Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Wednesday, October 5, 2016

I'm Obsessed with This Affordable Lipstick & Lipgloss Storage Hack

image credit: @beautybydaisyweigt  for Nouveau Cheap
Toho Bead Tube Holder by Darice, used for liquid lipstick and lipgloss storage

I'm all about finding affordable and functional storage hacks at the craft store, office supply store, etc.! I still use my Staples Rotating Desk Organizer for various brushes and makeup, and today I have a new one for you.

Thanks so much to reader @beautybydaisyweigt on Instagram for sharing this idea and her beautiful pic above (and I'd also like to give a shout-out to @sittin_pretty420 on Instagram, who is the person that @beautybydaisyweigt said she got this idea from).

This is the Toho Bead Tube Holder by Darice, which holds a whopping 56 tubes of lipstick/lipgloss and retails for around $7 at Michael's (I couldn't locate it online--you can check for yourself here--but it is available in-store). If you find it in-store, @beautybydaisyweigt confirmed that Michael's has a 50% off any one item coupon this week, so you can get it for $3 and change!

If you don't live near a Michael's, I did find this organizer on Amazon HERE ($9.99 + free shipping; sold and shipped by a private seller) wow you guys are fast! That is now sold out but you can still get it on Amazon HERE for $16.89 + free shipping (sold and shipped by a private seller). I also found this organizer on eBay HERE ($9.25 + $3.90 shipping). There are also some other affordable bead tube holders/test tube racks on eBay HERE, which seem like they would do the trick if you wanted a different style (just be sure to check the measurements before buying!). One more thing: I found the Toho Bead Tube Holder on this website for $3, but I have never ordered from that website--if any of you HAVE ordered from that retailer, I would love to hear from you. Shipping is $7.95 unless you spend $75 and then it's free. Oh and I checked Joann but I couldn't find the Toho Bead Tube Holder there (you can check for yourself HERE). But maybe it's in-store?

PLEASE NOTE: @beautybydaisyweigt confirmed that while the Toho Bead Tube Holder by Darice does hold standard lipstick and lipgloss tubes (you can see the brands of lip products she put in the holder in her pic), this holder does NOT fit bigger tubes. For instance, she said that it does not fit MAC lipstick tubes. So just keep that in mind.

Thanks again, @beautybydaisyweigt, for the great idea and photo!
SHARE:

38 comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm guessing it will be right in the same aisle as all of the other beading supplies. :)

      Delete
  2. I saw this on IG last night too and got so excited! I hope to check out the Michaels store this week for it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Robin, I freaked out when she tagged me on her pic! What a genius idea, right?? I hope you find it this week (and I hope I do, too!). xo

      Delete
  3. Oh man, I actually have Toho bead tubes and need this for both that AND lipsticks! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darn, I would go get one now but this hurricane has made traffic a nightmare. (Plus, I'm not sure Michaels is even open now).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please stay safe! Nothing is worth the risk to your safety--especially makeup! xo

      Delete
    2. Thanks G, still have no power but everyone is safe and the house is good. Praying for Haiti though, those people have gone through so much.

      Delete
  5. I found one at one store. There is only two michaels in my area. :(. I went as soon as I saw this on ig

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I'm so glad you were able to get one! Yay!!!

      Delete
  6. http://www.michaels.com/darice-bead-organizer-with-storage-containers/10164848.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, but not the same one! The holes in that one are one inch in diameter, so I'm pretty sure the lipstick tubes are going to flop around too much and not stand upright (unless they're huge!). :)

      Delete
  7. Very cool! I love a reason to go to Michael's. Will undoubtedly get Halloween ideas while I am there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, Abbi! Give me a REASON to go to Michael's? Say no more. ;)

      Delete
  8. Thank you! My 4 Muji boxes arrived today and now I need to drive across town and buy this, too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whoa, great tip! Definitely need to look out for this at Michaels. Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey G, Michaels also has their craft storage for 50% PLUS a 20% extra off coupon for SALE craft storage!! I bought a few of the metal 4 drawer cube and it is SO good for makeup storage.. and it is easy to assemble. It is regularly priced at $50, but it comes out to be $20 after the 50% off and the 20% extra.. I can send you pictures of my set-up - if you'd like. Let me know!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sharing this! I cant wait to see what they look like. Ive got so much makeup and samples in need of atorage. They live in Ulta and Sephora boxes all over our bathroom :(

      Delete
    2. Scarlet - I just bought another cube to add on.. Once I get it put together and set up - I will email G.. Hopefully by Monday.. I was the same exactly way - using boxes and totes for makeup storage.. it was insane!

      Delete
  11. I love finding organisers for cosmetics from 'unlikely' sources! Since you brought up MAC lipsticks I was reminded of a holder that was actually an ice cube tray. It was one that was for rounded cubes and it fit the MAC lipsticks tops perfectly when they are upside down. That way the names are visible and if you had a large collection you could store them for cheap!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You amaze me. I was asleep when your blog came. I read this and followed the updates. So very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great idea! Mine collection is pretty irregular but if I ever standardize on one size :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooohhhh!!! I have been wanting a way to better store my Colour Pop lippies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Got my hands on this! Ended up only be $3.17!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I found the tube holder in Michael's stores - they were $5.99, and I was able to use the 50% off regular price items and the extra 20% off all craft storage (I bought 3) so it's perfect! Thank you for the awesome tip!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Found the tube holder today at Michaels during lunch. 97005.

    ReplyDelete
  18. It seems Michael's doesn't carry the Toho brand

    ReplyDelete
  19. I swung by Joanns today (10/10) and spotted the Toho bead organizer. It rang up at $1.97. Holds 56.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I spotted the Toho bead organizer at Joann today (10/10). Price check rang up as $1.97

    ReplyDelete
  21. I hope I can find these in store since I'm not having any luck online with Michael's or JoAnn's

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig