Sephora sometimes surprises us by adding new items to the sale page several times throughout this event. I can't say for sure they'll do that this time around, but I would check the sale page every single day, just to be safe, since you know how quickly sale items can sell out (especially with this extra discount)!
- Historically, I usually do a blog post right before the event with some personal recommendations. I will do my best to get that post up before the event begins, in case you need some ideas! I try not to include anything obvious in my recommendations (super popular palettes, etc.) because I feel like everyone always recommends those. So my recommendations will include things that are off the beaten path (things that don't get much attention but I think are worth considering). So please check back soon for that post, and please get YOUR suggestions ready since I love it when we all share our personal recs with one another!
- Now seems like a good time to remind you of Sephora Flash. If you don't already have this subscription (or your Rouge status already gives you free shipping), I HIGHLY suggest that you sign up for Sephora Flash HERE. For $10 a year, this gives you free 2-day shipping on ALL orders for one full year. The subscription starts when you sign up, meaning that anything else you order when you sign up will ship free, no minimum required. This subscription literally pays for itself after two orders, so if you plan on ordering more than twice per year at Sephora, sign up! NOTE: you cannot use your VIB sale discount to purchase Sephora Flash (meaning, you won't get a discount on the $10) but you can USE your Flash subscription during this sale to receive free shipping on your orders.
One more thing! I haven't heard any rumors about Sephora releasing new products at the start of this sale. I believe that for the last VIB sale event, they launched brand new Tarte and/or Kat Von D products on the first day of the event (my memory's fuzzy about that but I think those were the brands?), so Rouge members were able to purchase them with their discounts before anyone else. If you have heard that they're doing this again, I would love if you shared your tips below (thank you!).
Thanks again, Pamb, ChiChi20 and Samantha K., for the great tips!