Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Tuesday, May 3, 2016

So Here's Why the Urban Decay Revolution Lipsticks are $11 Right Now...

image source: Refinery29.com
NEW Urban Decay Vice Lipstick
(Launching June 5th, 2016)

I want to thank two lovely readers for the heads-up about this one: Rina on Facebook and Zina for the comment on the You Tell Me page

So as you ALL know, the Urban Decay Revolution Lipsticks (all finishes) have been on sale for $11 (reg $22) at basically every retailer that carries UD. I'll give you some links at the end of this post of retailers that still have some in stock online at this price.

But why this mass discount/clearance?? There have been tons of rumors flying around, and much panic within the UD fan community. Are they discontinuing the entire line? Repackaging them? Well, both. Sort of.

From Refinery29:
...all existing UD lipsticks are going bye-bye. Stop hyperventilating and take some deep breaths, please — you don't have to bid farewell to your beloved Matte Revolution. The new Vice (that's what the inclusive collection is now called) takes all of the existing lipstick shades (including some discontinued ones, some limited-edition selects, and some brand-new ones) and repackages, reformulates, and reintroduces them to the world. 
The formulas feature an "unbelievable laydown of color"; a butter blend to condition; antioxidant vitamins C and E; a non-dragging application; long-lasting moisture; and softness thanks to aloe vera, avocado, babassu, and jojoba oils. The shades span the gamut of finishes: Mega Matte, Comfort Matte, Cream, Metallized, Sheer, and Sheer Shimmer.
That packaging we were talking about? It fits in perfectly with UD's whole "beauty with an edge" ethos, and then some. Vice is a throwback to the brand's OG lipstick case — the shotgun shell, for you hardcore fans — but modernizes it with a gunmetal case and a gold base featuring an embossed UD logo.
...About those shades, there are 100 of them. Not around, not close to, not basically: There are 100 lipstick colors launching at one time, in a veritable flood of pigment, to the shelves and websites of UD retailers (Sephora, Ulta Beauty, Macy's, Beauty.com) and UrbanDecay.com (duh). And 74 of those hues are brand-new. Just wait, there's more. Because apparently, 100 lipsticks wasn't enough, you've also got 50 redesigned lip pencils coming your way.

Be sure to read the entire Refinery29 article HERE for even more info, as well as more photos.

So there you have it! That's the reason. Mystery solved.

If you would like to jump on the $11 Revolution Lipsticks while you still can, click a link below to check out the shades still in stock online at various retailers (also check in-store, if you live near an Ulta, Macy's, Sephora, or Belk):


Thanks again, Rina and Zina, for the great info!
SHARE:

18 comments

  1. How awesome that UD has also lowered the price!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only on the older ones, not the new ones that are coming.

      Delete
    2. On Pyrra's website she says that the Vice line will be $17 instead of the Revolution $22. I don't know if that means the oz will be less for the new lipsticks though.

      Delete
    3. Yes, according to the Refinery 29 article, the new Vice lip sticks will be They will be $17 when they launch versus the $23 full price for Revolution lipsticks.

      Delete
  2. I have been wondering this bc I just discovered them! I've picked up a few, must get more and stock up! I like the current packaging :/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Including the Ulta 21 Days of Beauty Sale, I've purchased about 14 UD lipsticks at the $11 discount price. I'm not going to buy any more. I'm anxious to get my hands on the new Vice colors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What are some of your favorites or hidden gems ?

      Delete
    2. ReedShoot, I've been on a red lipstick kick lately. My faves are Tilt, Anarchy, Bang and Temper.

      Delete
  4. Quick what are the recommended colors I should get my hands on? My skin tone is NC 42 in MAC makeup-speak.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Purple is one of my fave colors so I'll miss the current packaging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the current packaging is definitely more fun.

      Delete
  6. I like that they switched to a traditional lipstick shape. I bet a big portion of the 100 shades will be online only though. I can't imagine Sephora or Ulta carrying that big of a lipstick display...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I took advantage of this offer too at my local Ulta. I only had one color before and I didn't really like it (Native) It looks way to pale on me, so I never even tried any other ones. But I like the formula so now I own Turn on, Fiend and Streak. All beautiful colors. I might go back for more.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love the current packaging especially the sheer ones, so purple and UD! I thought it would be perfect to have a 'click'...Now there is a 'click' but cap is way too long for my taste (like Gwen's)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Grabbed Matte in Temper, from Macys.com. $11, free shipping and an 8% ebate, to boot. Can't pass that up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think the current packaging is so lovely and sleek. Purple is my favorite color and it's part of UD's branding--strange that they wouldn't incorporate it at all in their relaunch of these lippies.

    I already picked up 3 of the Revolution lipsticks since they've gone on sale at $11. Now I'm really tempted to get more if they're getting rid of the purple tube.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope they roll in a couple of the LE shades I like. From my understanding these will be a bit cheaper, which would be nice. I can wait a bit now, though, since I hauled some of the $11 ones.

    ReplyDelete
  12. More information here: http://phyrra.net/2016/05/urban-decay-vice-lipsticks.html

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig