Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Sunday, December 29, 2013

Spotted: More Big Top Coats from Sally Hansen

Remember the Big Shiny Top Coat and Big Matte Top Coat that were first spotted in the Sally Hansen I Heart Nail Art display back in November? Well good ol' Ms. Hansen isn't stopping with just those two new top coats. There are six additional Big Top Coats now hitting stores!

Many thanks to reader Susie for this one. Susie spotted all eight of the Big Top Coats at her local Walmart recently and was nice enough to share some pics. Susie didn't find these in a counter display--she said they were just mixed in with the Pure Ice polishes. So if you can't find a counter display for these, look in the permanent racks--you never know where they might pop up!

To refresh your memory, here are the Big Matte and Big Shiny Top Coats again:

 image credit: Susie for Nouveau Cheap

Susie confirmed that these top coats are $5.79 each at Walmart (FYI, they're $5.99 at Ulta). What's interesting is that the bottles contain 0.4 oz of product, whereas a standard polish bottle is 0.5 oz. I thought that the concept for these was that you were getting a BIG bottle of product, but that's actually not the case. Looking at the Sally Hansen website, there's no reference to these being "big bottles," so the word "big" in this context is more of a synonym for "extreme" (in performance, not quantity).

 image credit: Susie for Nouveau Cheap

And here are the six additional Big Top Coats:

 image credit: Susie for Nouveau Cheap
Big Smoky Top Coat

Coty owns both Sally Hansen and NYC, and I'm really, really hoping that this new Big Smoky Top Coat is not similar to the NYC Limited Edition Rock Muse Top Coat from Fall 2012. If you'll recall, the NYC Rock Muse Top Coat was a "smoky" top coat as well, and it was a streaky mess for me. Finger crossed that this isn't the same formula, because I really like the concept of a smoky top coat.

  image credit: Susie for Nouveau Cheap
Big Crackle Top Coat

 image credit: Susie for Nouveau Cheap
Big Shimmer Top Coat

  image credit: Susie for Nouveau Cheap
Big Glitter Top Coat

  image credit: Susie for Nouveau Cheap
Big Glitter Top Coat

It is just me or does this gold glitter polish look similar to Glitter Gun (the version with the chunky glitter) from the Fall 2013 Xtreme Wear collection?

  image credit: Susie for Nouveau Cheap
Big Glitter Top Coat

I came so close to purchasing the Big Matte Top Coat when I spotted it at Rite Aid a few weeks ago, but I decided to wait for a good sale. Have any of you purchased any of these top coats yet? Thoughts?

Thanks so very much, Susie, for the great sighting, pics and info. I really appreciate it!
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. Where have I been that I have not heard of a smoky top coat? Time to go into your archives again G., to figure out just what this is! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you, G. I thought these were a "big" bottle too. It didn't dawn on me to look at the ounces. This is kind of misleading if you think about it because why else would they be calling it big? Another marketing trick I suppose!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is the Big Shimmer one a flakie?? :) I'm curious to know what a smoky top coat is, too...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to find a swatching of the smoky one. I might have to go scout it out. I have $1 off coupons for SH that expire tomorrow!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have seen these a while ago at Kmart first now at Walgreens. I glanced but wasn't compelled to buy anything. However I would love to see reviews for the smoky top coat & how that works.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just picked up Wet n' Wild's matte top coat at Walgreen's for 69 cents with their rewards card, 0.43 fl. oz.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so very curious about the smoky top coat -how would that work, anyway- & the crackle top coat -now, how would THAT work? Isn't every other crackle a top coat.
    Point is, yet I go to Sally Hansen .com & there is no info about those so I'm so very confused.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Somehow I can't get my head around a smokey top coat. I mean...why?

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig