Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Tuesday, July 19, 2016

New K-Beauty Department at iHerb (and Why This is Great News)


Thanks so much to readers Tanya and KD for the great tips about this one!

I love iHerb and have ordered from them for many years now, for things like makeup, skincare, bath & body, and food (they sell my favorite tea in the entire world at a great price). So when Tanya and KD commented recently about how iHerb now has a K-beauty department HERE, I pretty much squealed. They now carry TONYMOLY, The Face Shop, Innisfree, Misha, and more!

The prices seems pretty competitive compared to other US retailers that sell K-beauty products. As Tanya pointed out, they carry the Missha Perfect Cover BB Cream SPF 42 for $13.75 (1.7 oz.), while Target.com sells exact same size for $22. Granted, iHerb only carries shades Light Beige and Natural Beige for now, but if either of those are your shade, that's a great deal. I love that BB cream and reviewed it several years ago--I'm super stoked that I happen to wear the shade Light Beige (I'm a MAC NC20 for reference).

OTHER GREAT THINGS ABOUT IHERB:

They DO NOT CHARGE SALES TAX and they offer free shipping on orders $20+ within the continental US. They also offer discounted shipping on international orders of $40+. Also, once you sign up for an account (free), you will earn a 10% off loyalty credit for your next purchase. In other words, every time you place an order, you get 10% off your NEXT order. And they also tend to run great daily deals with deep discounts like this one for $1.99 which are available for one day only, as well as other sales on beauty, etc. that pop up on a regular basis.

Thanks again, Tanya and KD, for the great tips!
SHARE:

11 comments

  1. Wow!! those are some VERY competitive prices. Man, I love iHerb. Order from them almost every week, did that yesterday. My whole family in Poland orders from iHerb :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy to hear that you (and your family) are fans of iHerb too! I just ordered from them recently as well. Nothing too exciting though (coconut oil for cooking, teas and chia seeds). Lol. :)

      Delete
  2. The prices seem hit or miss. The Laneige water sleeping mask is $24 at Target but it's $32 at iHerb.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good catch! Thanks, jz. Looks like we'll have to comparison shop on a case by case basis.

      Delete
  3. To be honest it is still a lot cheaper to buy it from Korean Sellers on Ebay. I get all of my products from a store called beautynetkorea. Also Missha has a US website which once in awhile has some good sales (40%) and Gift with purchase, so it is worth keeping an eye on for restocking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, this is why I said the prices are competive with other US retailers. Some people don't like to wait a few weeks for shipping from eBay, Amazon and other sellers who are shipping directly from Korea, so I wanted to be sure everyone knew about this new option. I've blogged several times over the years about how you can get Korean products for less if you order from Korean sellers (and I've also posted about many Missha US sales...just recently I posted about their last 40% off sitewide sale) but I definitely should have made that more clear in my blog post, for newer readers! So thanks for taking the time to share--I was so excited to get this up that I neglected to reiterate those things. :)

      Delete
    2. But with iherb you don't have to wait 2+ weeks to get your purchase, as everything is already through customs when you order. I bought some stuff tuesday from iherb, it's out for delivery today. Their return process is really easy too, trying to return something through ebay can be a nightmare if it's an international seller

      Delete
  4. Oooooh! I definitely squealed. I *love* all things K-beauty, even though if you were to ask me to go into detail I'd just mutter "serum ..... bee venom .... snails?" and then change the subject. So nice to have so many brands in one place to peruse and read about and try -- I know there are tons of other ways to get these brands (eBay, Amazon, etc.) but it's nice to find them in one (reputable) place and at a decent price. Thanks, G.!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never even heard of this site! Thanks for sharing the info about K-beauty items! I'll have to try to restrain myself while I use up the giant box I have. I'll definitely be comparison shopping between iHerb and Memebox for my next purchases.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for this post! In my opinion a lot of stores, Urban Outfitters especially, sell K beauty for very high prices.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for posting this! I wish I had read it before I ever chose to get an Ultimate Rewards Card.
    Honestly, I would never recommend for anyone to get it. It's true that you get more points much faster; But they make it harder for you to pay off your card (especially if it's a smaller amount), because they're constantly adding "finance charging" to your account. And for no reason!
    Ulta is fine, just don't get a card with them.��

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig