Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Saturday, October 25, 2014

Spotted: Maybelline Holiday 2014 Limited Edition Ruby Star Baby Lips

UPDATE: Thanks to reader @bbw_and_beauty on Instagram for letting me know that there are two additional Holiday 2014 shades now surfacing in stores: Winter Flush and Pink Wishes. These two shades are in two-packs just like the one below. So as of the time of this post, there are THREE total Holiday 2014 Limited Edition Baby Lips shades. I'm wondering if this will be like Holiday 2012, when Maybelline rolled out three limited edition shades in November, and then two additional limited edition shades in December/January. I guess only time will tell!

Over the past few weeks, I've received many tips and inquiries about this mysterious new Baby Lips flavor called Ruby Star. For a while it was only available at places like eBay, and I hadn't heard from anyone who had actually spotted this flavor in-store...until now!

Many thanks to reader Seana for this one. Seana spotted Ruby Star at her local Walgreens this week and kindly shared some pics with us:

image credit: Seana for Nouveau Cheap
Maybelline Holiday 2014 Limited Edition Baby Lips Ruby Star
(NOTE: Crystal Kiss is a permanent shade in the existing Baby Lips range)

A closer look, after the jump...

image credit: Seana for Nouveau Cheap

I'm liking the color of Ruby Star so far! How about you? I'm wondering if the scent/flavor are like ruby red grapefruit? If you already own Ruby Star, please let us know what you think!

I'm assuming that this Ruby Star Holiday 2-pack will also be available at other retailers like CVS, Rite Aid, Target, etc. If you spot Ruby Star anywhere other than Walgreens, I would love if you'd leave a comment below to fill us in!

Thanks so much, Seana, for solving the Ruby Star mystery for me. I really appreciate it!

PS: And just in case you missed this at the top of this blog post: Thanks to reader @bbw_and_beauty on Instagram for letting me know that there are two additional Holiday 2014 shades now surfacing in stores: Winter Flush  and Pink Wishes. These two shades are in two-packs just like the one above. So as of the time of this post, there are THREE total Holiday 2014 Limited Edition Baby Lips shades. I'm wondering if this will be like Holiday 2012, when Maybelline rolled out three limited edition shades in November, and then two additional limited edition shades in December/January. I guess only time will tell!
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. Just the other day I was thinking, I'd love to see a new LE Baby Lips roll out. And lo and behold, you deliver the good news...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ugh im on the Hunt for these 3 new limited ed shades.......feel like i am always 'on the hunt' LOL

      Delete
  2. I saw this 2-pack at my local Meijer (IN) today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I spotted this at one of our local Walgreens today (along with all the Profusion sets you posted about!). I wish it didn't come in a two-pack, though, because I don't favor the Crystal Baby Lips.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I picked this up at Walgreens today. I love the color of Ruby Star but it has a minty scent/flavor. Unfortunately, my sensitive and dry lips don't play well with minty lip products. Boooo! I gave the Crystal Kiss shade to my 6 year old daughter because she is all about getting into my lip product stash and she especially likes my Baby Lips for some reason. I thought this would be a nice subtle shade for her and it has sparkles!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig