Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Spotted: Walgreens Revo Holiday 2014 Limited Edition Holiday Party Lip Balms

I want to thank several of you here and on social media for letting me know that the Walgreens Revo Holiday Collection has landed at Walgreens stores. I've been looking for these like crazy since I first heard about them, but no luck (yet). If you haven't seen these yet, here's a great pic of the display kindly submitted by reader @amynicolek_ on Instagram:

image credit: @amynicolek_ for Nouveau Cheap
Walgreens Revo Holiday 2014 Limited Edition Holiday Party Lip Balms
(retail: $2.99 each)

Keep reading for more info...

As you can see, the packaging for this collection is pretty fancy (like Christmas tree ornaments). The flavors are as follows:

Blue metallic: French Vanilla Snowflake
Silver metallic: Sugar Cookie
Red metallic: Red Velvet Cupcake
Green metallic: Merry Mocha Mint
Gold metallic: Gingerbread Latte
Pink metallic: Sweet Sugar Plum

For those who are new to Revo lip balms, Revo is made by OraLabs. OraLabs makes these Revo balms under their own ChapIce brand, and they also make them under retailer house brands such as Walgreens (see above), Rite Aid, CVS, etc. 

As for how these compare to eos lip balms, the formulations are totally different--I know that many of you prefer the formulation of the Revo lip balms over eos, and vice versa. It's really a question of personal taste--I find the Revo lip balms to feel slicker and thinner on the lips, whereas the original eos formula is thicker and waxier (although the new eos Visibly Soft formula is a lot creamier to me than the original eos formula). 

Needless to say, there are people who feel strongly both ways (as to which balms are better) and I do want to say that eos balms do not contain petroleum-based ingredients (if that is a concern for you), while Revo balms do contain mineral oil and petrolatum (you can see the full ingredients in my Mini Revo ChapIce review here). I personally like both, and I like the fun flavors in the Revo line (like these holiday flavors). 

Have you spotted the Revo Walgreens Holiday 2014 collection at your local Walgreens yet? If so, I would love to know which flavors you purchased and how you like them!

Thanks again, @amynicolek_, for the great sighting and pic!
SHARE:

18 comments

  1. I know for sure I'm going to grab two. Can't wait to see them at my Walgreens!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw these at Wags yesterday -- they were next to the register in the cosmetics section. Haven't gotten any yet but plan to get some as stocking stuffers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh I'm super excited for these. I really enjoy these balms especially for the flavors. If your into fruity flavors you definitely need to try the regular ones. The watermelon tastes just like a watermelon blow pop.(so good) I know that some of these aren't new because I purchased the sugar cookie and sugar plum at my Walgreens last year. Just a word of caution...the sugar plum smells and taste just like cough syrup. It was awful and I returned mine for another sugar cookie because that one was the bomb.com...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely want Gingerbread Latte!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't tried the Revo balm brand before, but I want to try these holiday balms. They look pretty and they have a lot of nice flavors! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these! Sugar Cookie is delicious, and I can't wait to try Gingerbread Latte and Red Velvet Cupcake.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome! I like how they're shiny like ornaments. I want sugar cookie at least.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Found these over the weekend- I couldn't believe how many flavors there were!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just got some of the fall ones and they're amazing! I need these in my life too lol.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Some walgreens are offering a bogo on these till Nov 26

    ReplyDelete
  11. Some walgreens are offering a bogo

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am going to try one after work.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Want! I actually found mine last year at the photo counter in that plastic bucket. So you never know where they might stick them!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looking forward to trying the red velvet cupcake, loved sugar cookie last year so I hope it smells the same. Kind of disappointed that there's no peppermint/candy cane flavor this year :/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Have been looking for these in Charlotte but have not had any luck finding them at any Walgreens stores. They are also not available online. Any suggestions on where to find them?

    ReplyDelete
  16. I saw some revo at cvs on clearance for 19 cents, like it so far

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig