Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Spotted & Swatched: NEW Rimmel BB Cream Matte SPF15

I'm still not quite over my excitement about the new Rimmel Cheek Stains, Colour Balms, etc. that are now popping up in US drugstores (click here if you missed my post). But there's even more to get excited about if you're a Rimmel fan, and I have lots of pics and info for you today!

The other day on Twitter, reader Lisa of Swatchesandwhatnot mentioned to me that there was a new Rimmel MATTE BB Cream, and I was certainly intrigued. Then, as luck would have it, reader @YaydahDarling on Instagram spotted the new BB Cream Matte at her local Walmart and shared lots of pics (and even swatches). Take a look:

 image credit: YaydahDarling for Nouveau Cheap
NEW Rimmel BB Cream Matte SPF15 in 001 Light and 002 Medium
(retail: $6.47 at Walmart, 1.0 oz)

As you can see in the display above, there are only two shades in this range: 001 Light and 002 Medium.

 image credit: YaydahDarling for Nouveau Cheap

 image credit: YaydahDarling for Nouveau Cheap

Ingredients:

 image credit: YaydahDarling for Nouveau Cheap

Ingredients continued:

  image credit: YaydahDarling for Nouveau Cheap

YaydahDarling also owns the original Rimmel BB Cream in Medium, and kindly compared it to the new Matte BB Creams in both Light and Medium:

 image credit: YaydahDarling for Nouveau Cheap
Left to Right:
 Rimmel BB Cream Matte - Light
Rimmel BB Cream - Medium
Rimmel BB Cream Matte - Medium

Swatches:

  image credit: YaydahDarling for Nouveau Cheap

 image credit: YaydahDarling for Nouveau Cheap

Looking at the swatches above, you can see that the original BB Cream in Medium is much more pink. I actually own the original in Medium and I like the formula but it's WAY too pink for my NC20 skintone. So I'm really excited to try the new Matte BB Cream in Light--it looks much closer to my skintone in these swatches!

Have you spotted the new Rimmel BB Cream Matte SPF15 in your area yet? Are you a fan of the original? Think you'll give the matte version a try?

Thanks so very much, YaydahDarling, for the great sighting, photos and swatch comparisons. I really appreciate it!
SHARE:

15 comments

  1. Looks interesting. :) I have yet to find them near me, hopefully soon though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you, G. The original formula is way too pink for us NC20 ladies, but this new matte formula in light is a must try!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really hope there is a dark one. Cause I love the coverage of the original bb cream but it feels too greasy. Fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely on my list to try, especially with my recent success with the new stay matte primer and foundation.. and the fact that I see kaolin clay in the ingredient list. What the heck is up with the spf though? 15 is really low, and the regular formula has 25.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am currently using the original ... but won't repurchase. I actually loved it at first, because it indeed stays put. So it's quite fabulous I think for oilier and younger skin tones! Highly recommend. I have oily skin in my t zone mostly. It's starting to seem a bit dry on my skin now, and I like something more dewy and moisturizing. And you definitely can't do more than one layer, because it dries so fast and will be spotty and very flakey. A little odd ... but one layer provides more than enough coverage! I find the best way to apply it is with a medium sized blush brush. Looks very natural and flawless that way, with lots of coverage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You mentioned it dries very fast... maybe that's why it pills up on met and ends up looking bad... other than that I really like the color for my cool-toned skin... I think I will try your method of application with a brush... exactly which brush do you use?

      Delete
  6. I'll def try it but need to use up some other foundations/bb creams/moisturizers first since I have about eight or nine just sitting in my drawer. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aaaand again woc are totally ignored by some drugstore brands :/

    ReplyDelete
  8. A matte BB cream is something new... interesting. I'm not really into matte finishes, so I'm interested in the original verson.. although, I think that matte light would suit me better too... bring on the yellow tones.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I find it funny that the original formula appears more matte than the matte formula! Or is that just me?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I did spot these the other day at Meijer when I was looking for the new blushes (which they didn't have). Not sure if I'll try this or not. Have to see some reviews on it...

    ReplyDelete
  11. While I was excited to hear about these, the light is far too dark.... yet again.

    ReplyDelete
  12. "I find it funny that the original formula appears more matte than the matte formula! Or is that just me? "

    I think the swatches had just not dried down or "set" yet.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I do love my lumene bb cream, as well as my pur minerals cc cream. But I think I just got lured in to trying rimmel's new matte bb cream. I'm a sucker for matte face products.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The consistency loooks like Garnier Oil Control BB, which is my HG BB. Excited to check this one out!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig