Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Saturday, May 24, 2014

Now at Dollar Tree: Mini Chap Ice Revo Lip Balms!

Why is it that whenever there's a mini version of something, I always feel compelled to own it? Mini nail polishes, mini M&Ms, I don't care. It's all adorable. And when the mini version is just $1 at Dollar Tree, that's downright irresistible to me.

I've spotted some great things at Dollar Tree this week (more on that at the end of this post) but my best score by far was these mini Chap Ice Revos. For those new to Chap Ice Revos, they're also known as eos "dupes" (I put "dupes" in quotes because it's really only the packaging that's a dupe...the formulas are completely different).  Take a peek at these cuties:

Adorable, right?

NEW Mini Chap Ice Revo Lip Balms in Strawberry, Watermelon and Cherry
(retail: $1 each at Dollar Tree, 0.14 oz)






Cherry, Strawberry, Watermelon 

Here's another comparison:

Full-size Revo vs. mini Revos

Full-size Revo in Blue RazBerry vs. mini Revo in Strawberry

A full-size Revo is 0.25 oz. (exact same size as eos) while the mini is 0.14 oz. So you're getting a little over half the amount in the mini version so the price is fitting, given that most retailers sell the full-size Revos for about $2.99 (I think that's what Walgreens charges for their Walgreens brand Revos). So $1 for 0.14 oz. seems quite fair to me.



And in case you're curions, here's a comparison with the Softlips Cube (click here for my review):

Full-size Revo (0.25 oz), Softlips Cube (0.23 oz), mini Revo (0.14 oz)


As you can see, the mini Revo is just as compact as the Softlips Cube.


I don't know how many flavors Chap Ice offers in the mini Revos, but my Dollar Tree only had the three you see above. I'm assuming they'll probably make them in all of the eight core flavors listed HERE. I know that Walgreens releases limited edition seasonal flavors in their Revos, so maybe we'll see those in mini versions down the road?

Oh! And after weeks of searching, I finally found some Sally Hansen Salon Effects for $1 each at my Dollar Tree (remember my post about those popping up at Dollar Tree back at the end of April?). But I was completely let down when I discovered that my Dollar Tree only had one design (pic here), and it's my least favorite design of all. Just my luck!

One more thing I spotted at my Dollar Tree (and forgive me if this is a repeat and some of you have already mentioned this): full-size AcneFree skincare. My Dollar Tree had the Gentle Acne Scrub and Astringent Toner Pads for, of course, $1 each (click here for a pic). This is quite the deal since AcneFree products retail for around $8 each at the drugstores. I picked up the face scrub out of curiosity. Do any of you use that scrub?

That's it for this Dollar Tree sightings post--I just can't get over the cuteness of these mini Revos. If you like the Revo formula, definitely be on the lookout for these minis at your local Dollar Tree! And please do let me know if you spot the minis elsewhere (I have only seen these at Dollar Tree as of the time of this post).

The products featured in this post were purchased with personal funds. For more information, click here.
SHARE:

14 comments

  1. My dollar tree has a ton of brand name grocery but very little beauty products. They had full size acne free "terminator" benzoyl peroxide ointments a few months ago. I hope mine starts carrying these minis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these minis. If I find them I will buy one. P.s. G., I haven't tried these. Are they creamy or hard?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! Thank you for the info! I will try to run to my DT to grab me some of the mini revo! And hopefully the have some of the gentle acne scrub for me to try out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I personally use the AcneFree system to help control my acne. I haven't used the scrub yet, but I've had great results in regards to keeping my skin clear. Hope this helps! Need to check out my Dollar Tree for cool finds!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are SO CUTE. I am a total sucker for mini things.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did you see Profusion eyeshadow palettes at the Dollar Tree? I saw a ton at mine but can't justify buying more eyeshadow. But I'm curious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw a bunch of Profusions at a local Dollar Tree (outside of Detroit). I picked one up and love it. Amazing quality for $1. I like them better than much pricier ones I've tried.

      Delete
  7. Just found the watermelon one at DT today. I was so excited bc I didn't think they had any after looking over the beauty area. I looked again and way down at the bottom was one. I looked all over the store hoping they were placed somewhere else since the lone one I found was not even in the right place. It was just stuck there on a row of other products all by itself. Oh well, I'm trying it out now and hour I find the others in another DT. So far I can say it definitely smells great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so glad you compared them to the softlips. I haven't found those anywhere yet. I've found the full size Chap Ice at Big Lots. I bought the Strawberry. I am one of those people will always try the "other brand" first. I need these mini's. I am just like you in that regard.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Found me some! Went to three DT in my area and finally found two flavors, watermelon and strawberry. 😄

    ReplyDelete
  10. Found these today at my 99¢ store; only 3 left, all Strawberry... I bought them all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I went to my Dollar Tree in auburn ga and I found the watermelon one and a strawberry one and they had 4 watermelon and 4 strawberry ones so I got all of them this is the first lip balm I bolt at the Dollar Tree and I love it I will go back and see if they have more and get them I can't find the cherry one. And they will make a good Christmas gift and I wish I can find the cherry one .thanks for coming out with this lip balm .

    ReplyDelete
  12. I went to my Dollar Tree in auburn ga and I found the watermelon one and a strawberry one and they had 4 watermelon and 4 strawberry ones so I got all of them this is the first lip balm I bolt at the Dollar Tree and I love it I will go back and see if they have more and get them I can't find the cherry one. And they will make a good Christmas gift and I wish I can find the cherry one .thanks for coming out with this lip balm .

    ReplyDelete
  13. Got this as part of a gift...yummy and awesome..Michigan!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig